Granny Squares.

I love making them too. But, I have modified mine.

I don't put as many chains in between the squares

I am making a shaby chic pink and tan granny squares

I am trying to make pink roses and tan posies to go on them

too.

I will put the pink roses on the tan squares and tan posies

on the pink squares.

When I was really young my Mom's mom made a granny square

afagan.

In the first few rounds she used ombre colors,

and then in the middle solid black

and then solid black around the last few rounds

It is beatiful, We still have the afagan today.

I am in my 50's so the ghan is right old. Pinkroses

I :hook LOVE:hook granny squares! All the good things that you all have said about them, I agree with. I love making them and the feeling of finishing each one. I take care of the ends as I go along. I am working on ideas for an afghan and using the flat braid join as you go method so no sewing together...which is great....but I do sort of miss finishing the square and putting it in a stack, to be joined later....doesn't that sound nuts?

Love granny squares. I just don't like weaving in all those loose ends! Granny squares make a beautiful afghan and depending on the size hook you use can be tightly "knitted" for more warmth. I've been procrastinating about finishing up an afghan I made. It's those pesky loose ends! My resolution is to weave in the ends as I go along.:manyheart:yarn

I love granny squares as well! I just said on another post.....I like them because I don't have to count and I can do them in the dark while I am waiting for my kids to fall asleep. I sit on the floor of the bedroom and granny square away while they go to sleep. that beats just sitting there in the dark for what feels like an eternity! LOL! I love trading them too! I think granny is one of the only patterns that can be done a dozen ways and still turn out with the same thing! Thats why I like to see how other people do theirs! Granny swaps make awesome afghans!

Archived