Start then frog...How many times before you give up?

tiniree

I just spent this entire weekend :eek starting/frogging/re-starting an afghan pattern until I "finally" got the pattern row right.

My sons (ages 12 & 7) said about the third time I was frogging, "I'd just give up and start something else, Mom!". I new I could get it right and kept at it.

How many times will you start/frog/re-start before you totally give up on a pattern?

Marie

i might try 3 or 4 times - depends on the pattern i guess. i dont' usually get really worked up over it cuz i have a lot of patterns that i could work on and there's like a million more online.

There's this jacket pattern in a MAgic Crochet magazine that I have attempted the swatch for about 12 times. Every once in awhile I pick it up again. I think the problem is the magazine is translated from French and it lost something in the translation. Usually their patterns have an accompanying stitch diagram, but not this one. I've been trying it since 2002.

I am glad that you guys just keep on going. I want to begin crocheting an afghan but I am sooooooooooo a newbie. Do you think I should give it a whirl? All I have made so far are a couple of amis.

Go for it! One made of squares might be less intimidating to start with though.

Good luck!

It depends on the pattern and my mindset at the time.

If I really, really want to make the pattern no matter what or I'm in the mindset to be challenged then I won't give up no matter what.

Though sometimes if I was only mildly interested in the pattern or want to crochet to relax than I'll frog only a couple times and then put it down.

It depends on the pattern and how much I really want to make it at that time! I've changed yarns lots of times until I get it right. I always go back to the pattern after I feel I've learned some more stitches and have better skills!

Kim

I just spent this entire weekend :eek starting/frogging/re-starting an afghan pattern until I "finally" got the pattern row right.

My sons (ages 12 & 7) said about the third time I was frogging, "I'd just give up and start something else, Mom!". I new I could get it right and kept at it.

How many times will you start/frog/re-start before you totally give up on a pattern?

Marie

Something I've made before 2x... as after that, I figure the yarn just wants to be something ELSE. Sometimes the yarn goes back into a stash box till I can decide what to do with it.

Something NEW, maybe 4-5 times + depending on how badly I want to learn it... or want the finished item.

Knitting socks turned out to be significantly easier than I expected. but later I had one roll of sock yarn that just wanted to be something DIFFERENT. It's still in my stash. I may go pull it out and ask it what it wants to be.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived