who has a jimbo hook?

I just got my first jimbo hook and I am in love!!!!! Who out there has one? What do you use it for? And most important of all where do you keep it so it will stay beautiful when it is not being used?

I do I do I do and I love it to make my afghans with

Jess,

jimbo is a 'viller here that hand crafts crochet hooks and auctions them off on his blog you can find it here.

http://www.jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/

His hooks feel so nice in the hand my hands don't get sore when I use it

Well I haven't kept any but have gotten them for friends here........... does that count? lol.

Also I saw one person that had DH take a piece of pvc pipe and put the screw on lid on the end and a little hole on top for ventilation for hers. She also made a thread cover for that pipe looking creation. :)

the egg hooks are interesting, are they more ergonomic? looks like they'd take some getting used to?

I don't know if I'd call them more ergonomic. I bought mine to see if it would help with my arthritis in the hands. But, yes, it takes some getting used to. Before I typed this message, I did a small swatch using Jimbo's egg hook. It was slow-going because I'm not used to the hook. The swatch was too small to tell if it would ease my arthritis. But I LOVE the feel of the wood.

Everyone who crochets should have at least one Jimbo hook in their collection!

I am the proud owner of 3 and just won 3 more! My buddy Paulette AKA funkyreporter who posted a few posts back on this thread is sending me my very own special Jimbo Hook Holder! I am so excited and can't WAIT to get it! No one touches my Jimbo hooks without washing their hands first!!! Funkyreporter also makes these really cool book and crochet accessory holders. They aren't flimsy...which I love and they have LOTS of pockets for everything you could possibly need for your projet that you are working on! AND they actually hold your book or pattern so it doesn't get all crinkled up in your bag! Y'all really should check out her etsy site! Paulette, if you are reading this, thanks a million...you are the BEST! :hug

I am the proud owner of 3 and just won 3 more! My buddy Paulette AKA funkyreporter who posted a few posts back on this thread is sending me my very own special Jimbo Hook Holder! I am so excited and can't WAIT to get it! No one touches my Jimbo hooks without washing their hands first!!! Funkyreporter also makes these really cool book and crochet accessory holders. They aren't flimsy...which I love and they have LOTS of pockets for everything you could possibly need for your projet that you are working on! AND they actually hold your book or pattern so it doesn't get all crinkled up in your bag! Y'all really should check out her etsy site! Paulette, if you are reading this, thanks a million...you are the BEST! :hug

Ah, shucks, Deb, you really make me feel good, and just when I need it! Now that you have three MORE Jimbo hooks I'm going to have to make you a Jumbo Jimbo hook holder, in kitty fabric, gratis of course 'cause you're just too sweet!

What sizes do you have now and how big around? OOH, I get to go to the fabric store and look for kitty fabric *woot*woot*

I am the proud owner of 3 and just won 3 more!

I saw your bids on Jimbo's blogsite and am so pleased you were able to win three more. I may have to wait till my next tax refund to get another!

Well, I don't have as many as Paulette has but I love both of mine. One is a Q hook that I only use occasionally but I hated the plastic one I had. Since I usually use a G, Jimbo made me a beautiful wooden handle for my hook. I hate to admit it but I use it so much that I just throw it into the great Crochetville bag that Tampa Doll made for me!

i have several jimmy hooks! I usually keep them wrapped inthe felt he sends them in and in one of the boxes. i couldnt bear to have something happen to one of them!

tell me what a noste is too ive seen them for sale but dont have a clue?

It is used to make center pull balls with your yarn, the old fashion way. I love mine. I am working on a graph ghan and don't have any bobbins. Jim is kind of enough to experiment with making some for me. But for now I am using the Nostel to make small balls of yarn that stay together quite well.

I own several Jimbo hooks... which is not a surprize since i'm jimbo. heh

Thanks for starting this thread, Beth. I'd LOVE to see how many members have a Jimbo hook. (i know i should have kept track but i'm a lousy record keeper).

jimbo

I have 2 Jimbo hooks & love them!!!! I'm working on a plan to send him some wood from the fallen apple tree in our yard to be used for a CT grown Jimbo Hook!!!:clap :clap :clap

Archived