my craft room

I need a little help. I have been stenciling craft related words on the walls of my craft room, and now I can't decide if I need more words or if it is good. Here is pics of the 4 walls

100_0585.jpg

100_0586.jpg

100_0587.jpg

100_0588.jpg

I will be adding a chair to this corner. I was also think I might put words that relate to relaxing on this wall. What so you all think

I think you are a very lucky lady to have an entire room devoted to just crafts!:) Wish I could be so lucky!

Looks good and if you add too much it might look crowded vs. open and enjoyable but would agree that that last wall needs just a little something.

what is "patten"? I haven't heard that term yet, is it for knitting? I love the "O's! They're so fun! What a nice room!!! I have a pony room with shelves on two walls for my collection, and then my unused scrapbooking stuff is in there, and then my tubs of yarn... a girl needs more than the largest room in the house to herself! lol!!!

what is "patten"? I haven't heard that term yet, is it for knitting? I love the "O's! They're so fun! What a nice room!!! I have a pony room with shelves on two walls for my collection, and then my unused scrapbooking stuff is in there, and then my tubs of yarn... a girl needs more than the largest room in the house to herself! lol!!!

DARN IT. I know I would spell something wrong. I meant Pattern. I guess I will have to figure out a way to fix it. Thank you for pointing it out.

oh no! *feels bad* I kinda thought that maybe... but then I thought maybe it was just a term for something I didn't know...

hey! Did you use the oil based little tubs of stencil cream paint? If so, get some dish soap and see if you can wash it off... I stencil and I've found that if you catch it early enough you can wash it off... gosh it's worth a shot...

I'm so sorry, I feel bad that I kinda pointed it out...

I agree that that last wall needs something :think But I don't know what.

I think stripes in the room would add color and pizazz :P But that's just me. I would love stripes on my wall, stripes somehow make me feel more creative and cheerful in a way :D

But that means a whole lot of extra work :scared

oh no! *feels bad* I kinda thought that maybe... but then I thought maybe it was just a term for something I didn't know...

hey! Did you use the oil based little tubs of stencil cream paint? If so, get some dish soap and see if you can wash it off... I stencil and I've found that if you catch it early enough you can wash it off... gosh it's worth a shot...

I'm so sorry, I feel bad that I kinda pointed it out...

Please don't feel bad. Thank you for pointing it out. I have showed a few other people the room and no one else said anything.

But does any one have any suggestions on what other words I should use on the forth wall ?

I love your room and it looks like you have the same kind of knitting machine I have, what other types of crafts do you do, scrapbooking, decopage, flower arrangements, or you could paint that wall a pastel and maybe put other types of craft words on the other walls in smaller letters.

you are doing such a beautiful job! :cheer I guess it just depends on what you like. I am someone who like lots on my walls so I would add a couple of small pictures like a spool, skein of yarn, etc. You can make your own stencils by getting card stock and printing a picture of what you want and then cutting it out and using outline to paint with.

Let us see when you are all finished!

Could you add a quote that encompasses your attitude about crafting? Or maybe a quote that simply lifts your spirits when you see it? My favorite is "We can do no great things, only small things with great love." --Mother Teresa It works as a nice reminder when I'm working on a project to put love into it...since I'm bound to put mistakes into it! By the way, it's a great room, and I love the words you've picked. Enjoy your new space!

I don't know if you use all the crafts I mention but here are some ideas: sew, lace, doily, stitch, wool, cotton, fabric, quilt, clothes, paint, stencil:P, creative, imagine, handcrafted, love, skill, accomplishment, content, productive, design, useful, beautiful, yarn (I know you already have that one but who doesn't need more yarn?:lol)

If it were me I would add at least one more the wall that had crochet on it. Probably above the word crochet. Not sure what word I would add though.

For the relaxing wall I would use words like create, dream, relax, etc.

I love your craft room!!!!! My craft room is 12 by 10. How big is yours??? I've always loved murals!!!! In my master bathroom, I had wanted a mural of a window looking out to the ocean with a lighthouse and a sailboat. But instead we put up glass shelves!! Great job on what your doing!!

I love the room....fabulous idea. Maybe for the blank wall that you want related to relaxing how about: meditate, breathe, relax, stillness, quiet, mood, loop de loop, wool, stitch marker, cotton.

Thank you all. the sewing machine was my Grandmother's and all the sewing thread came from her also. I am trying to get back into sewing and quilting. My main craft is crocheting. And now that I have a room I am going to start to use my knitting machine. I am not sure how big the room is but it suits my needs, I also have a fold away table behind the door so I can pull it out when it is needed. I love the word you all have provided to me I think I will have to decide on a few later and put them on the blank wall. I am also thinking of putting a saying over the door to the closet (not shown in the pics) just now sure what saying yet. Thank you all for your wonderful comments and advice.

It is a Fabulous room.

What about a "finished" wall. Items that you have crafted. IE: Doily, Afghan, Dolls, Quilts, Shrugs, Dresses, Layettes, booties, hats, slippers, etc etc etc.. whatever you make!

:manyheart

My craft room runs the full length of the house and has a fake fireplace, a rolltop desk, a comfy chair, (soon) a daybed, and the hubby doesn't come up there b/c the ceiling is low (he's 6'4") so that is where I burn my candles b/c he is allergic to fragrance. I haven't done much decorating b/c I tore my ACL and haven't been able to get up stairs for 3-1/2 months. Just now recovered enough from surgery to do something up there!!! My craft room will have a Mary Engelbreit theme.

Your room is wonderful. I agree with the comment about using a quote or saying on the 4th wall. Something that when you read it it brings you peace or relaxation as opposed to those words actually appearing. Good luck with it.

Archived