Fandango Yep another new design

Katchkan

I know you must all get a bit tired of seeing me yet again but I do seem to be on a roll here lately. I can't seem to stop.... I just finished my newest design.I am calling this one Fandango. I was experimenting with shapes and decorative stitches on this one. It is a square shape. It measures 16 inches. I did it in Baroque white thread with a 7 hook. The pictures don't show of the raised stitches as well as I would like. What I do like is it has 2 ways to display it. Turning it gives it a whole different look. So what do you think of my newest?

th_Fandango1.jpgth_FandangoA1.jpg

I like it very much displayed on the diagonal, somewhat less so straight on, but I can't pinpoint why. I'm a big fan of squares worked "in the round" (I'm working on one now--NOT my own pattern, of course.). The fan corners are beautiful...maybe if I could see the stitch pattern better, I'd like it straight on as well as on the bias. It's a very pretty design.

Actually...I like the fan corners a lot, and would like to see a similar design worked all the way around. It seems as if the pattern would lend itself (in that form) to some nice color changes.

Just thinking out loud here, hoping that any feedback will be okay or helpful to you. Believe me, it's not criticism in any form--I wouldn't presume!

Breathtaking as always!!!!! You are AMAZING!!!! I only wish I was not leaving for the south soon, or I would be begging to test!!

Kathy,

You amaze me.:nworthy I have been wanting to try and design doilies :eek but I am intimdated by what I see on here.:scared I think I will just sit back and beg to test the newest items from the talented designers here on the Ville:elle

Uh, Kathy, do you sleep? or just design?

:lol

I like it turned on point better too. Very pretty! I love these intricate, classic designs you've been doing lately.

I'm also with Krakovianka in that I'd love to have your patterns done in symbols. Actually, I'm almost a big a fan of the symbol illustrations as I am of the crochet object itself. LOL

:lol

I like it turned on point better too. Very pretty! I love these intricate, classic designs you've been doing lately.

I'm also with Krakovianka in that I'd love to have your patterns done in symbols. Actually, I'm almost a big a fan of the symbol illustrations as I am of the crochet object itself. LOL

I tried playing with symbol Crochet with this one and there are just some stitches it doesn't cover that I used. I did try though. I wish I knew of a good program that would do the trick for me. I will try again on a simpler design with the symbol crochet.

What can I say that s not been said already? It is gorgeous :manyheart I love square patterns, and I haven't seen many.... And I must ask .... do you sleep ? I think it s a big question on the thread :lol :lol I will never get tired of looking or working on your designs :) If you need someone...

Kathy, sometimes patterns that I do have a stitch that cannot be graphed with the usual symbols. In that case, the pattern often has a unique little symbol for that stitch, and the directions for how to do it are written out to the side. Not sure if that would have worked for you in this case, but that is something I've seen done.

And remember...if you ever have a symbol pattern, I want to be first in line to test! I'd even use written instructions to make your designs, but don't feel comfortable with the responsibility of testing them when I have such an aversion to them. I can do it if I have to...I used written instructions for the painted doily CAL...but it just makes me appreciate my graphs all the more!

You've got great designs. Remember I said I was working on a square? I'll post a pic in a few days (too busy right now to download from the camera)--you'll be amazed at how similar it actually is to your design (minus the fancy stitches). It's not identical, of course, but the concept is similar. When I picked it up to work on it after looking at your new design, it hit me...HEY! This looks familiar... (Much smaller, though--about 10 inches across in size 10 thread.)

I looked once for a symbol crochet program on the net and didn't find much. I don't know how the publishers do it...either by hand or using some fancy program.

Anyway, I'm right behind Krakovianka to test a symbol pattern! :)

I looked once for a symbol crochet program on the net and didn't find much. I don't know how the publishers do it...either by hand or using some fancy program.

Anyway, I'm right behind Krakovianka to test a symbol pattern! :)

My dh think they use CAD...some kind of architectural program...not easy to learn or use. I know I've seen some that were probably hand-drawn, very painstakingly. Since "meeting" Kathy and thinking about the whole written pattern/symbol pattern issue faced by a real designer, I appreciate my symbol patterns even more.

Can you imagine a Bruges lace pattern in written instructions????? :faint

:eek :eek :eek

I was thrilled that Amazing Lace was done in symbol crochet. I did the big round tea shawl using only the symbol diagram. It was so easy! I've never tried Bruges Lace, but looking at the pix, omg, written directions would probably make me run screaming from my thread. :lol

Kathy, just because I'm nosy, have you ever submitted to any of the publishers who use symbol crochet? Your recent stuff is so amazing that I'd buy a book done in symbols just to look at the pix. :lol

I was thrilled that Amazing Lace was done in symbol crochet. I did the big round tea shawl using only the symbol diagram. It was so easy! I've never tried Bruges Lace, but looking at the pix, omg, written directions would probably make me run screaming from my thread. :lol

Kathy, just because I'm nosy, have you ever submitted to any of the publishers who use symbol crochet? Your recent stuff is so amazing that I'd buy a book done in symbols just to look at the pix. :lol

Tell me who is using symbol crochet and is doing doilies and I will submit to them.

I have always enjoyed making doilies out of the magic crochet magazines when they were around. I understand them, just finding a viable program is tough. I can do the very basic stitchs with symbol crochet but like a sc in the front or back loop does not exist in that program. and sometimes its an intregral part of the pattern. Now they have front loop dc and back lp dc but not a single crochet. Go figure......

Archived