When you purchase a pattern...

When purchasing a pattern...  

109 members have voted

1. 1. When purchasing a pattern...

• Do you like multiple size options?
    • Would you prefer just the size you need at the time?

:thinkI'm wondering...would you rather purchase a pattern that allows you to crochet the item in multiple sizes or would you rather purchase a less expensive pattern in just the size you need? Thanks for your input!

I like multiple sizes as well, because with crochet/knitting patterns especially, I don't always wear the same size from designer to designer. Or I may find that I want to make a different size depending on the designer's idea of the fit/ease of the garment and what I am more comfortable wearing.

I like patterns with multiple sizing too. I think you get more uses out of a pattern that has more than one size to it....especially if you want to make the item for more than one person.

Being of the 'fluffy' build and short community, multiple sizing on a pattern is a blessing! And like others have said, one person's idea of a Large is another's small. (I've had this work both for and against me...)

What I really like with clothing patterns though, is a diagram of the pieces. I mean a 'technical' drawing of the final dimensions, so then I have a much better idea of which size to start on.

Definitely, multiple sizes.

What I really like with clothing patterns though, is a diagram of the pieces. I mean a 'technical' drawing of the final dimensions, so then I have a much better idea of which size to start on.

I agree totally with this. I am tall, and often need to increase the length... with a diagram, I can see, accurately, how long something will be.

Joan

I agree with those who favor multiple sizes.... I am built such as that I am not "standard" size in any two dimensions....bust/hips/ waist/

I also prefer that there is a diagram or schematic/

I'm going to go against the crowd - if buying the pattern in individual size (clearly marked as large - bust=x",waist=xx", etc., so I know WHICH size to buy) gives me more size options and I get to buy a less expensive pattern, I'd go that way.

I'm never, ever going to need a small or medium pattern (at least not until my daughter is a teenager, and then I doubt we'll be sharing many patterns, lol!).

At most, I need L/XL/XXL combos.

My bust is XXL, my waist is L, my hips are XL, so using the measurements for those three, I'm able to tweak most patterns.

But if I can get more patterns for less $$$ by having fewer size options, I'm all for that.

I like mulitple sizes as well. Not only for the same reasons mentioned by others but also because its like sewing patterns. I might use one size for one area but another size for something else for a better fit.

I like multiple sizes because I don't always know who I will be making an item for at the time I purchase the pattern. Plus I might like the item enough to make it for other people.

My thoughts exactly!!! :yes

Archived