Crochet Hooks being kept behind counter

luckybmr

I stopped in a local craft store Pat Catan's (like JoAnn's or Michael's) and was looking to see if they had the new Clover Reflections crochet hooks. Well, all the hanging hooks were empty except for a card that you take up to the counter to get the hook you wanted. All the Clover Bamboo and Clover Soft Touch were like this. Crystalites, plastic and other bamboo hooks were still on the hooks. They must have had some big time theft of crochet hooks. Either that or the price of crochet hooks is going to go way up. :eek

How low are people? Do they actually steal hooks? But then again, I have seen empty packs hanging at Hobby Lobby.:( It just makes me sad.

:manyheart

???? How can they sell ANY yarn without the prospective buyer being seduced by feeling the yarn????

this is a very picky owner at a LYS here, and while she doesnt keep it all i nthe bags she slapped someones hand for excessively touching yarn in the shop. talk about crazy person!

this is a very picky owner at a LYS here, and while she doesnt keep it all i nthe bags she slapped someones hand for excessively touching yarn in the shop. talk about crazy person!

I would not shop there. Does she know slapping people is probably against the law? And not a good business practice? She probably drives people away with being so picky.

I checked out the Clover Reflections hooks and they look amazing. I'll probably order some soon. But with prices of over $20 per set, I can see why the stores have them behind the counter. They probably do slip very well into a pocket in the case they are in. :(

One of the clerks at Walmart said that they catch people stealing yarn. Not full skeins, but the thieves actually pull out the yarn from the skein and cut it off and stick it in their purses. Can you imagine???

So if your skein is short by several yards, that's why. Ack!!

One of the clerks at Walmart said that they catch people stealing yarn. Not full skeins, but the thieves actually pull out the yarn from the skein and cut it off and stick it in their purses. Can you imagine???

So if your skein is short by several yards, that's why. Ack!!

Scraplifting!!!! What a crafty thief!

seriously thought, what a shame.

Scraplifting!!!! What a crafty thief!

seriously thought, what a shame.

Actually, they are probably trying to match a color and being cheap about it. Just buy a skein! But those are the same people who use part of a skein and return it. Both acts make me crazy.

People buy skeins to use and return the rest??? I never take skeins that look like they've been messed with....the return desk will have to have a scale to weigh all the yarns people want to return to make sure it's all there, lol.

Archived