^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

Kitty

How bout keepin a jar of them pickles set aside for your old pal Bill ?

I'll stop by and pick em up next time I'm comin that direction.

I have a skunk-pelt that I thought Festus might want.

Would that be an even trade ?

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mornin all you cowpokes out there ,

Ya must all be a bunch of sleepyheads this mornin . I already have the fire stoked, fatback cookin and a pot of coffee on the fire.

I was hopin one of you others would try yer hand at the biscuits. I aint real good at them .

Anyhow, I hope ya'll have settled on some colors by now and aint havin too hard a time of it.

Sounds like a couple of ya'll were gittin stuck on that there coat. Wish I woulda been able to help ya out a little more, but it's all I can do to put a blanket together -- one continual square, ya know?

I think ya'll got it figgered out on yer own, so if any of you need help, call out .

Once ya wake up, come on in and set a spell. I always do like a good talk in the morning.

Gits the old noggin started for another day .

I'll talk bout pert near anything, so bring it on . Yer horse , yer boots, or yer girl back at home . I can understand if you miss her . Jist don't git too persnal .

Never did like tellin folks things along that line ,but anything else, I'm game for .

Wale I have to git goin soon to drop off my little ruffian at the schoolhouse. Then I have only the one left to help me with my horse. I am gonna git my yarn out today and git started on this here blanket. I'm figurin that jacket there would be a little difficult for me to wrap my head around so I'm gonna stick with this here blanket.

Well, Ah might's well put in mah two cents worth on this here issue. Ah'm usin the 10 - 12 pattern with 2 extry stitches on each side o' tha back an 1 extry stitch on each side o' the two fronts. Ah figured out that ya got ter have an off number o' stitches in order for the diamonds ter come out with points. Ah had ter play a bit with the beginnin' but if'n ya do a join an' a sc in the first sc it comes out right. Ah did do a mite o' a miscount on that there first row and had ter sneak an extry stitch in the last diamond ter make it come out right, but it don't show so tha's okay. Ah wrap that tail at the beginnin' right around ta the back and jest crochet over it 'til it's gone. When Ah'm gettin' near tha end o' tha row, Ah take tha tail from the las' row an' lay it on top o' the stitches an' just crochet over it an' it's hid. Takes a bit a gettin' used ter, but it do work.

Ah have a bit o' a problum with mah colors. That there cornmeal done sticks out like a bee sting on tha end er yer nose. It jus' don' go tha other colors a tall. Ah've done tried half a dozen colors a tryin' ter come up with sumthin' that'll work. Think Ah got er down two, but Ah just cain't make up mah mind which ter use. Got ter think on this sum more. Maybe mah sidekicks, Orrin er Tyrel can hep me out. Ah'll let ya know when Ah decide.

Linda you got the talking down pat. I have been reading your post here just to talk like a cowboy. Well done.

Mornin' all (Evenin' Wendy)

I only got 10 rows done on this here blanket yesterdy, up to 29 all together so fer. Don't know if'n I can get 'er done by Thursdy, but I'm a go'n try. I shore cain't wait to see some photygraphs of y'all's work, 'specially those jackets.

Mornin Trigger, Doc, Ned and Slim

Good to see ya rollin outta them there sacks. Time to get up and atem .Time's a wastin .

This here's a tintype of what i have done so fur .

th_100_3026.jpg

It's quite a piece biger'n that, just folded er up so you could see the colors .

And Slim- good luck, here's wishin you success on gittin that thing finished up fer the other half .

Well, Ah'm awake, but mah hoss ain't, so cain't do much with tha cattle yet.

Ah might have ta shot that darn cat o' mine. He's such an ornry old coot. Ah was workin' on tha jacket yestiday an he made a pure pest o hisself. Mah purple is wound up in a big ol' ball. He decided to set on tha durn thing. Put his back legs and big ol' butt behind in, his front legs in front o' it, an flopped his big ol' stomach on top o' it. Then ever time Ah pulled some yarn off o' it, he'd bite at tha yarn. Dang cat. That were durn frustratin'. Ta make matters worse, he's tha worst mouser in tha whole territory. He did catch one once, but didn't kill the durn thing, just played with it an' then let it go! Guess he'd starve to death if Ah didn't feed him from mah plate. Not a bit like his maw, who was tha best mouser in seven counties.

Ya'll have a good day now.

Mah biscuits ain't too bad, but with mah hoss asleep Ah'd never make it on foot.

Wendy gal, mah good talkin' is tha result o' watchin' way too many westerns on that there movin' pitcher box.

Hey Ned

Yea, it may be a little hard to see the front loop at first -- set yerself by a light so you can see the stitches.. once you get that first row "set", the rest is more or less just following the same pattern over and over, so it'll be a breeze once you get there .

Tell - I do believe you were a cowpoke in a former life. You are real good at this .

Wendy gal, that's why Ah didn't use any real dark colors in mah bunch. Too dang hard ta see what Ah'm doin'. Ah sure don't want ta wear them specs tha doc keeps talkin' 'bout. Ah'd lose 'em sure. Good luck luck. Ah think ya might be all right if'n ya can get past row 6. Thar ain't sa much o' the black after them first rows. Have yerself a good night.

Okey Dokey's cowboys and cowgirls. I've FINALLY figured out my problem. The pattern is written correctly I guess you could say, but really it isn't. Does that make sense? I figured not.

Where I was messing up was at the END! For anybody that interested, here's whats going on:

All the rows starting at Row 7 is making a 'half' diamond at the begging and then at the end. So for example when Row 7 says to end at 3 SC's, in order to do that you would complete from * to * all the way to the end but you would really end with 17 SC and 1 DC and THEN 3 SC's. You dont complete the full * to * directions. This is because at the end your only creating a 'half' diamond and not the full.

Wyatt

After reading your other posts, I looked at the pattern and figured it out right away...but I couldn't put it into words! You did perfectly! Good job! I've done other patterns that are worded that way too..that's how I knew what it meant! Now I can sleep knowing that you got it figured out!

Julie...that is lookin right mighty purdy!

Mountain Charley

Wyatt - glad you have it working for you.

Wild Bill - Love those colors. Really like this here pattern, might make a saddlebag too.

First tho' gots ta get some learnin done....

Ya might have somethin' thar, Wild Bill. Mebbe it's them thar jeans thingies. Mah allas did say Ah was a lot like mah great-great-great aunt Lizzy who went West with a wagon train. She done a lot o' walkin' tho after they caught her sneakin' bites out o' the brown sugar. Her teeth war crooked ya see, an' she left her teeth marks in the block o' sugar, so it weren't hard ta figger out who done it. :blush (Names changed to perteckt the innercent, but tha stories true.)

Yer colors shore is beeyouteeful, Wild Bill. Gonna have yerself a right smart lookin' blanket there.:clap

good morning! after reading all the post,I'll give this pattern another try.I messed up twice-plan to use the lighter colors and carefully count my stitches.

Julie-yours is really pretty!

Slim,how is yours coming along?do you think you'll be able to get it done in time for your dh birthday?

I'm not real good cowboy talk-but I really am going out west with my dh next week for a week long road trip!

time for coffee hot off the camp fire,then trigger and I will go off for ride to the lake for a swim.Roy is gone fishin!!! Dale E.

Archived