New Bag

JCB

I am At Chain Link in Manchester, NH. When I registered I received a 'Goodie Bag' which consisted of several skeins of yarn and patterns. One of the Yarns was Moda Dea Shadows. I was curious how it would work up and by the end of the day I had this bag! No real pattern, just made a large rectangle, sewed up 2 seams, added the ruffle and a handle. Here it is:OliveBagW.jpg

JOAN

Your bag turned out nicely. I am jealous that you got to the CGOA convention. I went last year and had such a fantastic experience. This year is didn't work out because of my sister's big birthday bash...but next year I'm going to try again. Be sure to post about your experience. I'd like to know how it went.

Thanks so much for all your kind comments. I'm still up in Manchester (decided to stay one extra day) and while we have free wi-fi at the hotel, it can be dicey and throw me off for no reason.

I traded some of the yarn in our 'Goodie Bags' with Gleda, and got another ball of that pretty Moda Dea yarn... this one in a pale pink to gray colorway. So... sat down and made another one skein bag... same style as this one. I'll post a picture of it when I get home.

As far as the handle, I took about 6 strands of the yarn, put one side around the door handle in the hotel room, stuck a crochet hook into the other end, and just twisted and twisted until it was tight enough to twist back on itself. I had to do it a couple of times till I figured out how much to twist it. Really easy!

Joan

Just to show you how a simple purse can be dressed up with nice ruffle and pretty handle. I'm not sure if the handle is braided or did you twist several strands of yarn to get that look?

• 1 month later...

Archived