What a groovey idea!

So, I'm a big fan of craftster and since living in California...everything is about the environment! Well, I was surfing Craftster today and found this (linked below). Someone made a swiffer cover...:clap It's knitted..but could be very easily crocheted! Guess what my next crochet project is? lol I get tired of buying replacement pads for the darn thing!

Check it out!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=165049.0

Donna

I have made 3 covers for my Swiffer and they work great! We have a dog and 2 cats INSIDE, and so we have lots of fur! The crocheted covers work better than the Swiffer pads. I just washed one of the covers and it came out of the washer just like new!

Don Aslet sells a similar item. MIL buys us the Don Aslet brand of cleaning stuff. It has a mop similar to the swifter that has a washable/reusable pad. I love being able to toss it in the washer.

Crocheting one is a great idea (and cheaper than Don Aslet)!

WOW! That is definately a "why didn't I think of that" idea!!!! I can't wait to do a little stash busting at some point and make a few - do you think it will matter if I used WW or cotton??? I pay a MINT for the pretreated ones for wood floors and this would save so much money!

WOW! That is definately a "why didn't I think of that" idea!!!! I can't wait to do a little stash busting at some point and make a few - do you think it will matter if I used WW or cotton??? I pay a MINT for the pretreated ones for wood floors and this would save so much money!

I was reading a pattern and one suggested ww COTTON because the acrylic will leave fuzzies... :think I thought cotton would leave fuzzies. I only use acrylic so I don't know what cotton is like.

That really is a great idea! I love the swiffers but I don't like using disposable things. It's so wasteful. This solves that problem! Thanks for the link! I just received 4 cones of ecru peaches n cream yarn. Perfect timing...

I like it! I'll have to make one. I think if you work in back loops only, you get a ridged cloth. That might get up more pet hair/dust. When I was out of pads, I used a dust cloth (T shirt). I could have invented the sewn one.

Ellie 13

I was looking at some squiggly-wigglies (in the CAL thread) and thought a rectangle squiggly-wiggly wtih sc sides to wrap around might make a great Swiffer pad. It would be like the "improved" ridged pads.

Ellie 13

Archived