Summer Tank; Here we go again!

harmonise

I also made the LSC Summer Top. I used Bernat Handicrafter Twists in Country Twists color. I did need to decrease the size for my 6yo dd and I used an H hook. I think the sizing came out pretty well horizontally but I should have dropped two rows in the armhole shaping, they're a little low-cut and "gappy". I didn't do the armhole finishing because I thought the straps would be too wide. I might try doing it for just the bottom part to "lift" it up a bit, it could be a tad revealing if she stretches it anymore! kids just don't understand the delicate nature of a hand made garment :shrug. She loves it though as you can see from the pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/harmonise/Crochet/photo#5085236916774460834

http://picasaweb.google.com/harmonise/Crochet/photo#5085236925364395442

a%3Ephoto#5085236925364395442

What a cute top!! It's so nice to see a smile on somebody that has just received something that was made from the "heart"!! Great job!! The model is "simply adorable"!!:)

lovely top! gorgeous girl too :) i like the colour of the yarn too

Thanks so much for the encouraging words everyone. I haven't done many wearables besides hats and mittens...well two really, this one and a dress i designed and made dd last summer. Sydney definitely likes her clothes :clap and she just couldn't wait for this one to be done....i now have orders for matching ones to fit her twin bears ;)

Great job, it looks nice and cool. :cheer Your ideas have also helped me learn how patterns can be adjusted. I've always been afraid I'd mess up a pattern by making alterations, but your suggestions seem simple enough that I think I won't be afraid to do this in the future, esp. since I am actually starting to understand how. Thanks for sharing everything!

Archived