RR how do you use them?

So tell me all how do you use your round ripple or what do you use it for.

I love them and think they are great, but find they are an odd shape for throwing over your lap or putting at the end of the bed or wrapping a baby in, so just wondering what you all do with them and how you use them.

Good question! I'll love to know too since I think it looks great and will love to make one but can't figure out what I'll use it for. I've limited space in my flat so I try to only start projects that I've a use for. :)

:cheer I use one as a knee rug when I dont want to turn the heater on and have given them to new babies to use as a shawl or on the floor to lay on.

I have a beautiful, round, Handknitted shawl, which my mum made for my daughter when she was born 44 years ago.

Its shape was never a problem.

It was used by all of my 4 babies, my sisters 2 babies and then more recently, my daughter used it for her 2 little girls. I now have it back for safe keeping.

Round Ripples also look nice on the end of the bed, thrown over a chair or just sitting looking pretty.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

If you make them large enough they are perfect for baby to lay on on the floor. We always had our boys on blankets when they were on the floor because of the cat, we vacumed everyday but we still worried about the cat hair.

I plan on making some smaller round ripples to go over the arms of my couch and rocking chairs, not only do they look nice, but keeps the couch arms clean too. Oh, and I'm going to make some for over the back of the couch.

I just love those round ripples.

They, actually wrap up a baby really well, just fold the point up to wards baby and roll sides in just like any blanket.

I like them on the back of a couch. the stars really show nice.

I also made one in thread and use it on a table.

They are Just pretty!!!!

I'm new to these RR!! I have about 3 going right know. I'm making mine for the backs of my "circular couch". I also put one on the back of my long couch in my family room, and it looks quite good on there also!!

Elvee: Very good way to explain how to wrap a baby in the RR!!:c9

Crochet Dad: Love the color combo!!:yay

I agree with CrochetDad....they look great over the backs of sofas or on top of a double bed!

We wrap our baby up like a burrito!:lol

and I think I am going to try this.........

I made one in thread, and use it to cover a small table.

We wrap our baby up like a burrito!

Lorry

This is exactly right. It's perfect to wrap a baby in. In fact, in the Book called "Crochet for Babies" the author calls her pattern "Baby Burrito Blanket". You fold up the bottom to their waist, and then wrap each side over the baby.

Don't quite know how adults would wrap up in a round one. :lol

But for babies, it's great. I had a nice yellow round one when my daughter was born and it was great.

:manyheart

I plan on making some smaller round ripples to go over the arms of my couch and rocking chairs, not only do they look nice, but keeps the couch arms clean too. Oh, and I'm going to make some for over the back of the couch.

I just love those round ripples.

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!! Adding chair/couch arms to my to do list!

Archived