Granny purse

kusine

I was sending a parcel to a friend across the country and realized that I had nothing in it for her, just presents for her dog! So I quickly whipped up a bag for her.

wormiepurse.jpg

It's a granny square from 200 Crochet Blocks - I can't remember which one at the moment. The center is leftover Paton's Divine in orangina, and the outer part is just ivory (or cream. I can't remember :) ) Sugar & Cream. It's lined with plain canvas - I didn't want to distract from the orange. It's about 11" wide by 12" high. I would have preferred to make the strap a little longer, but I was starting to run out of yarn! :)

You are so thoughtful! I like that purse. How did you do plastic canvas on the inside? :think Instead of lining it with fabric? That would make it stiffer, though. Nice job. I'm sure she will like it. :clap

Tina

timelesscreations.blogspot.com

You are so thoughtful! I like that purse. How did you do plastic canvas on the inside? :think Instead of lining it with fabric? That would make it stiffer, though.

It's just plain cotton canvas, not plastic canvas. :)

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

I went back and looked at the book, and it was block #42. It's made with three or four colors in the book, but I just used the two.

Thanks again!

I just heard from my friend, who got the purse, and she said "I love it, love it, love it!" :)

It's always nice to hear that someone likes what you made for them! Thanks again for all the compliments. :)

Archived