Almost a Nemo Purse

CroJulee

Fish100_3200.jpg( sorry the pic isn't any better. The camera I was using isn't the best.)

Here is a pic of a purse I crocheted yesterday. It was sooooo FUN. I'm already started on my second one and almost finished. I got the pattern out of an old Annies Crochet NewsLetter, Sept-Oct. 1989 No. 41 just in case some one is interested in making it. I got a whole bunch of these old newsletters and other small crochet magazines for 0.10 a piece at a local second chance thrift store ( all the money goes to help people find homes for homeless doggies). Any who, Thanks for looking.

Julee

P.S. I guess this little Guy isn't quite Nemo because he's missing a stripe I think, but, maybe he's a relative. lol

What a fun purse to have. It should attract a lot of attention. :D

I think so. I actually made it for a girl who saw the pattern and the pic and absolutely loved it and asked me if I'd make her one (she offered to pay, which would have been alright legal wise, but, I love giving some things away if I know someone will really appreciate it).

Anywho, thanks.

Julee

Thanks Ya'll, like I said, this was a fun one. I can't wait to make more in other colors. Hmm, maybe ya'll could help me with that. I'm not very good with putting colors together soooooo......what colors do ya'll think the little fishy would look good in?

Thanks !!!

Julee

I love it! Maybe the pattern is available on e-bay. Gonna go check it out. For colors, how about purple/pink or blue/green? Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks everybody, and thanks for the suggestions for colors.

I wonder how a fish purse would look in redheart mexicana. Might look kinda interesting. A little wild too. Hmmm, I'll have to try that.

Thanks again.

I'm glad ya'll like it.

I think he would look neat in blue and green. How big is the purse? How long and how wide? I love it and want to make one too. Thanks for sharing the pic.

From tail to mouth 8 1/2". The width is 4 3/4" if you measure the fish in the widest spot. The opening is about 3 1/2" wide.

I could just picture this purse in blue and green. PRETTY.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm so happy, I have the whole weekend to crochet. My new jobs been kinda wearing me out lately, so I haven't crocheted much, but, I'm fitting it in now, and getting inspired. That's huge for me....Inspiration.

Thanks again

Julee

I think he would look neat in blue and green. How big is the purse? How long and how wide? I love it and want to make one too. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Archived