I can't decide, please help! I need more help! Big problem!

newthingcrochet

Question

So, I am about 2/3 of the way done with this and had to start on a new ball of thread and it is a little different! I bought these at the same time and didn't check the numbers. This is Aunt Lydia's size 10 thread, doesn't have a number, just a date. Here's the pic, which actually does show the difference pretty well. I wouldn't say it's any different than shows in the picture. It's the 2 motifs on the very left.

th_P1010160.jpg

So, I figure I have 3 options,

1 Just keep on going

2 Frog the whole thing and start over.

3 Take it apart and put the motif's back together, alternating the darker and lighter pink. I can do this because the motif's are joined on the last row of pink which is a row of sc so not that much work. Since I am 2/3 of the way done though, I will have to frog 10 motif's down to the flower if I want half and half each shade of pink.

I am leaning towards option 1, but what do you think? Is the difference that much? Oh, I will add, I do not have the label from the first ball so I have no way of getting any new thread that might match it.

I am designing a dress for my DD and using some thread that was my grandma's. However, I don't really have a lot so came up with idea to use it as a little flower in a motif. Here's the 2 motifs I came up with. I can't decide which to use. If I use motif A, I don't think I will have to line it, B I probably will have to line it. I was thinking lining it in white to show the colors off better. I think motif B is prettier but am concerned about the way it will hang as the skirt of a dress since it is bigger than motif B, and joined only on 2 points at each side. I am not really happy about the way I joined motif A. I just slip stitched them together but I feel like it makes too thick of a seam so I will probably have to sew them together where motif B can be joined as I go. So, what are your thoughts on all of this. Also would like to know of better ways to join motif A if I go with that. I did one of each in white as well, that is picture C. I like the pink though, and it is softer, so I'm pretty sure I will go with that but would welcome thoughts on the white vs. pink thing too. My concern that the pink might be too, well TOO!

A

th_P1010075.jpg

B

th_P1010072.jpg

C

th_P1010077.jpg

i really like b.. you could use the orange, white and pink, make different combinations... would be so pretty. :)

i joined my afghan with sc, but it makes a slight ridge... i would just sew them toether...

i really like b.. you could use the orange, white and pink, make different combinations... would be so pretty. :)

i joined my afghan with sc, but it makes a slight ridge... i would just sew them together...

I guess it depends on how bothered you are going to be if you see that it's different every time you look at the dress. YOU will know it's different, and others might see it, so will YOU be happy with it?

If it's not a big deal to make it look planned, I would probably go ahead and do it that way. Since it's got sentimental value, I personally would make sure it's the best that it could be, dye lots or not.

Sorry, that is my opinion. I know it would aggravate me every time I looked at something like that, so I would wind up setting it aside for a few days until I got the guts to rip it all out and rearrange it, then dive right back in.

:(:hug

I like B the best. It would be cool if you mixed and matched the colors, but I love colorful blankets, well colorful everything and the contrast between them, so I may be a little bias. As for joining the two in motif A, you could just the back loops only and slip stitch it that way, it makes it lie flatter.

Jennifer

I like B the best. It would be cool if you mixed and matched the colors, but I love colorful blankets, well colorful everything and the contrast between them, so I may be a little bias. As for joining the two in motif A, you could just the back loops only and slip stitch it that way, it makes it lie flatter.

Jennifer

I am going to be using 4 different colors for the flower centers, I just don't have enough of those colors to use on the outsides since it is small balls of vintage thread I got from my grandma before she died.

Archived