I can't decide, please help! I need more help! Big problem!

newthingcrochet

Question

So, I am about 2/3 of the way done with this and had to start on a new ball of thread and it is a little different! I bought these at the same time and didn't check the numbers. This is Aunt Lydia's size 10 thread, doesn't have a number, just a date. Here's the pic, which actually does show the difference pretty well. I wouldn't say it's any different than shows in the picture. It's the 2 motifs on the very left.

th_P1010160.jpg

So, I figure I have 3 options,

1 Just keep on going

2 Frog the whole thing and start over.

3 Take it apart and put the motif's back together, alternating the darker and lighter pink. I can do this because the motif's are joined on the last row of pink which is a row of sc so not that much work. Since I am 2/3 of the way done though, I will have to frog 10 motif's down to the flower if I want half and half each shade of pink.

I am leaning towards option 1, but what do you think? Is the difference that much? Oh, I will add, I do not have the label from the first ball so I have no way of getting any new thread that might match it.

I am designing a dress for my DD and using some thread that was my grandma's. However, I don't really have a lot so came up with idea to use it as a little flower in a motif. Here's the 2 motifs I came up with. I can't decide which to use. If I use motif A, I don't think I will have to line it, B I probably will have to line it. I was thinking lining it in white to show the colors off better. I think motif B is prettier but am concerned about the way it will hang as the skirt of a dress since it is bigger than motif B, and joined only on 2 points at each side. I am not really happy about the way I joined motif A. I just slip stitched them together but I feel like it makes too thick of a seam so I will probably have to sew them together where motif B can be joined as I go. So, what are your thoughts on all of this. Also would like to know of better ways to join motif A if I go with that. I did one of each in white as well, that is picture C. I like the pink though, and it is softer, so I'm pretty sure I will go with that but would welcome thoughts on the white vs. pink thing too. My concern that the pink might be too, well TOO!

A

th_P1010075.jpg

B

th_P1010072.jpg

C

th_P1010077.jpg

I figured it out! But then I realized that I will have to make it longer than I was thinking so still have to do 132 motif's. But it gives me more the shape and style of dress I was looking for. So now I am making tons of little flowers. I'm sure I will be sick of little flowers before I'm done! I'll let you see when I'm done!

i like motif B, as for colour i like both but the white attracts me more, but I am a person who loves white anyway. plus i've never been too keen on pink/orange combos.

So, I think I'm going with B, in the pink. If I line it with white that should tone it down some. Now to figure out how to do it!!! At least I found some hexagon shaped graph paper but I'm trying to figure out another way to do it besides just a big flat hexagon, kind of like a circle skirt. If I do it that way I will have to make 150 motifs!:eek So I'm trying to figure out how to decrease in hexagons.:think

Archived