What are you donating to the Auction?

Drat, I had something I was toying about donating which is not chocolate, but chocolate-themed. I thought it could be pooled with other donations to make a basket.

It's true - no point in going to all the trouble of donating if it's just going to be a puddly gooey mess on a porch in Alabama! Bye bye, choccy!

~ Joy

Sorry, I wasnt planning on sending chocolate for the melt reason. Besides, I am sure their are lots other things I can send... how about sugared ants?? (lol)

I plan on donating a couple of my designed samples I made for patterns. It's a monkey afghan and matching monkey tote-diaper bag. They are a couple of my more popular patterns on my website. Because it is my design do I need to add written permission?

I also was thinking of a couple of $25 dollar certificates for patterns at my wesite. If they only get a dollar bid that's a dollar more for Crochetville!

I just discovered this idea... I don't read much outside of Crochet Alongs and Crochet Help.

I am wondering if I could donate the clothing I have made for the 18 inch dolls. The items for Dora are going to a little (2nd) cousin so they have a home but the 18 inch variety are just sitting here.

so what exactly do we do? How does this work?

Answering in words of one syllable might be good today... My brain is on vacation again.

I plan on donating a couple of my designed samples I made for patterns. It's a monkey afghan and matching monkey tote-diaper bag. They are a couple of my more popular patterns on my website. Because it is my design do I need to add written permission?

I also was thinking of a couple of $25 dollar certificates for patterns at my wesite. If they only get a dollar bid that's a dollar more for Crochetville!

Wow, what a great donation! No written permission needed if it's your own design. But please do provide me with a link to the patterns on your website, and we can include those in the auction listing.

I just discovered this idea... I don't read much outside of Crochet Alongs and Crochet Help.

I am wondering if I could donate the clothing I have made for the 18 inch dolls. The items for Dora are going to a little (2nd) cousin so they have a home but the 18 inch variety are just sitting here.

so what exactly do we do? How does this work?

Answering in words of one syllable might be good today... My brain is on vacation again.

Darski, as long as the items were made from your own pattern designs, then the answer is of course you can donate them!

If you made them from another person's patterns, you'll have to find out if that person gives permission for items made from their patterns to be sold. (Or if they'll allow it on a special one-time basis for our auction.) If it's another person's pattern, I'll need that person (or company) to email me directly with their written permission for us to auction off items made from their pattern.

I am only talking about the clothing that I have designed for the 18 inch variety dolls. In fact, I try not to look at other people's work so that I am not "overly Influenced". :devil

These would be the outfits that I have posted here with patterns. Now I have to finish that other Hockey sock!!! :rofl

I can put together a Zip with all the pics. (much easier than scouring pages and pages in "original Patterns")

Although I haven't received an address to mail to, I hope to send some European pattern books with diagrammed thread designs. I pm'd Amy for the address, and sort of figured she was waiting till closer to the "mail out" deadlines. Has anyone else received the address? If so, I'll ask again.

Although I haven't received an address to mail to, I hope to send some European pattern books with diagrammed thread designs. I pm'd Amy for the address, and sort of figured she was waiting till closer to the "mail out" deadlines. Has anyone else received the address? If so, I'll ask again.

She's waiting until closer to the deadline.

I had better start thinking!!! :think

I am a decorative painter, so that will be my contribution. You all have enough crochet stuff!!!!! Which, will be better than I can do so I will bid on your crochet items.

Now.....what to make?? :think

mm I have a few things together. Any suggestions on what people might be interested in from this part of the world?

I'll take a pair of those rainbow lorikeets!:c9:lol

I've got 3 of the old out of print Elizabeth Huddleson doiley books--do you think anyone might be intrested in those??

Yes! Plenty of doiley artists here on the Ville, and if they're out of print, that means they're harder to find.

Yes! Plenty of doiley artists here on the Ville, and if they're out of print, that means they're harder to find.

Cool then I will send them---I'll keep searching --I've got tons of pattern books!! I love the 'ville so I want to help all I can! :hug :hug

Archived