Hi, Everybody!

Carol

Hi, Everybody.

Just joined the forum. I'm 54, a self-employed writer and editor, married, two grown children (one about to be married), and I've been crocheting since my mother taught me when I was about 7. For most of my life, I have had a WIP. I make everything from traditional thread doilies to chenille purses decorated with fur and buttons. Right now I'm making a baby blanket (Lion Brand polka dot blanket) for a young friend, plus I've started a lace wedding garter for my daughter. I have another shawl in the planning stages. (I've been amassing yarn for it for a few months now.)

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum; there seems to be a lot of conversation, and everyone seems very excited about crochet. I hope to make some crochet friends, perhaps even find some Chicago-area crocheters to meet up with (a local knitting group invited me, but it just wasn't the same, not that I have anything against knitting or knitters!), and finally bask in the glory of being able to talk crochet with women who understand the craft and the attraction.

Carol

hi :welcome :welcome :welcome:flower you are goint to love it here. always nice to have new people joining us. this is THE place to be to talk about crochet!!!(and lots of other things LOL) anyways glad your here,:hook vicki

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I've been a member for a few days now, and I really fight the urge to come here during the day. (I work in front of the computer all day, and if I click on Crochetville, an hour goes by before I even realize it.) I've spent a lot of time looking at your projects, downloading your patterns, etc. You women are so talented. I am in awe. Thanks again.

Carol

:welcomeCarol! It can be addicting here! I currently am at work :blush and I of course checked to see whats going on...in my own defense it is almost 8 at night and I am just waiting for reports to finish so I can send and go home....where I am sure that I will plug my laptop in and come back on-line again! :D

What part of Chicago area? I will probably be moving back to Arlington Heights / Mount Prospect area before the year end......unless my company decides to chain me to the desk :compute so I can not leave like they threatened to do last time I made noises about moving back home!!

Cheers!

:welcomeCarol! :D

What part of Chicago area? I will probably be moving back to Arlington Heights / Mount Prospect area before the year end......unless my company decides to chain me to the desk :compute so I can not leave like they threatened to do last time I made noises about moving back home!!

Cheers!

Kimberly,

You're in Belgium?? How lovely! I live in Oak Park. Actually, I understand why you'd be hankering to come back to the Chicago area. DH and kids and I transferred across the country a number of years ago, spent two years there, and got back here as soon as we could. Speaking of DH, he has lived in both Arlington Heights and Mount Prospect, the latter for 15 years or so. CGOA used to meet regularly in Schaumburg or Mount P, as i recall... Or, you and I could always get a group going! Best to you, and here's hoping you can break those chains.

Carol

Archived