Hi

crosette

I'm not so new....I just never introduced myself...(rude)...and I haven't really posted much either. But I'm making a fresh start w/ the fresh board!!

Ok so anyway, I'm 22 years old, a f/t college student and p/t slacker (not really...well....maybe a little ;)).

I started crocheting ~1 1/2 years ago. I learned from my mom who's been crocheting for like 35 years. I've watched her crochet all my life and tried to do it a few times but would lose interest quickly. This time, though, it finally stuck :).

So...yea...I don't usually crochet blankets (too big and boring) but that's what my mom makes alot of (for babies mostly). Actually I'm working on a throw for one of my brothers right now....it's his bday present at his request. My favorite to crochet is stuff for the teen-type friend of family girls and for my nieces (not teen-type....younger).

So far I've made a bunch of ponchos, a shawl, a bunch of hats (mostly from Dots patterns [thanks Dot!]), some booties/hats for babies, scarves, a few purses and some other stuff that I probably don't remember right now. I don't keep anything I crochet...I give it all away. OH...except I made myself a cozy for my GameBoy Advance SP but my niece claimed it so I'm gonna have to give it up and make a new one for myself :).

I guess that's all I have to say except:

I LOVE CROCHET!! :manyheart

:welcome Welcome Crosette, We are glad you are here. The teen and pre teen stuff is fun to make isn't it? Although I'm not sure I agree with you about ponchos being for teens :) ...I have 2 grown/almost grown children and I am the one wearing the

ponchos ;)

Barbara

Barbara

Welcome to the group! How nice that you give everything away. Super generous of you! I used to do that but then I moved to Sydney and don't know anyone, so I make things for myself now! hee hee!

Bec

Archived