Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an update and a thank you.

First, I have finished joining the multitude of squares donated for the special project, I hope to be able to send to the recepient by the end of the week.edit ....with the man in the little brown truck will be delivered on Friday

Second, a special thank you to cluless for donating a gift card to buy yarn for joining and to those that donated extra squares. I did chose to create two afghans as the layout decided that for me. I hope to have pictures taken some time today and I pm those interested when I have them ready.

Thank you to everyone that made the special project a reality.

The special project was different from the "Hooking for a Cure" project so please continue making all the extra squares that you would like to for the extra cancer afghans that we have started.

I have not received a DC# from Jazziblu sending it forward but I am sure that she will update us. We all have issues that keep us from Crochetville sometimes. I just hope that all is well with her. Maybe it will get to Crochet-hen before we know it has been mailed. :hug

Ah now you guys have gone and made me get all mushy. Yes i received the "special project" today. I was coming into the house with painting supplies (Karol left for a week and, not knowing what a celebrity i am, left instructions to paint our bedroom). So I figured the box was another one of her catalog purchases and hardly noticed the shipping label, but then i saw the word Bonnie and of course i opened it like a little kid at Christmas. And what a beautiful pair of afgans!! And a little note that just melted me there in my tracks. Not only are these works of art beautiful, but they were made by such a bunch of friends... well they're just all the more special and they won't be used without a thought and a smile, thinking of the kind and generous hands that made them.

I'm honestly humbled and aw struck that you all think I have done anything so special. Nothing at all near all the work you guys have done for such a worthy cause.

But I got'em and i'm gonna keep'em!!

And I'm thanking you from so far down in my heart i can see my toenails from here.

Now these afgans will go up to the crick where they'll warm me and all the little Jimbos and Jimboettes that he can gather in his lap... or they'll keep me nice an cozy on those cherished days when i'm there alone and enjoying the quiet and a good book.

So I thank you, as do my toenails!

You are such special people.

Jimbo

Jimbo, it was an honor to contribute to the afghans for you and Karol and all your grandchildren, too. And I am so thrilled that we reached all the way to your toenails!:lol

We thank you for providing the Jimbo hook for us to use for this worthy project to further the research for cancer cures. You are just as much, if not more, a part of this project.

We all love you! :heart

:hug:manyheart

p.s. We also give a humongous thank you to Bonnie for her hard work in assembling all the squares into the two afghans.

yes and a fine job she did too. Now there's a candidate for Sainthood, eh? She's like that battery bunny... sept she keeps giving and giving and giving..

St Bonnie... i kinda like the sound of that.

She's like that battery bunny... sept she keeps giving and giving and giving..

St Bonnie... i kinda like the sound of that.

Yeah right. I was given an honor and I am thankful to everyone that contributed and keeps contributing to make this cause come to reality.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the hook is with Crochet_hen in Nebraska, she received it last Monday:manyheart and is almost ready to send it to KathyWho:cheer. Just a reminder, please send me a confirmation number when the hook is mailed, that way we all know that everything is alright. Please know that I am more concerned about an individual than how long you have the hook, if we don't hear from you we worry that you are not well. :hug

Kathy, be prepared for the experience of a lifetime, I love Jimbo's hooks and he has been so kind to do this for us.

I am so ready:yes :applause and will be:check ing my :mailbox soon. We are all so very fortunate to be able to experience and be a part of this project. Thanks Jimbo for this "special hook" and to you Bonnie for your organizational skills, crocheting skills and just good old people skills. :manyheart

:hug ,

KathyWho is on :c9

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone:

The hook arrived safely today...Tuesday:yes . Crochet_hen wrapped it up very nicely, tucked it in the special case and I was so very happy to see it in my :mailbox...:clap.

What a fine, smooth, sleek feel it has.....so off I go to try it out. :)

~~:manyheart~~

KathyWho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bump........getting excited that my name is getting closer to be the receiptant of the famous Jimbo hook

I was worried that it was going to interfer with me doing inventory :hook at work but knowing that inventory has past and my schedule is free is a great feeling :devil

Its not official yet, but i think there is going to be a article in our local newspaper that will include a little thing on the traveling hook. I'm hoping it will come out in the first part of December. If so i'll post a link or something.

You guys are doing so great with this project. Makes me PROUD to be hooked up with you!

Jimbo

Its not official yet, but i think there is going to be a article in our local newspaper that will include a little thing on the traveling hook. I'm hoping it will come out in the first part of December. If so i'll post a link or something.

You guys are doing so great with this project. Makes me PROUD to be hooked up with you!

Jimbo

WEll, if it happens, that's great news! Can use all the potential customers for the final product we can get. I've alerted my friends at the American Cancer Society to this and the blog and I may have one my friends spread the news to all their Relay for Life committees and other volunteers, etc.

Joyce

Archived