Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonnie, do you want squares made with Caron Simply Soft? It feels so different from the other yarns: RHSS, Bernat SV and I Love That Yarn! I still get an 8" square using the same patterns but the Caron SS squares are thinner and silkier. That's why I'm asking.

Will Caron SS squares work okay in a ghan with squares made with the other yarns? Or maybe you'll get enough Caron SS that you can make a whole ghan with them. That would be pretty!

I've been making a lot of Krystal's Eternity Squared pattern and I know others have used it, too. Maybe you'll get enough squares to make an Eternity Squared ghan, too!

I'm wondering how many ghans we'll end up with and just how much they'll go for in the auction. I bet it's gonna be a nice sum to go toward such worthy research.

HOOKING FOR A CURE!!!

I'm thrilled that my square is still making its rounds :lol (baad pun, I know...)

Yes, verrrrry baaaaaad pun.:D So, I'll keep the pun going cause that square definitely keeps me going round and round. Didn't you read my post in the Sky cal that when I'm in my "blue funk", I "turn round" to this square? I really love the pattern! Can't say it enough...I really love the pattern.

I'm thrilled that my square is still making its rounds :lol (baad pun, I know...)

Jeannie - I have SS squares mixed with regular ones, as long as they're the same size, *I* have never had a problem... but we'll let Bonnie be the final say.

Where can I find the pattern for this "magical" square?

Krystal, I love "Eternity Square" also. I have made several while wating for the hook.

Simply soft squares are alright, it would be great if we received enough to ame an entire afghan out of. It is most important that we have 8" squares. I won't refuse any.

I need to thank TXCrochetlover for the squares that arrived @ my daughters's home yesterday. I will be picking them on on Monday when I go there to visit.

link to Eternity Squared. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52389

Angelfire ~ Thank you for posting the link for this beautiful square! I can't wait to try it! Also...I remember seeing a list of the order that the hook will travel to but can't seem to locate it now. Can someone please direct me?
Deb, it's in the 2nd post. Looks like you're a couple ahead of me. Can't wait for the hook!:hook

sorry, I will post on the blog this weekend... school has been keeping me soo busy! I have 2 midterms and a project due tomorrow and I've only been sleeping about 4 hours every night for the past 2 weeks... but I'm excited to share my experience/story with everyone.

It is not a problem, I spent a great deal of time @ my daughter's house because she has breast cancer and I am going there on Monday because I am celebrating my birthday with her. I am glad that they arrived safely, and this way she was able to enjoys eeing them too.:c9

Edit/ I picked up the squares yesterday and they are safely with me now:c9

I've updated the blog with a picture of my squares and a post about them. Bonnie, could you send me your address? I think you've given it to me before but I can't find it anymore... I'm ready to send you my squares.

Ankey, I like your squares, thank you for updating the blog. I have sent you my address to send the squares to.

The hook is with Jazziblu and waiting to go to Crochet_hen. I look forward to more entries into the journal as the hook progresses around the country.

I know that some of us have squares in mind to make and can't wait to feel the smoothness of the hook as it glides through the yarn making our memories come alive. The hook has a warmth that comes with the love that we put into each stitch. :manyheart

Have all squares picked out and crocheted once so it will go faster when I get "The Hook." It will be soon and I am so looking forward to stitching with it.

Since this project has started my husband and I have seemed to meet so many people who are dealing with cancer in their lives. So I come home and plan another square.

Have A Good Stitchin' Weekend,

KathyWho:manyheart

I just wanted to put a brief update in here. I have e-mailed Jazziblu a couple times and I hope that she is not ill. Maybe we could all send her our best wishes that everything is alright. She has not posted anything on Crochetville since the day she received the hook and has not been here since October 2nd.

Jazziblu, here is some :hug hope that you aren't :sick:sneeze:fever:out .

I just wanted to say that I think what you are doing here is really beautiful... the stories have relaly moved me. I have lost loved ones as well so it moves my heart to see what you are doing to help raise money for a cure and raise awareness.:manyheart

Archived