Purses, purses, and more purses!

thelittlewriter

I love making purses. Especially felted purses. Here's what I've made so far.

th_purses004.jpg

First we have these two. The single colored one is actually from a pattern I found online. I had a horrible time reading the pattern, and probably messed up terribly. Seeing as the yarn was wool, I decided to felt it. Not terribly exciting. The other one is made of leftovers from that purse as well as a sweater my mom made from me in fifth grade out of yarn she got when we visited New Zealand. She must have bought a ton of that wool because I have several balls of it.

th_purses007.jpg

Next we have my first felted purse, and probably my favorite. I got "the little box of crocheted bags" over spring break and decided to make this one. I love it, and used it for most of the year. I just refelted it because it looked like it was coming undone, and so the straps are kind of short now. Oh well, I'll fix it. :D

th_purses010.jpg

This purse was more of a random crocheted thing than anything else. I was going off of a picture more than following a pattern. Again, it's felted. I love the colors. The strap is two finger knitted strands woven in and out of each other. I really like the effect, but it kind of cuts into my shoulder when the bag's full.

th_purses005.jpg

This is my most recent purse. I got the yarn the other day and finished the purse that night. I'd had my eye on the multicolored wool for a while, and my mom was in a good mood, so she bought the wool and matching wools for me. It really made my day (that stuff is expensive!). I love the finished product, and this is what I'm currently using as my purse. A lot smaller than the pink one, but it works.

th_purses003.jpg

This is my current project, which is halted because I ran out of wool, and so did Hobby Lobby. I had leftover green and pink from two separate purses, so I decided to try a circular purse (to be felted, of course). I'm hoping my mom has some wool that will work so I can finish it up.

And finally, because I think my mom's (knitted) purses are incredibly cool, I'll show you those...

th_purses009.jpg

This one started out as a hat, but was too small, so she made it into a purse.

th_purses008.jpg

I just love this yarn. I think it's called Noro, but I'm not sure on the spelling. She felted it and it's fuzzy. I want to steal this purse in the worst way, but I think she'd notice.

Sorry for the long post, but I love my purses!

Those are so beautiful...I've never made a felted one yet...I'm playing with the idea though...I'm in the middle of another bands of beads tote...so it may be a while..

Great job!!

Your purses are all very cute! I love the blue and green together, both of the colors are so vibrant! And I LOVE that pink one that your mom made!

Elle

Archived