Is this really sad or just a clever idea? **It's CLEVER, I'm brilliant!!** :)

So, as many of you other ladies, I am addicted to crocheting.

I have so many projects I cannot put down.

But I have a test tomorrow morning.

I typed up all my notes and set them up to play on an automatic slide show in powerpoint so I can "watch" them while I crochet.

Sad, or clever? I think clever, but I have a biased opinion!!! :)

Jessica,

I would say you are CLEVER! I just took my FINAL exam for the semester tonight and graduate Friday night! Taking the summer off before I continue my schooling - - yeaaaaaaaaaaah!

Do GREAT on your exam!! :yay

Very good idea! Now if you could put them to sound so that the computer would read them to you rather than you watching while you crochet that would be cool!:D

Oh my goodness!! I found that option!!!! HAHAHAHA!

Well, I would need a microphone to record into, and then it would "read" it back to me.

I know how I will be studying all next semester!!

Haha seriouisly though, this is helping a TON. I set them up like flashcards to quiz me on the different concepts. Woo! My roommate thinks I am nutso. :devil

I most definitely say clever! I'm going to have to use this trick, unfortunately my hardest test is coming up and I don't think that's the best time to try this new method, but next semester, I'll definitely be copying your idea! I make flashcards on index cards, and that helps me a lot, but it would really be the same thing, only with the ability to crochet at the same time! yay! :clap

This is so bad of me...:devil ...look at your microphone jack, does it look like a standard headphone jack? If it does and you are interested I have a microphone that is just sitting in a box not being used and if you want it just send me your address by pm and I will send it off to you.

Oh my goodness!! I found that option!!!! HAHAHAHA!

Well, I would need a microphone to record into, and then it would "read" it back to me.

I know how I will be studying all next semester!!

Haha seriouisly though, this is helping a TON. I set them up like flashcards to quiz me on the different concepts. Woo! My roommate thinks I am nutso. :devil

Clever, and a very good learning strategy. First the effort put into creating the ppt was a kind of review.

Second the repetition will also firm the information in your mind

Third - doing it while doing a relaxing activity takes some of the stress out of studying... You may find your hands moving when you take the test and try to recall the information..... body memory helping mental memory!

And yes, the small investment in even a cheap mike so that you can hear as well as see / or even hear instead of see will make a difference especially if you are promarily an auditory learner.

I use these strategies with my students all the time. They love making the PPT --- not realizing that that is part of the study process. They can print out the slides a (4-6 per page) and make little cards to play games with away form the computer. And in PPT they can move slides around so that they can't memorize the answers in order.

And they can hide the slides they really know so that they can concentrate studying the ones they are having problems with but then easily go back to the whole set for a general review.

Finally they make PPT's for each chapter and then when they need to study for the unit test, they can link all the slides.

And one of the best things is that they can use visuals, drawings and illustrations to help them remember the information.

Lots and lots of possibilities.

I do like PPT as a learning tool!

This is a brilliant idea. Back when I was in school, I used to record everything I needed to study on cassette tapes and listen to them while I did my homework. It kept me from failing the classes I really didn't like that much. It also helped me learn the lines to all those school plays I was in.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

:clap very clever. I f PowerPoint had been common when I was in college I would have had much better grades while I was making centerpieces for my wedding instead of B's and C's I may have gotten A's. I just skippped studying to crochet so I say great Idea:cheer

Archived