Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, everyone. Yep, I'm with the rest of you. This method seems to work with thread and any weight yarn and just about any pattern.

Add my "WOW!!!" to the rest of them, worm. That's lovely.:yay:yay:yay

Everyone's work is looking so great! I love them all!!! Unfortunatley, mine has been going very slowly this week. I've been having a lot of wrist pain (which I thought was the old cp acting up)...turns out I have a half healed hairline fracture! I have no idea how it happened! So...I'm in a very restrictive brace for the next few weeks. I'm learning how to crochet with the brace...but it's slow going. I just can't give up my stress buster! :P

And to top it all off, I sat down to work on my ripple last night, only to realize that I'd done the last 26 rows in dc instead of sc!! :blush I was mad! So I've ripped out the last 26 rows and now I'm slowly trying to redo them with the correct stich. Ugh....next week has to be better!!!

Becky - Dontcha hate when you do that?!? Drives me nuts :P Oh you poor, poor baby trying to crochet with a broken wrist :hug You're a gal after my own heart :lol

Oh, Becky. You poor thing. And then to have to rip out that many rows on top of a broken wrist. That's just not fair!!! May next week be better. Don't push your wrist too hard. How about pampering yourself with a long soak in a hot bubble bath?:hug

Becky, I hope you feel better soon! Rest he wrist.

Thanks everyone. I've been wowed by all your wows.

I'm so imspired by all your work. I did a super simple pattern as a stashbuster, but the rest of your projects really make me want to try more soon. I'm off to the gym, but I've got a lot more baby yarn and my hook is staring at me.

If anyone can point me towards a round ripple pattern...I haven't tried one yet....

I haven't even started on anything yet.

:lol Don't feel bad, hon :hug I've started and frogged three so far and have finally just given up on it for now :lol

Here is is all finished. My husband still doesn't get the round afghan but anyway.. This was fun to do and thanks for starting the thread. I did learn how to do a ripple. I washed it as suggested and it is so soft so I must have used the right size hook (P).

roundripple2.jpg

Good morning, all. I'm up and about to vaccuum. Did a LOT of cleaning and straightening up yesterday. It's looking pretty good down here. Just a little left to do and some laundry.

Oh, worm! I feel so bad for you. :worried It looks like you did a decrease on one end when you turned. And the colors and pattern are so very, very pretty.

Deb, that is so yummy! :yay Love the bright, cheerful colors and how well you shaded them from one to the other. That's really going to make someone's day. Who is it for?

Oh Wormie, you poor, poor dear! :(:hug Yes, I think Linda's right about what happened. When that happens to me and it's not worth the frog, I make it into a pillow :P

Deb - Lovely, absolutely lovely :manyheart

Dear Worm, You know that is gorgeous the way the blues van gogh into a cloud. I bet you are not crocheting enough to the very end on one end. I hate it when that happens! you can frog it! just a few rows and then count your stitches on each row. It doesn't look like you should be putting that last one in on the edge that is decreasing but it really is supposed to be there. That will make your edge straight I am betting. I would have just cried too when I saw it going diagonal on me, good luck though, I think you just have to pull up that last little stitch that looks like it is part of the side, just see what happens that way...:hug

I am too embarrassed to put up my try at the "easy" round ripple. My son asked me if I was crocheting a car. It just isn't going right for me :no ..

Oh Wormie, my heart is broken for you. :cry That was such beautiful work.

I agree that we all can work together to make this come out right. because of the colour changes (as you said) you would have to work to the smallest row but then you could just put a bigger border on it. :yay

You are tooooooooooo good at this to stop for this. you will also learn how to work to the end so this is a blessing in disguise. :c9

We are here for you and we will talk you through this if you are willing to re-create that pretty blanket. Please let us help you :hug:manyheart

Deb what can I say. that is wonderful; you have the colour thingy all figured out and you crochet so well. :cheer:clap

I know it says, "Thou shalt not covet" but I do envy those of you who can make this graduated colour thingy work. :sigh:blush

I am too embarrassed to put up my try at the "easy" round ripple. My son asked me if I was crocheting a car. It just isn't going right for me :no ..

Boy, I sure know this one. My attempt at making a doily/spread in this technique now consists of several balls of yarn in a bag in my storage area :rofl

I am not laughing at you, I am crying with you. This RR seems so simple and yet it isn't.

Your purple square was really neat though, how is that doing?

Archived