Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

MicMack...how creative! I'll bet you'll come up with something great - it sounds like this stuff runs in your genes!:hook

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...for today, Thursday, reminds me a lot of this technique we're using. It might be a good way to use our scraps. I know I usually need a pattern to at least get me started - then I can embellish!

Good morning, everyone. I spent some time on my RR yesterday, so I'm going to spend some time on my quiltghan today.:hook

MickMack, welcome to the group. :welcome Sounds like you've got a great idea for your first project.

I'll say fast!! Here are two more......I think I'm 'hooked'!!

Somebody stop me!!!!!

MARLAINASBLANKIE.jpg

LANCESBLANKIE.jpg

I really like the granny square one. Can you tell what kind of yarn you used and how many rows of solid and how many rows blended? That's exactly the look I want to go for whenever I do actually start one of these!!!!

Forgot to read carefully on that Annie's Attic pattern: it uses an afghan hook! Hmmmm...I always wanted to try that anyway...maybe my charity baby ghans can be the test subject!

Wendy, I've used an afghan hook before and know how it goes, but I've had trouble with the work curling. On one of the sites here it may have been Tabby - I forget - who was beginning to use one and there were also some tips on keeping the piece flat. My mom did beautiful work with the afghan hook - and worked emroidered designs over it. I hope to be nearly THAT good...

I hear the longer the piece gets the flatter it gets. Something about once it's heavy enough or some such. I'm gonna beat that afghan stitch sometime this year! :hook:lol

I hear the longer the piece gets the flatter it gets. Something about once it's heavy enough or some such. I'm gonna beat that afghan stitch sometime this year! :hook:lol

That's my goal, too! Like I said, I can use it on my charity squares as I make more down the line...

I really like the granny square one. Can you tell what kind of yarn you used and how many rows of solid and how many rows blended? That's exactly the look I want to go for whenever I do actually start one of these!!!!

They are both done in Bernat Softee Baby, with 3 rows solid, 2 rows blended. The rainbow one I used the #13 pattern from the 63 Squares book. I have enough yarn left over to make another one, or maybe two, so be on the lookout for more!

Okay, so I am in, since I started a doily that was inspired by this thread. I am about half done and it should be completed by tom.

Oh wait maybe not the dog has a dr. appointment today and I have to pick up the granddaughter from day care. Hmmmmmm maybe tonite I'll have time.

Either way I will post a pic tommorrow!

Laura

Here is the unfinished product so far. The picture doesn't do it justice though. This was taken rather late in the eve. and the flash is rather harsh! I'll make sure I get a better picture after it is completed and blocked. I must say that I like this method of shading though. The pattern is Berkah (sp) shells from South Maid's Timeless doilys to crochet.

I have 1 1/2 rounds yet to completion.

100_17001.jpg

Hi Klutzandme that is absolutely beautiful. Well done. How big is it going to be and what size thread are you using.

Have to measure when I get done, but you can see the hook in the right hand side of the pic for an idea. I am using #10 thread that I had in my stash so no idea what brand/s. Thank you all for your kind words. Can't wait to finish this!!

Laura

Well, I started working on mine this week. This is what I will be doing. I am using 5 colors of Caron Simply Soft in Brights

A) Watermelon

B) Mango

C) Limelite

D) BlueBerry

E) Grape

My order will be - 3 rows each of:

AA

AB

BB

BC

CC

CD

DD

DE

EE

Here is what I have so far! I am liking it, but I am using my old camera and it just isn't picking up the prettiness of it. But it is FotoFriday so I wanted to post what I have got done.

vangogh02.jpg

vangogh01.jpg

Morning, everyone. I'll get a pic up later. I promise.:yes

Laura, that is gorgeous. Great job. :yay:cheer:yay

KnicKnac, Wow! Love those brights together. :yay:cheer:yay

KK, looking great so far!

I need to buy a few more skeins of yarn to finish my giant granny. It's currently 43 inches square, and I want to make it about 55 inches square to be toddler sized. I like how the color blending is working so far. There's a HL near my home, so I'll probably stop by there on my way home and buy the yarn I need. If they don't have it, I guess I'll have to go to the larger HL a little further away from where I live. :lol

Archived