Red Crocheted Vegie Bags

loopy1

Didn't know whether to post this here or in Home Decor but Home Decor seems to be mostly afghans so Thread Crochet won out!

Anyway, I made these crocheted bags for my very dear friend of about 30 years now. She doesn't crochet but she signed up here as loopy'sfriend. Back in the early 80s, she had a red kitchen and requested them in red.

The pattern is from GOOD HOUSEKEEPING Needlecraft, Spring-Summer 1977 and if memory serves, I think I made them with RH Luster Sheen...a bit bigger than the Speed-Cro-Sheen called for by the pattern.

All images are clickable.

............th_threeredbags.png ............th_tatersandcarrotsred.png ............th_onionsred.png

I also made these bags for myself in ecru with the words in green.

Hope you enjoy! I enjoyed making them!

How cute! These look like something my mother would like! Thanks so much for sharing this idea, loopy1! I'm also seeing this design as a shopping bag with a different word on it, maybe "Groceries"? The eco-bag thread in "Other Crochet Topics" may be a good place to show this one off, too.

I love those bags. I have the pattern is several older Country Crochet magazines, and its on the web too.

http://www.craftown.com/crochet/pat1.htm

Thanks for letting me know! I meant to search the web to see if it was there since it's kind of old. Unfortunately, it's just the Onion Bag. I'll do a search to see if I can find the Taters and Carrots Bags. I find it interesting that no one is given credit for the design. I checked my magazine and no credit is given there either. Oh, well!

Maybe someday we can have a Vegie Bag/Shopping Bag with Thread CAL!

:manyheart:hug

Archived