Comfortghan for a little girl who needs lung surgery -udate - picture in post #59

cshort

Hello Everyone,

There is a little girl in the class that my daughter is a teacher's aide in that has a mass in her lung and will be having surgery in about 2 weeks. I also work at the school as a teacher and had the girl's brother in my class 2 years ago, both children have autism. I would like to make an afghan for the little girl. Her favorite color is blue, so if anyone would like to send me 8" squares in any shade of blue worsted weight yarn I would really appreciate it and I know she and her family will as well.

Thank you,

Carol

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be glad to do 2 or 3. Is there any particular shade of blue that you'd prefer? I already have light, bright & navy. I guess I'll do one of each. (OK, now I'm babbling). Anyway, please PM your address to me and I should be able to send them out by the end of the week.

Is there a deadline for the squares? I can send them Monday if that's okay.

Monday will be fine. I would like to have the squares next week, I found out yesterday that her surgery will be on May 8th and I would like to take it when we visit her at the hospital.

Thank you everyone!

I should be able to get at least one in the mail tomorrow...it's not quite finished yet. I'll let you know for sure when it is in the mail and hope I can add one or two more to that. If Tuesday's mail is okay, then I'm pretty sure I can send more.

Please pm me your addy. I will be praying for the little girl and her family. God bless all teachers...you definitely have a calling to your job. And God bless you for doing this for her.

:manyheart:hug

Archived