Cross Stitch

catheryn

446537262_8a60f026de_m.jpg446537254_702af4a01e_m.jpg

I just have to show this off. I have been working on this piece for the last year. It is done on 36 count fabric, so it was really hard on these old eyes of mine. I was so proud to get her finished that I rushed to Hobby Lobby and bought the premade frame to put her in. It looks pretty good as it is, but one day when I can take a little money away from my crochet budget, I plan on getting her framed really nicely.

You should be proud! :cheer:clap:cheer That is absolutely beautiful!! I have never had the patience for the detail of cross stitch and admire anyone who can hang in there and get a project like this done. It will also be a nice heirloom to pass down one day.

WOW! Amazing work! Absolutely beautiful! I think the framing job you did is great, professional framing can be pricey!

I wish my eyes would allow me to do cross-stitch.

*heavy sigh*

:devil

That is why God invented magnifiers and daylight lamps.:devil Without those I never would have been able to complete this. Check out the picture of the other one on my blog. I worked on it for 10 years off and on!!!!

Oh Catherine, that's beautiful!!

I have "The Last Supper" halfway finished, and hope to get back to it later this year. I used to cross-stitch a lot, before I took up crochet.....just can't seem to work in two different craft areas at the same time!

That is absolutely beautiful. I enjoy cross stitch myself and have never been brave enough to try one of those designs, even on a larger count fabric. Congratulations; it is quite an accomplishment!

Archived