My First Poncho Pantsuit!

NannDee

I am finally finished my first Poncho Pantsuit. It is a free pattern on Groovy Crochet site. It is a McCall's pattern from 1971 for Beginners....

I had to adjust the size of the pants to fit the person I made it for. I ended up deciding to re-do the pants yesterday and finished 3/4 of the pants before dragging myself to sleep. I hope she likes it. She was out sick today, which gave me more time to make sure that I had tucked away all the strands that were poking out. So..it is finished and I am now brave enough to make one for myself:manyheart:hook:cheer

I have added a picture of my co-worker wearing her new outfit...It is a perfect fit.

zoomer.fpgzoomer.fpgzoomer.fpg

Very Nice!! I love the color!

I also checked out your blog, and I love it! I like how you have all the moving pictures, and love those hobo bags!!

Good Job!:manyheart

Thanks ...I took tips from fellow Villagers here in Crochetville..The hobo bags are fabulous to make...and a C-A-L...so jump on in.:hook

u did an awesome job! i love it... i would attempt to make one for myself but my hips r too wide... :no

I am making one for myself soon...and thanks I appreciate and value my fellow villagers opinion:manyheart

the model has the same problem..I started out with the one size, added a 3 inch panel to each side. Eventually, I redid the pants with a larger hook for the hip area and it fit perfectly...go for it girl..it's a beginner pattern!

Wow! It just goes to show you that some of those vintage patterns can be very cool now. Your pantsuit is great and the model looks very sexy in it. :)

Wow! It just goes to show you that some of those vintage patterns can be very cool now. Your pantsuit is great and the model looks very sexy in it. :)

THANKS!....She is still beaming! :yay

That is lovely, I'll have to check out my old books and see if I have the pattern. What type of yarn did you use?

http://*****************/web/20011206120147/www.cei.net/~vchisam/groovy/women.html

Here is the link to the site. The patterns are there for all to try. I used Caron's Perfert Match in Autumn Red...Have Fun!

That is one SWEET outfit!!! I bet she is going to get Many MANY compliments on it!!

Girl, You've got SKILLS!!!

She has gotten many compliments. I took pictures at work after she tried it on (in the ladies room) and she can only wear it with her husband..It's very revealing..yet concealing...She has several outfits that have that 70's flair and she looks awesome in whatever she wears!

That is HOTTT I was worried about gettin my hips in some of those 70's patterns so could you tell me how many hook sizes you went up ( my hips are a full 10 inches bigger than my waist):eek

That is HOTTT I was worried about gettin my hips in some of those 70's patterns so could you tell me how many hook sizes you went up ( my hips are a full 10 inches bigger than my waist):eek

Ty..it is and she was working the pants..anyhoo..the pattern called for an "I" hook, but I switched to a "K" hook for the panty part, replaced the "sc" with a "hdc" and then I used a "J" hook for the legs. She has full hips as well. Measure your hips and add a 1/2 inch to each side. When you crochet the top, do a couple rows. Remember to not make the legs too full, it will make the legs look like palazzo pants instead of a slight bell bottom...

happy hookin!:hook

• 1 month later...

I had some yarn left over and decided to make a hat and a bag to match the Poncho Pantsuit. So far she, loves the outfit, especially the hat. I'll post pictures of the bag once I complete it. The bag and the hat are my original design based on the pattern stitch from the Poncho Pantsuit!

Archived