clover soft touch crochet hooks

so i bought the G and H of these hooks from michael's, to try them out, because i like their sizing method (it's not all funky like boye's), and their G is a 4.5mm, which is actually a size 7.

I LOVE THESE HOOKS!! i'm an angry (tight) crocheter and i used to get wrist and arm pain, but these hooks are so comfortable to hold and they force you to hold the hook in a way that stops the stress on your arm/wrist.

so i scored a set of C-J on ebay for $28 =) as soon as i get them, i think i'll put the ones i already bought up on the sale board.

anybody else have good experiences with these hooks??

I love these hooks also . Last year my mom got me 2 thread hooks and when I tried to get more I found they have done away with the thread hooks, I watch these hooks like a hawk I am so afraid I am going to lose one (have all the yarn ones)

roxie in oh

I got my set yesterday and couldn't wait to try them out. I fell in love. They are comfortable and I notice they were flowing better through the yarn if that makes any sense. lol I'm so glad I bought these. :hook

roxie in oh - I love mine too. What size thread hooks? I just recently got C and D at JoAnn's.

I love my Clover hooks also - really helps when my thumb is bothering me - if I remember to put my thumb on the cushion part, it really helps.

I absolutely love my soft touch hooks!!

Some online shops still have the thread sizes. Here is just one place: http://www.karpstyles.com/catalog.html?item=2230

Thank you so much for this address! I have been searching for affordable bamboo crochet hooks and they have them! I just ordered 3 sizes and I can't WAIT to get them....thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :hug

My secret pal in Texas for the spring swap sent me 2 Clover soft touch hooks and I don't think I've used anything else since!!! She just sent me the clover pendant yarn cutter! I'm so spoiled!!

Obviously, I can't find Clover products where I live!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my CLOVER hooks!! I have been using them now for about the past 2 years. I have the complete set, recently completing the set this past month.

I have written the company about larger hook sizes and they sent me an email saying that they are making larger hooks and to look for them soon. (not sure how soon)

I, too, want to get at least one lighted hook. I'd like to see if it would help me to see the stitches in all the black yarn I use. My teen daughter loves black. Also, am wondering if the hooks are heavy because of the batteries or if they might snap/break easily since I am a tight crocheter. The hook has to be plastic in order for the light to show through, right??

I absolutely love my soft touch hooks!!

Some online shops still have the thread sizes. Here is just one place: http://www.karpstyles.com/catalog.html?item=2230

:hug Thank you Stormy for the link to the thread clover hooks. I have a set of the larger clover hooks, just got them and have used them some and LOVE:manyheart them!! I have been searching with no luck for the thread ones. A bit pricey:eek but I bought every size! I cannot wait to get them, as I do allot of thread crochet!!

Thank you so much for shareing.

peni

I am so in love with my clover hooks. I only have 3 but use them all the time.

I have arthritis in my crochet hand, and tendonitis in the wrist. I can crochet much longer pain free with the clover.

I love my Clover hooks!! They are all I use. I got the complete set of thread hooks for Christmas but haven't used them yet. I did notice that the sizing (mm size) on these hooks (thread) is different from the regular thread hooks I have. I need to figure out how to mark it (mm size) on the hook because it's only printed on the package, not the hook handle. Any suggestions?

So I used my lighted Clover for the first time last nite. It was just OK for me. The handle is fatter to accomodate the batteries and I was bothered by the on/off switch. But for a fun get-together like a Stitch-n-Pitch, I would definitely take it along.

:cheer :cheer :cheer I got my clover thread hooks today. I bought the whole set! Can't wait to use them:hook :hook They look might tiny, but that is great for me as I crochet little bears with sewing thread!!!!!

Awsome, thank you again for shareing the link to buy them.

peni:yay

I just added a D and E to my ever growing collection, so now I have 5 thanks to them being 40% off at Joann's so I got them for $3.89 I love going in for yarn and getting such great surprises!

I think I'm going to Beverly's after DD's nap to see if they have the lighted ones, they have them in their online store, but it's worth a stop on the way over to grandma and grandpas. :D

• 1 year later...

Archived