Look what I found at the dollar store

I found some Lion Boucle at the Dollar General. Just one dollar a skein!!! :D I have no clue what I am going to make with them, but I got them anyways. They had four different variegated colors so I picked one and got all they had of it. Which was five. :( I wanted to get it all but I couldn't afford it. :reyes

I was at my Dollar General yesterday and they didn't have any of the Bouchle, so I got six skeins of the fun fur - it has little colored looks like felt circles in it - something different. Don't know what I am going to do with it either, probably some scarves for next winter.

You guys have a way better dollar store than I do. All I can find there is cheap shampoo and paper products.

the fun fur makes darling little scarves with it, i made several with the yarn i got . just my luck, everyone sold:devil:devil:devil:devil and for 10.00 each too hows that for a nice profit

I was at my Dollar General yesterday and they didn't have any of the Bouchle, so I got six skeins of the fun fur - it has little colored looks like felt circles in it - something different. Don't know what I am going to do with it either, probably some scarves for next winter.

Oh the fancy fur makes great scarves. I made one for my sister last year and she loves it - she gets compliments on it everytime she wears it (so she says ;) ) It makes a really cute and fun scarf.

We don't have any Dollar General's in my area but my mom has one in her town - I'll have to look there next time I visit.

Our No-Frills grocery store now sells $1.oo/skein yarn in thier dollar section. Our Dollarama is my source for chenille yarn in pretty colours (at $1.oo of course)

The Dollarama in my town sells pretty much the same stuff, although I did get some phentex Sayelle (????) yarn that is just like baby yarn. Last week I found a package with 2 sets of knitting needles ( plastic sizes 5 and 10) so I bought a bunch for my DDs grade 4 teacher who has started an afterschool knitting group with girls of any age at the school. My lovely little DD says " my mom crochets all the time so she'd love to help out!!!!! I have abot 6 of them crocheting now, and yes we tell the girls to hit the dollar store whenever possible!

niqita, don't give up. The one closest to me has been open for a year, and last week is the first time they had any yarn. I was talking to the manager, and he said all of the Dollar Tree stores should have yarn soon. Keep checking your store!!!

I believe that the dollar stores are like McDonald's in other words they all have different owners and are franchised. That makes them all different in what they carry.

I had found the Lion Boucle in my Dollar Tree a few weeks ago. I was surprised, because my Dollar Tree never has anything like that, and all of a sudden there were bins full. I was good the first time there and only got 15, but two days later I couldn't take it anymore and went with my visiting sister to get the rest. I think I got 55 skeins of the boucle in total. I left all but 4 skeins of the fun fur that they had tons of. Isn't great to make a find like that? :cheer

A friend found more than 20 skeins at her Dollar Tree -- and of course bought them all up. I am fortunate to be the recipient of a gift of 6 skeins. I am dreaming what to make with them....after I finish my WIPs.

I haven't had any luck, even when I go the same day she finds them. Some people have all the luck.

Great find! My dollar general doesn't ever have yarn of any kind. I have found a few things at a dollar tree before and sometimes at big lots. I wish my dollar store would get it! Lucky Duck!!!:cheer

Archived