Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies

heart

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, I have finished mine. Just have to starch it. I have also started another one that you can see in the photo.

I used a E Hook and #5 thread, not sure how big its supposed to be but mine measures 5inches from side to side including the frills and its nearly 4.5 inches high, might go higher once starched not sure.

Oh and sorry for the big photo but I dont know how to do clickables.

P1020154.jpg

Thanks Sheryl, not sure on the contrast color. maybe orange or green. My girls want one too so I have to go get more thread. these two are going to be for my mum and my grandma for easter, if I can get the starching part done and get it dried before next week.

Wendy, I like yours, too! They're both pretty; I bet the multi-colored one will look great with whatever contrast color you choose!

:manyheart:hug

I am trying. If I keep posting I'm not crocheting!!:think

My DH went out and bought me a new camera last night :clap

Now I need a new operating system on my computer to make it work right:eek . (DH ordered it on-line after I went to bed)

I started on my next basket and should have in starch sometime tonight and start on the third. Hopefully they will all be done long before Easter.

Since I finished my basket I've been looking for other small patterns that I might like to do and I came across fancy dress potholders. I was handed down from great grandparents some of these and I've admired the handy work that they did. Doing the basket inspired me to try and find some of these patterns and that's what I'm going to do next. Here's a link to one that I bought: http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=3236 for only $1.49 and you get the e-pattern immediately in a .pdf (gotta love that). This would be fun to do as a crochet-a-long, if each person bought their own pattern.

Thank you everyone for all your support and encouraging comments; I look forward to doing another CAL soon. :)

Very pretty Wendy! If it is a photo buket photo, you can click the littlebox under it, (it will turn red) then scroll to the botom of the page and click generate html and img codes...then on the new page that pops up, click the text in the 3rd bok down, it says something like img cliclable thunbnails..it will hilight, right click and copy it, then paste that code here in the box you type posts in, it will be clickable. (I only know how to do photo buket) :)

Brenda, I love that pattern on the link! Way to cute..may have to buy that one! Thanks!

th_canpants.jpg

this is supposed to be my picture of my can pants, they fit better on a large can of tomato soup instead of green bean....soup needs to be dressed too!

i guess i got a picture! when i typed above it was all jibberish.....no picture! i cant believe it....can pants were a first and so is the picture i've never posted one before!

Thankyou everyone for your compliments....:blush:hug

Sherri yours is beautiful. I love the color.:clap

Sarah thanks for the info about clickables. I do use photobucket so I will try that next time.

A question, I cant find liquid starch, will powder starch be ok with it mixed with water or do you get flakes happening. I really wanted to starch today as Im home all day.

Wendy, I'm not sure about powder starch. It's worth a try, b/c even if it doesn't work, it can be washed out easily with warm water and a mild detergent. It may work, and that would be a good thing. ;) Maby mix it up so it has the consistency of milk. (I don't know what the portions would be)

Just a thought here...I have used cotton yarn...(like sugar n creme or peachen n creme has to be cotton) and a size G hook, and made crosses and starched them, and they kept their shape...maby these would too. Just have to do one and see how big it is, maby a coffee can or something like that to starch over? The handle would definately have to be wired, or maby crochet over pipe cleaners? have to think on this a bit. I don't have any cotton yarn here to try right now. But it's a thought. ;)

Heeeeeelllllllllooooooooo!!!! Anybody out there? I laid down about 6-6:30 p.m., fell asleep and woke up at 9:00! It's 11pm here now and I'm raring to go!...no, not really.

Made another pair of can pants by my small pattern. They're warm blue with bridal white ruffles trimmed in warm blue. I put in more stitches to make it more ruffley. Haven't starched it yet.

BTW, the other one came out okay...sorry I was so whiney last night. I get like that sometimes.

I am trying. If I keep posting I'm not crocheting!!

My DH went out and bought me a new camera last night

Now I need a new operating system on my computer to make it work right . (DH ordered it on-line after I went to bed)

I started on my next basket and should have in starch sometime tonight and start on the third. Hopefully they will all be done long before Easter.

:cheer:clap YAY! :welcome:ghug

:woo:applause SHERYLJAK'S A VILLAGER! :tup:jumpyay:fame

CONGRATULATIONS! :graduate

I know, funny thing about posting--you can't get any crocheting done when you're posting :compute--have to multi-task! And now you have a :photo so you'll spend more time uploading photos! You must have a wonderful DH!

Brenda, don't go away! We gotta keep making pants for all the cans of the world! We're on a mission! :lol

I like e-patterns, too! They have some pretty stuff and good patterns and they're too easy to buy! That little set you linked to is adorable and I'd join in a CAL but after this I've got projects I have to finish! Also, got to looking at some of their other patterns and had to slap my hands and close that window!

Watch for my Sweet Baby Dress and Hat in Babies Show and Tell either tomorrow or for sure by Monday!

YAY! CONGRATULATIONS! Isn't it exciting to post pictures?

I love the yellow, too...my favorite color. I wish I could find some yellow thread around here but nobody has anything but maize (and I didn't buy it! :(). I thought I had yellow cotton the other day but when I got home it was Royale Silkessence Microfiber...100% acrylic!

Anyway, your yellow can pants are lovely! Are they being modeled by the famous Tomato Soup or Green Bean? I'm not sure.

Hey! Has anyone else made the smaller size can pants? Want to know if the numbers worked out okay for you.

Sarah, I think the numbers are okay. I think I posted earlier (having another senior moment with the memory!) that I made another one in warm blue with bridal white.

In the instructions, I would suggest that the bottom ruffle be done before the top ruffle. I did it in reverse and it was heavy holding onto it while trying to do the bottom ruffle...just a little thing but makes it more comfortable to work.

On this small one (because I do like the ruffles)--

For the bottom ruffle: ch1 V stitch (dc, ch1, dc) in each st around.

For the CC: sc in each ch1 sp, ch3 around.

For the top ruffle: ch2 V stitch (dc, ch2, dc), ch2 in each st around.

For the CC: sc in each double, ch3 around.

Don't have pics yet but will probably post 'em tomorrow or by Monday.

Archived