Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies

heart

This is me drooling over all of your baskets!:drool:drool :loco:drool:drool:dreaming:dreaming:dreaming:c9They are adorable! Praise Jesus! Give yourselves a :clap:cheer:clap I'm going to try and post mine in a minute or two, if it uploads.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's mine... clickable

I'm not done with the # 10 thread one. The white and rose colored one has a skinnier handle, as you can see I'm going to have to re-do that one. I'm pleased with them though. :U Thanks you all for participating. This was so much fun. I have laughed so much, I may have lost a pound or two! :D

Oh my goodness! I hope none of you took me seriously about the cheese! It was only cause you used the cheese can...I know you know that! I totally agree with your dad!

And I wasn't calling your work that :nworthy (I don't even want to say the word again!). I was just naming the pants!

Please forgive me if there was any misunderstanding. I can be just full of silliness if given 1/100,000th of a chance.

:manyheart:hug

:lol No missunderstanding. :hug I typed with tounge in cheek! I knew you weren't calling my work cheesy, but the 'canpants' cheesy pants.. :P It was me being literal again and my sense of humor doesn't always type well :P

Wow! Everyone's looks so great! Mine looks a lot less lumpy now that I've blocked it on the cheese. It stands up well on it's own, so I'm not sure I'm going to startch it. (Can't you tell I'm trying to avoid this for some bizzare reason?? :think)

I now just need to pick up some goodies for my dear friend and send it on it's way to Maryland. Oh, yeah, and I guess I should figure out what exactly to do with the handle.... oops.

OK, I'm gonna post my pics and I liked my basket before I starched it. Of course, it is still wet but the bottom is just flat! I can't make it ruffle! I'm gonna leave it dry upside down so at least the top ruffles will be perky.

Here's the before pic: (this thumbnail is sharper than when you click it!)

th_cokeclassicpantsonparade3.jpg

Here's a pic while it's drying (I realize it's wet, but look at the bottom! -- no matter how much I pinch and try to ruffle it, it won't!). Maybe adjusting the pattern didn't work so well after all.

th_starching2.jpg

This is the 1st one I tried that turned out so big. I call it Bloomers Can Pants. You can see it's almost 2" too big for the can of spray starch (how appropriate) The bottom of the basket does fit the can.

th_flaredskirt.jpg

Unhappy in Michigan under a pile of thread! But loving you anyway!

Your friend will adore it, especially since you made it!

If you don't want to starch it, maby you could line it with card stock, since it is stiff, then wire up the handle. Or you could do 2 loops for handles, one on each side, much smaller than the handle, then you wouldn't have to starch it. That'd be neat. hhhmmm...thinking, maby my # 10 thread one will get 2 handles ;)

I'm going to fill my cream/white one for a lady at church, she's the mother hen type and I just love her! ;)

OK, I'm gonna post my pics and I liked my basket before I starched it. Of course, it is still wet but the bottom is just flat! I can't make it ruffle! I'm gonna leave it dry upside down so at least the top ruffles will be perky.

Here's the before pic: (this thumbnail is sharper than when you click it!)

th_cokeclassicpantsonparade3.jpg

Here's a pic while it's drying (I realize it's wet, but look at the bottom! -- no matter how much I pinch and try to ruffle it, it won't!). Maybe adjusting the pattern didn't work so well after all.

th_starching2.jpg

This is the 1st one I tried that turned out so big. I call it Bloomers Can Pants. You can see it's almost 2" too big for the can of spray starch (how appropriate) The bottom of the basket does fit the can.

th_flaredskirt.jpg

Unhappy in Michigan under a pile of thread! But loving you anyway!

Looks good, love the bloomers by the way! ;)

Looks good, love the bloomers by the way! ;)

Looks good! Thank you! But did you read how sad I am? :(

What am I to do with the bloomers?

I plan on putting some 'grass' in the bottom and add some chocolates and the card on top.

Right now I've got the handle drying wraped around the cheese container. We'll see how it dries. I might just try and wire it. We'll see what it looks like in the morning.

Loopy, yours looks fine. Just wait until it dries, hopefully it'll perk up a bit then. Maybe you just startched it a little too wet? Mine wasn't too perky after I'd wet it down to block it. As it dried it perked up a bit.

Looks good! Thank you! But did you read how sad I am? :(

What am I to do with the bloomers?

I don't know what to do with the bloomers... maybe just put a strip of colored poster board or something inside it and forget completly about startching it.

I plan on putting some 'grass' in the bottom and add some chocolates and the card on top.

Right now I've got the handle drying wraped around the cheese container. We'll see how it dries. I might just try and wire it. We'll see what it looks like in the morning.

Loopy, yours looks fine. Just wait until it dries, hopefully it'll perk up a bit then. Maybe you just startched it a little too wet? Mine wasn't too perky after I'd wet it down to block it. As it dried it perked up a bit.

It was dry when I put it in the starch! My handle isn't even very stiff and I saturated it like Sarah said.

Yeah, I think Easter grass is a great idea!

I don't know what to do with the bloomers... maybe just put a strip of colored poster board or something inside it and forget completly about startching it.

The bloomers? I think maybe frogging is in order!

Maby put the bloomers on a large bowl, or cover an Easter Basket with them. Like they cover bulbs at Christmas for the tree. It could be hot glued onto a basket the right size, I bet that would be pretty. B/c all the colors of the origional basket would show thru, and you can get cute little wooden baskets for Easter at the Dollar Tree.

;)

Maby put the bloomers on a large bowl, or cover an Easter Basket with them. Like they cover bulbs at Christmas for the tree. It could be hot glued onto a basket the right size, I bet that would be pretty. B/c all the colors of the origional basket would show thru, and you can get cute little wooden baskets for Easter at the Dollar Tree.

;)

TOO LATE! ribbit! ribbit! ribbit!

Sarah, anybody, where are the posts when you guys talked about how to make the ruffles rufflier, ruffler, ruffleir...you know, more ruffled. I must keep passing over them cause I can't find 'em!

For those of you who used #3 thread and a size D hook, would you be so kind as to tell me what the diameter across the bottom circle measures? Thank you!

Umm...I can't remember either, but you just add more sts, either (if it is the bottom,) do a V st ch1, instead of the dc, ch1 around, for the top, if you want that rufflier, just do the V st as dc, ch2, dc, instead of the dc, ch1, dc, that will add a st to each V st around and give more rufflieness (?) to it. (spelling)

my can pants arae finished but need to be starched. will do that tomorrow when i have the whole day at home to starch and turn it. i left the bottom ruffle off and i think i really like it that way! mine seems bigger that the ones i see here, need to measure it. it started out to fit a green bean can, but havent dressed the can since like row 8. this way fun and thank you so very much.....cant wait for the next mystery! what will we clothe next?!

Archived