Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies

heart

:clap :clap :hook

Here's my dried and finished Mystery CAL!

DSC00424.jpg

Very pretty!! I love the color change in the middle. I meant to do that with mine, but forgot until after I was on beyond those rows. :blush I hope mine dries from it's blocking half as nice as yours.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol of course I know what cheesy is. :P Hopefully none of my work can ever be called cheesy... :D:lol

I have seen some of your work, and I would never call it cheesy. You do beautiful work. :cheer

I have seen some of your work, and I would never call it cheesy. You do beautiful work. :cheer

:blush

Thank you. I try my best. I enjoy the challenge of some of these projects. I enjoy pushing my boundries into something I normally wouldn't touch. (I'm not a doily kind of person so most thread projects just don't hold an interest for me, therefore I really wasn't keen on learning....)

Oh my goodness! I hope none of you took me seriously about the cheese! It was only cause you used the cheese can...I know you know that! I totally agree with your dad!

And I wasn't calling your work that :nworthy (I don't even want to say the word again!). I was just naming the pants!

Please forgive me if there was any misunderstanding. I can be just full of silliness if given 1/100,000th of a chance.

:loco:sofunny:nahnah:neener:rofl:rofl:rofl

:manyheart:hug

I am on my lunch break and just had a knock down drag out with my digital camera. I hate to say this but it beat me!

I have no photo to post at this time.

For starch I used J&P Coats Crochet Thread Stiffener. I have only used it once before on angels and snowflakes for Christmas. I picked it up at a yard sale (unopened) for 25 cents. Normally I would use Alenes fabric stiffener.

The colors I used were mint green w/hot pink trim. The labels from the thread are long gone but I'm pretty sure it was SouthMaid #10 cotton.

Sorry about the lack of photo. I just got a tax refund so I just might see if I can't find a new camera this week.

I am making 2 more this week for Easter gifts. One will be white/lilac trim ( I think the lilac is Knit Cro Sheen) and the other, lilac/mint green trim. #10 thread and size 6 steel hook. Maybe I can get the camera issue resolved and get some photos posted ASAP.

Thank you again for the adorable pattern.:manyheart

btw/ the finished product without handle is just over 1/2 the height of a pop can and about the width of a large plastic bottle of McCormick Schilling Cinnamon (which was my starching form)

Sheryl

Brenda, your basket looks fantabulous! Very pretty with the color change in the middle!

Mine is very wet with starch right now and has me worried. It's so droopy! This is the 2nd time I starched it. I didn't let it even dry from the 1st time because there just wasn't enough starch on it, so I redid it. I hope I'm there when it needs me to shape the frilliness and to turn it over.

But yours is adorable! I pray mine turns out okay!

Sheryl, the colors all sound like beautiful combinations! Can't wait for pics! Borrow someone's camera!

I want to make at least one in thread but I also have some crocheted Easter eggs I want to make. Plus I have some other things I've got to finish! I have got to go off CALs!

So glad you joined in the fun and Sarah did do a wonderful job and came up with a lovely pattern.

Suzy, Ohhhh, that bear must be so tiny and petite and it just looks so adorable! I forgot you used #10 thread.

Again, I ask, the pattern for the bear?

oh hey Jeannie..

I have this leaflet from South Maid that I got years ago...for a Victorian Carousel with ponies and teddies. I never have done a thing from it. But I made up my mind I wantedto make the miniature teddy. So I did..but then I made the muzzel and the face from here:

http://www.squidoo.com/thread_crochet_bears2/

check those out..cute or what???????????????? I see I will have a new addiction ...LOL

Suzy, I love the idea of making miniatures out of thread. The bear is cute, but yours is too cute! Do you know what the Lens Award is?

OH, EDIT: Thank you for the link!

:help Help me! Help me! :juggleI don't have time for another addiction!:badidea These addictions cause the hips to :ohdearspread:worried, especially as you get older! :lookout

DSC00000.jpg

I think this might work now.

The photo is not quite right. I used a "cheesy" camera.

Sheryl

Uh oh! There's that word again! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

It looks so delicate and pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Guess I better go check on mine and see how it's drying!

this is so much fun! i had a blast making and reading about "cheesy canned pants!" and trying to dress all the cans of the world....will finish mine over the weekend and may even attempt to take a picture!

Archived