Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies

heart

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone, well my starching didnt go too well. Using powder starch isnt the best and it hasnt made it very stiff. I cant get liquid starch here in Oz so I will have to think of another way to stiffen it.

Hey Wendy! The tacky glue Addey's talking about, I think, is Aleene's Tacky All Purpose Glue. Hopefully, they have it at your craft store or any store that carries craft items. You can dilute it with water to the consistency you want it; you can even freeze it to make it thicker! I have another fabric stiffener called api's (all in lower case letters) Crafter's Pick (for laces, bows and fabric crafts), but I haven't used it yet.

Also, at the Crochet Memories site there are stiffening tips. Check here. She has a lot of other good info here but then you have to click on "Crochet Basics" on the left side of the screen.

:manyheart:hug

I'm just sick about the cat incident. How awful.:eek

I like the ribbon and actually considered it but I don't have any easy way of getting ribbon. I'd have to order on line and it's hard to tell if the color will be right or not.

My total number of can pants is now 5. The last 4 all used the color change in the open area of the basket. That was a great idea! :cheer:clap

My computer is still not ready for my new camera but the software should be here before I give out the baskets next weekend. I promise to post photos before they leave my house.

I don't know how many more I'm going to make. I just can't stop now.

Sheryl

I like the ribbon and actually considered it but I don't have any easy way of getting ribbon. I'd have to order on line and it's hard to tell if the color will be right or not.Sheryl

Sheryl, the ribbon isn't all that expensive and I'd be glad to send you some spools or cut off lengths of what I already have for you. Tell me the colors you need and describe the shades as best you can. If I'm in doubt, I can get different shades. Even though I'm partially color blind, I have help to get the right colors. Sometimes they don't really have to be an exact match. Can you use white or bridal white (an ivory)? And be sure to tell me what size you think will work the best. 3/8" works in the 2 that I made. I prefer the plain satin look over the feathered edge so be sure to tell me which you prefer. I have feathered edge in some colors. I will be pleased and blessed to help you out with this!

Sheryl, the ribbon isn't all that expensive and I'd be glad to send you some spools or cut off lengths of what I already have for you. Tell me the colors you need and describe the shades as best you can. If I'm in doubt, I can get different shades. Even though I'm partially color blind, I have help to get the right colors. Sometimes they don't really have to be an exact match. Can you use white or bridal white (an ivory)? And be sure to tell me what size you think will work the best. 3/8" works in the 2 that I made. I prefer the plain satin look over the feathered edge so be sure to tell me which you prefer. I have feathered edge in some colors. I will be pleased and blessed to help you out with this!

Thank you so much for the offer. That is so sweet of you.:manyheart I am going to try to get these out by Friday afternoon. There is just not enough time. I think they will be fine without it this time...................

I'll post pics ASAP. Nothing in my mailbox today except BILLS!:(

Sheryl

I've been gone for a while, but I've enjoyed reading all the posts and seeing the pictures this evening. I have 2 baskets complete and am working on a few more!:cheer :cheer Here is a picture of one that I gave away as a door prize at our WMS meeting at church. Thanks, Sarah, for all the time you put into this. It was a blast!!! I've not had this much fun in a looooong time!! ;):hug:c9 God has surely blessed you with such wonderful talents!

crochetprojects038.jpg

oooOOOOoo Very pretty!! I love that you found 'grass' that matches with your basket. I'm sure whoever got such a wonderfull little gift enjoyed and appreciates it very much.

I agree, this has been a very fun time and a truly inspired pattern. Thanks to everyone for the laughs and the fun and the great pattern!

I've been gone for a while, but I've enjoyed reading all the posts and seeing the pictures this evening. I have 2 baskets complete and am working on a few more!:cheer :cheer Here is a picture of one that I gave away as a door prize at our WMS meeting at church. Thanks, Sarah, for all the time you put into this. It was a blast!!! I've not had this much fun in a looooong time!! ;):hug:c9 God has surely blessed you with such wonderful talents!

crochetprojects038.jpg

Praise the Lord and Thank You LaDonna. It was really fun. Your basket is beautiful! Who ever received this gift at your meeting must have felt special. The colors are great! Beautiful job on the basket and the decorating and filling it too. :U

I have been reading back thru and this is such a fun, happy place to spend some time! :D I only hope the next one will atleast be half as fun. :) You all have done an amazing job on your baskets. I love seeing all the different colors, ideas, everything. It was great to see one filled too. I'm really thankful, this was a blessing from the Lord, and I so needed the "fun time" doing this with all of you. The fact that the pattern was written in a day, and we started it a few days after, then all this sucess...Praise Jesus! ;) Thank you for all your comments. Think I'll try and decorate one with flowers today. That would be pretty for a wedding. Ideas, ideas, ideas...:D

Very pretty, LaDonna! Is that the bridal white with the warm rose? (oops, there I go again, being brave..or stupid..and trying to name colors!) It looks like mine which is in those colors, although your contrast color does look a little different.

I agree with the others..the lady who won this door prize must have been very, very happy!

I also agree with you about Sarah. That sweetie has been blessed with the goodness of the Lord! And I say that to honor and glorify Him. I only know Sarah from the Ville but God has blessed us with a lovely friendship.

I'm trying to start a new thread CAL using a Christmas tree skirt pattern. You can read about it here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48396

It's not getting any attention...about 75 views and zero replies! :( I know it's because of the thread and the specialty of it, but that's one of the things CALs are for, right? Also, it's not an immediate project that needs to be done but if I don't do it soon, I won't have it for Christmas!

If anyone wants to join in, I would be so tickled! Any support will be appreciated.

:ty :ty for all the nice compliments, ladies!!! :hug I was really pleased with the colors on this one. The colors are maize (which to me is a pale yellow) & plum. I filled it with the small bottles of body lotion and shower gel from Bath & Body Works (Wild Honeysuckle) and a few chocolate eggs. My preacher's wife won it and she loved it! :manyheart I'm gonna post a pic of the idea that my hubby gave me. I'm waiting for the pictures to download right now. See if you like it.

OK, here is my husband's idea. It is a very pretty candle cozy. You can't tell from the picture, but the light shines through the holes and is very pretty.

crochetprojects046.jpg

Another nice gift idea! :yay

LaDonna I love your color choices. Your husbands idea of a votive holder is awesome. Should we now call the project "candle pants"?

I'll be headed to the post office in about 1/2 an hour, so everyone please cross yofingers and hope that the softwear I need to make my camera work is there!!!:emptymail

Sheryl

I did not get my softwear today but I finished my 6th basket!!! I did get an order from Herschnerrs.:shop It was a latch hook kit for my DH. :mailHe's a hooker too. Just a different style. One day I'll get his handiwork posted too. :gallery At the moment he's pretty shy about it.

The only fabric store in town is only open Wed - Sat. They have thread stiffener, which I need badly. I only had enough for 5. (about 1/2 bottle).

Sheryl

Sheryl, I can't wait to see your baskets! I hope you get that software real soon! I guess I take for granted many of the conveniences that we have. I growl 'cause Walmart doesn't have what I need and I have to go to Michael's or AC Moore for supplies (they are about35 - 40 minutes from my house). I'm working on more baskets. Are you making yours for gifts?

LaDonna- I'd had the same thought as your DH. It does look very pretty. I'm glad your preacher's wife loved the basket.

My friend in MD got her basket yesterday and she loves it! She really liked all the detail that's in it. I told her how much fun I had making it and knew she'd love it. She's taking it in to work to show off. :blush

Sheryl- I can't wait until you get your software and we can see what you've been up to. I'm sure they're beautiful!

I am sooo jealous that some of you can just drive to Walmart or Michaels! (just kidding) Actually mail order works great most of the time. It just seems to take forever when you really want it. I know patience is a virtue, it's just not one of mine.

Sheryl

The weather turned nasty yesterday so the plane wasn't able to come in with the mail. I took pictures of my project and they are waiting in my camera.

I made 8 baskets. 7 of them are for gifts and I will keep the first one. At least you have all seen that one.

Oh my gosh! I just looked outside and it is snowing AGAIN!!! This has been a long winter. Is is still snowing anyplace else?

Sheryl

Archived