Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies

heart

I am not in this cal but I love following it. Everyone here is so funny.:lol I'm going to go back through and print out the pattern so hopefully I can make one before Easter. What will be the next mystery cal? I might join the next one. :)

Pat A.

P.S. It'll be so much fun if there was a surprise like this one had.:yes

Hi Pat! Oh yes you're in this CAL now!

POST #274 IS THE LUCKY WINNER OF A PAIR OF CAN PANTS! PLUS YOU GET TO BE A MEMBER OF THE CAL

However, before you accept this prize, read the fine print below:

kldjf[ew uf;ljsdoaif uewoijf lsdaj vkldj afoie qurioew quril kdajvl kdcvjkc nv klasjfeoi ewoi[ui ckd lsa'jdfk 'kdoasiore kdlask[peoif dikdp oe[aifoea k kopeire vdpo[aiefk kodaifdpkf vkodafkdlfk kcodakfdlkc fiodapksdlkc kdoa[ifdkflkxlck xkl;c/ . We are liable for nothing!

and use caution when joining this group! :rofl But you are most definitely welcomed here!

We're not really sure what we're doing! :nahnah:confused:loco:neener

Anyway, make it as soon as you can so you can give us a pic!

When I worked mine by the pattern, it came out too big and bowed out from row 5 instead of going up straight. I had to make mine smaller to fit a soda can.

I don't have the numbers fully worked out in writing, but it starts with ch 4 and 14 dc in the ring making a total of 15 dc. I think you can follow the pattern from there only, of course, you'll have less sts at the end of each round. If you do this one and have questions, just ask. Ask here or you can pm me.

I want to make a medium sized one but my 1st attempt didn't work. Gotta try again when my 1st one is finished, starched and drying.

JOIN IN!

WE'RE THE FUN GIRLS OF CROCHETVILLE!

:manyheart:hug

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loopy, thanks for your help. I think I did skip every other stitch. I ripped the row out and did every st, then I got 64 dc's, but it doesn't look critical to me, so I'm staying with 64 for now. Blessings, :manyheart

You are very welcome, Brenda! I'm so glad I helped! :cheer:clap:hook

64 is okay; better than 30, huh?

:hug:manyheart

Thanks Jeannie for helping Brenda. Glad you have it better worked out now. It is a pattern that you can do a lot with, make flower vases...:) all sorts of stuff. You can add or subtract sts to make it larger or skinnier. This just had a few different ways to do it than we usually use.

**I would suggest you leave it upside down, with the bottom facing up for the first few hours or so, It is wet and will stretch this way. Giving it a better shape. If it is still really wet when you are ready to go to bed, leave it upside down. It will begin to feel sticky as it dries, this is normal. I did this one with each row a different color, just to show up better. I do have a confession to make...You all saw my first one on the can of Diet Mt. Dew, right???...Well, I to have now joined the "Can Pants" community!....(It stretched, the first one didn't so I went up a can size! It's on corn) :) clickable..

th_Captured2007-3-2700000.jpg

th_Captured2007-3-2700001.jpg

I like the look of changing the colors on each row. Nice work.

The detail on each row shows up nicely. Guessing cause the can stretched it out. I think I'm going to find a bigger can to stretch mine out when it's being starched. I still need to get some starch, so I probably won't do that until tomorrow. Brenda

Thanks Jeannie for helping Brenda. Glad you have it better worked out now.

I do have a confession to make...You all saw my first one on the can of Diet Mt. Dew, right???...Well, I too have now joined the "Can Pants" community!....(It stretched, the first one didn't so I went up a can size! It's on corn) :)

Sarah, what do you mean "Glad you have it better worked out now." All I got worked out was a small size for me. No medium size and following the original instructions don't work for me. It bows out from round 5...doesn't go up straight.

QUESTION: That won't work, will it?
I haven't frogged it yet...still wishin' and hopin' and dreamin' it'll work!

*****************************************************************************************************************

Ah, confession is good for the soul! Glad you joined the "Can Pants" community. But, really, soda cans count as cans, too, don't they? Or do they not fit into the category like veggie cans, frosting cans, soup cans, etc. And don't discriminate against the "Plastic Pants" community. Remember, all cylindrical containers are acceptable.

Praise the Lord and Thank You Island Girl! We are glad you liked it too! :U

I do have an idea for the next one, that will be a little while though. Not sure exactly when. I'll have the pattern tested by more than just me next time! lol :D

Sarah, your work was terrific on the CAL. :cheer:clap:ty

This little basket is soooo adorable and you did a superb job! It's not your fault some of us are big-handed, loosey goosey crocheters! Sometimes you just have to adapt to a pattern, right? Or make the pattern adapt to you???

OK, when you say

"Attach Contrasting color in the back loops of R16, sc in each st around, fairly tightly. equals 60 sc. This just helps keep the top in shape."

We're working on the inside of the basket, so there'll be a row of sc in our contrasting color going around on the inside? If so, I like that! That'll be pretty!

:manyheart:hug

Sarah I love your basket. What a great idea for easter.

I have to get the starch today and finish last row and the ruffles and then I can try to do the starch. I will use my plastic container, do I have to cover my container first and if so will glad wrap be ok to use.

I cant wait to see everyone's finished project.

Thanks Sarah for doing this, I will definitely be in the next one.

Mine's on hold until the morning myself. I've had an off day... I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and it hasn't improved any. (Many, many apologies to my DH.... he's been putting up with a LOT today....)

I did enjoy reading through everyones posts though... :)

Mel and Addey, I'm so sorry both of you haven't had a very good day!:( I hope your evening is calm and relaxing and you both get a restful night's sleep! :sleep:night. I really like these smilies. They look so peaceful! I hope both of you look like that tonight and wake up refreshed in the morning and raring to go!

I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to starch mine cause I don't want it hanging limp all night and I won't be able to turn it over n over as needed. But here are some pics of COKE CLASSIC CAFFEINE FREE ON PARADE: (both clickable)

Sarah, the instructions you gave for keeping the top in shape-- attaching CC in the back loops of R16, sc in each st around--is this how it's supposed to look?

th_cokeclassicpantswithrowofsingles.jpg

th_cokeclassicpantsonparade4.jpg

Never noticed before that they're kind of fuzzy when you click 'em. Gotta find out how to correct that!

Jeannie, It looks great! So pretty! Yes, it is worked on the inside. Post # 281..I meant I was glad Brenda found a way for it to work for her. I should have clarified to whom I was speaking :)

Aussie, Glad wrap will work perfectly. That's what I used on my can too. :)

I like the look of changing the colors on each row. Nice work.

The detail on each row shows up nicely. Guessing cause the can stretched it out. I think I'm going to find a bigger can to stretch mine out when it's being starched. I still need to get some starch, so I probably won't do that until tomorrow. Brenda

Thanks Brenda! :U I used white and the Bridal White...I just call it cream! :D

I'm getting a really late start today. :sigh Plus I have my 2 nieces for the night (age 3 & 5). So, I think I will wait until morning to finish. I may not have any hair left if I try to start this late, plus one of the girls has decided that she doesn't want to go to sleep tonight. :woo

Everyone's work looks great! I'll post pics tomorrow when I'm finished. Have a good night! I'm off to play "12 Dancing Princesses". Maybe you could say a little prayer for me!

And BTW Sarah:ty :day :2hug . Another job well done!!!! :hug

This is so very beautiful... a couple of days ago I thought I knew what it was... surprise on me!!! I thought we would start decreasing rows and make a starched filigree type Easter Egg.... now I have this swirling around in my brain....

...........I guess it would take a ton of starch and you'd have to figure out how not to have the egg collapse while it was being starched....

..I'll have to sleep on it... sarah, I do believe you have created a thread monster here:lol

Should we attach the handle to the back loops of R16 (the contrasting colored loops on the inside near the beginning of the wavy edge)? I don't think you would want them attached to the wavy edge and the handle seems too short to attach below the wavy edge.

Oh, I guess you all are asleep :c9 . I think I'm the only one on the West coast. I'm going to bed too. :c9 I really like how the basket turned out; I think I'm going to try colored wire to attach the handles. This has helped me alot in my crocheting skills. I love small projects like this. I think the handle would make a great bracelet. :) Goodnight for me...good morning for you!

mine is on hold too too many hours at work yesterday and probably today too the fingers and wrists are tired! i will probably finish it on the weekend when i am home to turn the pants all different ways!

Good Morning! Got an early start this morning before the girls wake up! :yay I'm just about ready to work on my second one. These are adorable! :ty :ty :ty ,Sarah!

Don't know if any of you watch College basketball.... but my Mountaineers pulled it off in the last seconds last night! :yay :yay We're going for the NIT Title!!!:cheer :cheer

Hi, everyone:clap !

Now that I've finished reading all 30 Can Pants messages, I guess I'll check in now. Thanks to all of you for giving me a good laugh to start the day. I've been in the CAL since it started, but I'm usually reading my email in a rush and haven't had time to write. I'm only on Day 2 of the directions, but I read all the messages because I couldn't wait to see what it was. My Can Pants are going to be teal, too. At least I think it's teal. I couldn't find a color name on the package. I hope I can find a GIANT can to clothe. I've been crocheting as tightly as I can, but it's still big. :think

Rita K.

Dayton, OH

Well, my night went OK. Other than an annoying call my DH got from his mother... (Love the lady but..... even he gets frustrated with her....)

I really was all out of sorts yesterday. Hopefully today will be better. We'll see.

I've started on yesterday's rows and am about halfway through the first one. I love how the ruffle is working up. I just needed a break from trying to crochet so tightly...

Oh, as far as it belling out, mine did that until I did the first row of just 60 sc, but has been going nicely since then. I think that's when I started holding really tightly to make it down to gauge. I don't think that'll be too much of a problem, it looks cute anyhow.

:idea OooOOOoo!! I just figured out what I'm going to do with this when it's dry. My good friend's birthday is on the 3rd. I'm going to put some little goodies in it and ship it off to her. She needs a smile anyhow! :yay

I'm prety sure it's even one of her more favorite colors. :yay:manyheart

I'm glad I know what I can do with this other than admire it and go ooooooo.

Archived