Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies

heart

Sorry loopy, I just couldn't resist that one. I'll go in my corner and have my time out now.

:rofl :rofl :rofl You all are too funny! :D

You know..I wish we had a JoAnns here. But I must say, Hobby Lobby is my favorite, b/c I love the Yarn Bee brand of yarn called baby bee. It's the best! And I can only find it there. We have a Michaels too. I could spend an entire day just going into each of these stores.....:c9

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:hookGood Evening Ladies!!! Finally home after a busy day! I have one of mine caught up and working on the second. Hey Loopy, I'm watching "Dancing With The Stars" to see if I see the 'Can Can'!:lol Hope everyone had a good day! :)

You know..I wish we had a JoAnns here. But I must say, Hobby Lobby is my favorite, b/c I love the Yarn Bee brand of yarn called baby bee. It's the best! And I can only find it there. We have a Michaels too. I could spend an entire day just going into each of these stores.....:c9

I love Hobby Lobby too. And I love their Yarn Bee yarns. You won't find it anywhere else because it is their brand.

Have you tried their new brand called 'I Love This Yarn'? It is so soft. I love that yarn, too.

Hey Sarah! I've stayed away from Yarn Bee because I don't see enough info out there about it or patterns and I just about have to have the pattern and the exact yarn or thread it calls for or things just don't work out.

LEA! don't you say anything!

I think I'm gonna frog my large size can can pants. I can see what you mean, Sarah, about how it looks. It's not as delicate. Maybe I'll just go back to the open work rows and make the openings smaller so it'll look a little lacier or racier!

Everyone's pics are looking good! Yay!! :D

Lea and Jeannie, You all crack me up! :D

About joining the thread, I usually end off the first color, then I actually tie on (I know!) the next color and pull up a loop through the stitch, and away I go. I weave in the ends later, sometimes If the tail is long enough I "crochet it in" with the thread from the ball, and go back and cut off the little piece sticking out, so it doesn't show, but I've cut my work before...this is not fun! Especially for me, I almost get sick If I have to frog something. ;)

I have found it for .99 a skein. It has been a while since I found it that cheap. I wish they would have it that cheap again.

99 cents???????? I would be so tempted to buy them out! WOW. I think the cheapest I have found is $1.67 a skein. And I don't see that often. What is typical in your area?

Brenda! Glad you got it working! It looks great!

And Brenda and Mel, you work in the loose ends with thread the same way you would with yarn. I use a large eyed sewing needle to thread 'em through.

If you guys are all signed in, then how come your little thingys next to your name are dark. I know mine stays lit even though nobody's home!

99 cents???????? I would be so tempted to buy them out! WOW. I think the cheapest I have found is $1.67 a skein. And I don't see that often. What is typical in your area?

It usually goes for 3.99 - 4.99 (I think)

They have Baby Bee 40% off this week.

Argh..did you have to go and say that????? ::sighjust when I had a big talk with the family about saving money for a trip this summer. Hmmmmmmmmm :help

OOPS. Sorry! :blush

I get their sale email every Sunday morning, so I plan my weekly yarn shopping trip then.

I'm logged in, just invisible :lol

YOU CAN'T DO THAT! I think I've had enough for one evening!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow when we get to play in the starch! WOO HOO!!!!

Good night all...sleep well! :sleep:night:sleep:night:sleep:night:sleep:night

my can pants are growing. what long legs....didnt try it on the green bean can again guess i will do that when i get home tonight

do you think we could take out an ad that are at the beginning of the threads and sell can pants?

I love Yarn Bee too, but Hobby Lobby doesn't come this far east. That means when we visit the inlaws... I try and go. Either that or on my many travels for work I'm always looking for one...

my can pants are growing. what long legs....didnt try it on the green bean can again guess i will do that when i get home tonight

do you think we could take out an ad that are at the beginning of the threads and sell can pants?

hehehe selling can pants. :lol I'm sure everyone else on the board who hasn't read this thread will think we've compleatly lost it.....

Looking good there Aussie! I haven't bought startch yet either. I guess I should do that after work today. Hmm.... I may just try the glue thing though, not sure how much I'm going to be startching things in the future...

Thanks Addey

Well my daughter came in and said "is that for me". I said no its for me as its in my favorite color blue. If I make her one I will have to make one for my other daughter as well, so I guess the liquid starch will come in handy. But it will mean another trip to Big W to find some more colors.

Good Morning All!!! Aussie your 'plastic thingy pants' look great! I'm caught up on both of mine. But have to wait until after work to get today's instructions. I think I'll start 2 more since I have the extra colors. My hubby has made his guess as to what we are making. Ya'll have a good day! :hug

Archived