Beaded HEART Doily 14 beads in each heart

sunnywolfgar

Here is the Heart doily I finished I was not able to post it till now. It was in a doily contest.. now that its over here is the Heart Doily. There are 14 beads in each outer heart. The center Hearts does not have beads..

There is no pattern it is done free form. I did study--search for so many heart doilys on the net and went thru so many books looking for hearts patterns but I could not find the look I wanted--I was after, but I did come up with this. There are lots of patterns out there for hearts doilys or other type of patterns...afghans etc....

There are so many things I would change about this doily.. I plan to do one like this again but change a few things...

1. Make the hearts bigger...
  2. do not use mill hill beads...use bigger beads next time....

Even tho Mill Hill beads are glass it does not show up in pictures that well. I had a hard time getting the pictures to show the beads.. I had alot fun making this doily. First time for me making hearts and it was a tuff challange. Worked on just the Hearts many days and hours was put into it. Trying to get the look I was after...

th_Heartdoilys5.jpg

My Photobucket Slideshow

look

it's interesting :) can't wait to see what you do with the design when you find the time to play with it more

Thank--you all..

I did not win the contest but thats ok it was fun...as crochet is always fun..

and yes it was done with out a pattern.....

What I wanted was all 5 solid colored hearts to join in the middle and have the variagted hearts to join later,,,but that didn't work out well.

So I came up with the another idea and had the solid hearts float later to join the variagated hearts in the middle. sorta like spin off colors from the middle. hard to explain.

Worked much better except after I took the picture I could see its very hard to see the beads and I took alot of pictures with different light. Then got to thinking looking at the pictures needed bigger hearts and bigger beads. Mill Hill beads are glass-- yes and nice --but not for this project. But if you wasn't looking at the doily thru the picture and was in front of your real eyes its very pretty. And you can see the Beads :D ~~~~~

White Heart has RED beads.

Pink Heart has RED beads.

Red heart has WHITE beads.

Burdgandy heart has CREAM beads.

Bright Pink has CREAM beads.

I :think haven't :think decied :think what to do with it yet. :think may keep it:think ,, give for a gift :think or put it on Ebay...:think

Thank--you all.....

Archived