Least Favorite Place to Crochet

Does anyone have a place that they don't like crocheting in or at?

My least favorite place is in the bedroom. I'm not too crazy about having to sit on the bed with my back braced against a wall...with only a pillow separating my back from the wall. It gets uncomfortable very quickly and I have to get up and move around.

It also tends to get warmer in the bedroom than it does in any of the other rooms. Not a good thing when you're working on an afghan and have to stop every few minutes to fan your hand to get your fingers to stop sweating. The living room is the only one with an air conditioner in it...but that's where my husband watches tv or plays on the XBox.

Plus, I usually close the door to the bedroom so that I can watch tv and not hear a gory movie or program or very loud video game instead. Not that the bedroom is small by any means, but with the door closed...it feels more "confined."

I don't have a least favorite place.

I know what you mean about "sitting on the bed with my back braced against a wall...with only a pillow separating my back from the wall" and how uncomfortable it is, but yet I do it.

I don't have a least favorite place really either. I crochet in the bedroom at home all the time. :) At work I sit on the couch. But I guess I could say that I don't like crocheting in the car on cold nights while I wait for my kids at their activities.

My least favorite place to crochet is on an airplane. Although, this is probably where I do the most crocheting, since I travel a lot. It's not so bad if there isn't someone in the middle seat (or I'm not in the middle seat), but anything requiring color changes or wider than a baby blanket is a definate no-go on the plane. Also, being a lefty, if I'm not in the far left seat of the row makes it awkward, since I don't want my elbow getting into other people's space. My 2nd least favorite place is the airport, simmilar issues and those chairs are even less comfortable than the plane!

I'm not a big fan of crocheting in bed either. Takes too many pillows and they just get in the way after a while. I have found though that if I'm sitting up in bed, putting a pillow under my knees makes it more comfortable :D

I like to crochet just about anywhere, but if I have to choose a least favorite, it would have to be the car. Only because Zoe (the Boston Terrier) likes to sit in my lap. Sometimes she'll move to the back, but eventually she always comes back to the front, which causes me to have to put away what I'm working on.

I'm not crazy about crocheting on a plane either. Just not comfortable. As I live in my parents' home(taking care of them). For my own space, it is my bedroom . I use it as a bedroom, sewing room, computer room, T.V. room, etc. I have a very comfortable upholstered swivel chair in there & that's where I like to crochet.

At home apparently, LOL. I get too distracted by other things I need or want to do. I'm sure I'd crochet at home if I wasn't able to do some from work, but since I can, I do.

I love crocheting on my bed. I can spread out all my yarns. I bought one of those big back pillow things with arms that I put on the bed when I am sitting there, so much better than pillows. Least favorite, hmmmm... anyplace I am cold and it is also hard to crochet in my old rocking chair. I can'r crochet in a straight backed chair.

Archived