Tetris inspired afghan CAL

thegothicl

Does anyone here know where you can get a free tetris download? My brother told me that he had found a site thet you could download nearly any old nintendo game but then his computer crashed and he couldn't remember where the site was.

This is one place to get a free Tetris download. It's not the Nintendo version of the game, but it is a Flash game, that can run right from your desktop (doesn't have to be installed). I found it by Googling "free Tetris download". It came up with a ton of links, so if you have a particular incarnation of that game in mind, you might want to try that.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my first row sewn together with ends weaved in except the last end on the last square. I started the first square of the next row (crocheting it). I'll post a pic tomorrow if I can since Firday is our Post a Picture Day.

Debbi

Debbi~Congrats on your progress, I can't wait to see pics. I have mine all sewn together too because I made the mistake of not sewing the first two rows together until I had the squares done. :eek That was a job & a half to sew & weave two rows. I now do them when I have 2 or 3 squares finished, much better. :lol

I have made some progress on my tetris ghan. I finished my 3rd row of squares with ends all weaved in. WOOT, WOOT!! :yay :yay

How is everyone else coming along?? :hook:yarn

Three rows already :clap Great job. I am goingt tomorrow to get the rest of my yarn and then should hopefully have another eighteen done.

Ok, so here's where I am. I think I have finally settled on a graph. I've been fussing around for a while, trying to get it just the way I want it. Finally, I decided to play games until I had a screen shot that would work for me. I did manage to discover that it is really, really hard to play and NOT clear rows lol!

Anyhow, here is my plan for the layout. What do you think?

tetris.gif

By the way, for those keeping track, my finished bag will be 10 by 12 squares.

I am going to try to make my first square tonight. It may take some experimentation to get the size I want, so who knows if I'll have any pictures to share tomorrow. Wish me luck!

OK, here's mine so far:

th_IM000513.jpg

(clickable)

I spent so much time preparing for this afghan and not much time crocheting. Hopefully, it will go faster now :)

How do you like my homemade yarn bobbins? They are just pieces of corrugated cardboard with notches cut in both ends. They sure make it alot easier to keep all the yarns from tangling too much.

Wow great progress.

I like the yarn bobbins, that is a great idea.

My pictures are small [not clickable] because I just have my cell phone camera. You'll see I'm crocheting about 3 squares and then sewing them onto the afghan. By then I'm ready to sew and stop crocheting for a while.

Here's the one that shows the entire afghan, minus the boarder, I'm doing that last as it's all black and I want to wait for good lighting and I figure I'll watch movies while doing it so it's not so boring to do all black.

tetrisd2-8.jpg

Here's a close up with my hand to show the size of the squares and it's a great close up of the squares

tetrisc2-8.jpg

If you want to see truer colors, here's a link to the chart I'm using

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/Debbi-a1/tetrisafghan2.jpg

Debbi

OK, here's mine so far:

th_IM000513.jpg

(clickable)

I spent so much time preparing for this afghan and not much time crocheting. Hopefully, it will go faster now :)

How do you like my homemade yarn bobbins? They are just pieces of corrugated cardboard with notches cut in both ends. They sure make it alot easier to keep all the yarns from tangling too much.

Just dropped in for a comment..

I like the way you are doing your Tetris ghan.. It's looking really good so far..

Great job on the bobbins..

OK, here's mine so far:

th_IM000513.jpg

(clickable)

I am impressed that you are doing this as a soild ghan.

Are you putting the word Tetris on the side? If so that is very creative.

Your's is looking great as well Debbie. I agree about working the same color at the same time but for some reason this is the only way I can do it. I guess it goes back to being homeschooled I would get all the boring subjects out of the way at the begining of the day.

I like your colors! I think I got burned out from my crochet quilt (sill a WIP) and so that's why I'm doing different colors right now. Once I get bored of changing skiens after a square or 3, then I may do all black for a while.

Debbi

Robin~Beautiful start to your tetris ghan. You are alot braver then me doing it as a graph. :clap:cheer:clap

Debbi~Your tetris ghan is coming along great, very pretty colors.

Melissa~Love the color choices but I guess I would since they look like the same ones i'm using. :blush:D

My Progress:I did get the 5th row done but by time I remembered it was pic. day it was too dark so I will get a pic. tomorrow. Have a good night. :manyheart

No photos, cuz as I said, it'd be just a photo of a bunch of squares, but so far I have:

23 black

11 red

9 blue

I can get about 12 out of each small skein (black is a pound, and I made 10 non-solid grannies before I switched, so those are kind of a waste. . .), I just didn't want to start the last red one and wind up with not-quite-enough yarn.

Right now, my graph has 16-20 of each color. I either need to rework my graph so that I have 12-16 of each color, or double up ALL my skeins for, in some cases, just 4 squares. I still need another 2 pounds of black, though. He'd better appreciate this. XD

No photos, cuz as I said, it'd be just a photo of a bunch of squares, but so far I have:

23 black

11 red

9 blue

WOW you are flying along :clap My squares arent joined yet I am not sure if I will wait until I am done with all the squares I just have to see as I go.

I am impressed that you are doing this as a soild ghan.

Are you putting the word Tetris on the side? If so that is very creative.

Thank you.....

Yes, I am putting Tetris down the left side and an example of all the tetrominoes across the top.

Sounds like everyone's ghans are coming along great. Three cheers for everyone :cheer :cheer :cheer !!

WOW you are flying along :clap My squares arent joined yet I am not sure if I will wait until I am done with all the squares I just have to see as I go.

I'm making it a goal to complete at least 8 per day, in order to have them all done in time. So far I'm on track, working on my 48th (six days, obviously).

I'm waiting to connect them, because I'm working on making enough of each color -- otherwise, I'd have to drag along all my colors with me wherever I go (I crochet in class quite often).

Spring break starts tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have time to maybe get ahead of myself.

Hello Everyone!

How's everyone coming along on there tetris ghans? I know I promised pics. Sat. but everyone here has been sick. I'm glad I waited because my Hubby bought me a digital camera last night. It takes much better pics. then my webcam. Anywhoo, here is my progress so far. I have to attach the last two squares to the ghan still.

th_100_0008.jpg

I hope you all have a great day! :D

Tabby that looks great!

I wouldn't mind seeing squares. That would help me stay motivated to make more squares.

Looking at my pic on Friday I thought it looked weird. I went home and checked. Yep. :blush I put the squares on the bottom instead of on top of the row... so I need to take them off and resew them... :( I didn't work at all on it because I kind of felt bad and I wanted to work on a shawl I'm doing (another CAL) and I was enjoying that so much I didn't want to stop LOL.

Now I want to work on my Tetris afghan after seeing the pictures and hearing the updates!

Debbi

everyone is doing such a great job!! i'm sure ill come up with mine shortly here ! I'm starting school soon i have an interview with them wednesday so my life is gonna be hectic here for a bit! but i will start on mine asap!

This is such a great idea!! No way can I do this before I finish one of the other two CAL's I'm in (they are so addictive), but I'm also subscribing to this thread! I love tetris, this would be a great project!! You all are doing such cute projects!

Archived