Apple Green Fat Bottom Bag-I've still got the Fever!!

yarndiva

This was for me originally (you know, the you never know who'll get the bag as a present stash), but our church Children's Sunday School coordinator will be moving away and I think tomorrow is her last day so this will be my Thank You gift to her...she did drop a hint that her birthday was in March and Green is her fave color...so...:lol

http://bp1.blogger.com/_xYA-42NStJg/Ro5caVWY5kI/AAAAAAAAACk/7lGf7nddZkM/s1600-h/S5000956.JPG

Kindly click on the Feb 2007 Gallery link in my sig.

This was for me originally (you know, the you never know who'll get the bag as a present stash), but our church Children's Sunday School coordinator will be moving away and I think tomorrow is her last day so this will be my Thank You gift to her...she did drop a hint that her birthday was in March and Green is her fave color...so...:lol

Kindly click on the Feb 2007 Gallery link in my sig.

Beth, Your bags are beautiful! I think I have a touch of that fever too! I have made 3 "fat bottom bags" and am working on the 4th. I love the Apple Green. What is the color called and is it red heart??

It's an apple green mercerized cotton thread (5/2 is the size, I think) that I found on eBay last year. I have a yarn winder and wound the cone into 4 balls and there is probably 2/3 of a ball left after it was all done

Just visited your gallery....i LOVE BOTH fat bottoms you've made. I've been wanting to do one, but i have a few other projects i have to complete first. I love the color you've chosen too. Very Vibrant....ready for spring time.

wonderful bags!! I also love the middle one...is that the commission? Is that what they call filet crochet? or Thread crochet?....I'm very new at this but I love that look...

thanks

Labeana

:manyheartI absolutely, positively LOVE your fat bottom bags! The colors are beautiful, so vibrant. :yarn I especially like the green one. I would love to :cheer make one of those. It seems my project list is growing. :nbook :pencil I had no idea how addicting crocheting could become. I have more project ideas to start than I know what to do with.:think My husband just said the other day, "Shouldn't you finish one thing before moving onto the next?" :lol

Hi Everyone!! :hi

:ty :ty :ty for dropping by and taking a look at my bags! It's so awesome that the bags are turning out better and better!

I think I should post the source of the pattern everytime I show off a FBB bag I made..I keep forgetting, sorry!

It's from Stitch 'n Bitch: The Hapy Hooker by Debbie Stoller. The pattern is called Fat Bottom Bag. I only used the pattern exactly by itself just once and then did my own take on it for the rest of the bags.

I still have a Denim bag that 99% done and a lavender one and a black one that's 40% done. They're on hold as I am making Spring/Summer apparel for my girls (and me)

The wooden handles I got at Hobby Lobby. Michael's, JoAnn's or other craft stores should have them as well.

Again, :ty for all the wonderful comments!! Bags are the easiest to make when you have only one cone of a color that you were hoping to make into apparel :lol

wonderful bags!! I also love the middle one...is that the commission? Is that what they call filet crochet? or Thread crochet?....I'm very new at this but I love that look...

thanks

Labeana

Hi...sorry to repeat but I guess you missed this....thanks!

Archived