Look at the Magazine I Got (1977)

At first when my husbands' Great Aunt sent this to me, I thought... "Oh brother...":rolleyes

th_PDRM0002_edited.jpg

(Clickable.)

But then I started looking through it, and thinking, 'heeeey... this is actually pretty cool! I think most of these are back in style!' :lol Seriously, like the second time around....

Am I allowed to post pictures of what is inside the magazine? (Without having the pattern on there, just the picture of the sweater, or vest...) :think If so, I'll show you what's inside.

Tina

I just got a few 70's magazines from ebay. They are awesome.

The only thing I have to do is adjust the patterns to fit - they only went up to misses 12 or 14 back then.

Or, I could lose some more weight, lol!

But yeah, with a just a few color changes, most of the stuff is remarkably current looking in these old magazines.

people have before without reprimand (there is a thread somewhere about a vintage joke which has such pics) but check with AmyS first :)

Oh, I love vintage magazines! You're right, some of the styles are back "in" again. I collect as many as I can when we go to flea markets.

I had just recently received some older magazines and had your first impression also.....but then the treasures inside of them :hook

Have fun with the "newest" addition - please post pics of your works

I have a lot of old crochet books too - I got a bunch from my mom when she cleaned out her closet, lol. Now they're in mine.:blush

I find too, that I have to take a closer look at them before I like them. I think it's the colour combos they used - I can't stand all the oranges and green, lol. Once you get past that, then the actual patterns are often quite pretty.

Archived