Crochet Today

Just wanted to share that I just got my new issue of Crochet today. And I think I'm in love :manyheart with every single pattern in this issue. At this moment I want to make each one. Has anyone seen the new issue? Is it just me that thinks this? :blush

I've enjoyed every Crochet Today so far, but I think this may be the best one yet! I was very, very excited when it came today. I am super excited about the pretty baby blanket, the hearts (I've been searching the internet for a good heart pattern like that!), and the linen colored bag, although that would be my first "experienced" project. I'm really excited too!

Sounds like a good issue. I don't know if I'll be able to get it or not; they're hard to find in this area and I can't get a subscription.

I can't wait to get my issue! I love this magazine and what's really neat is the way the website is setup for you to see all the projects and how to obtain the materials to make them.:)

I picked it up today, and it was definitely worth the wait. My only problem is that I can't decide what to make first!

I was really excited about this mag when it first came out, but I'm not finding much in them that I like. I did bookmark 2 things in this edition to make, though. And I really love that baby froggie hat! I just don't have anyone who could use one.

I noticed what might be nice for some in here, just not me. There were several thread patterns. And several nice articles.

I really enjoy this magazine, but I've had nothing but problems with my subscription. I didn't get my first issue when they were sent out and had to email them. I finally received it a month late. I still haven't received the December/January issue even though I emailed them again, and they promised to send it. Now that the February/March issue is out, I'm wondering if I'll get my copy of this one. I'm a little tired of having to email them about every issue. I don't think I'll renew my subscription. I'll just take my chances on finding it on the stands. Wal-Mart had the December/January copy. I hope they have the latest one, also.

Linda,

I had the same problem and never heard from them when I contacted them by email. I called them and left a message and they called me back the next day. They took my info and sent me out the dec/jan issue no questions.

What's so funny though, I got 2 dec/jan issues in the mail :P on the same day! I got my feb/mar issue today so I'm feeling more confident.

I want to make the supplies caddy, the heart motif is really nice, and I liked the spring jacket too. I kind of like the idea of the ripple afghan so it's a possibility too.

I have many other things I'm working on right now and other things on my wim list so who knows when I will get to them all.

Thanks for telling me you've had problems, also, Samatha. I guess misery loves company. LOL I went ahead and purchased the Dec/Jan issue when I found it at Wal-Mart because I already knew my issue was late and I didn't want to miss one. It was the last one they had! I've seen the preview of the next issue, and I really love the purse pattern they're showing. If I find this one at Wal-Mart, I'll go ahead and buy it, too. I hate waiting, and it seems in Oklahoma you can always find the issue on the newsstands before you get your copy in the mail. I think people who subscribe should get their issues first no matter what part of the country they live in.

I had trouble getting my subscription started, too! I just got my first issue. I'm excited to try the fingerless gloves and the leg warmers for my dancing daughter and the cute dog collars for my pampered greyhounds in some furry bright colors!

I think I'm going to start with the baby stuff first then with the gloves. Lot's of babies in wating for stuff.

I understand about having magizines. Luckily I don't have the problem with this magazine but, I do with another one of mine. I just relized I havn't recieved it (Cookie) in like 3 months. That sucks for any magzine.

• 2 months later...
I absolutely loved the last issue, and this one looks nice also. I'll definitely buy it just for the Swingy Coat pattern. Way cool.

Kathy

Hi,

did you try the Swingy Coat pattern yet??? I'm working on it now and can't get the stitch count on the sleeves to work right. I'm doing the medium size and I get 2 less stitches in row 11 than I'm supposed to have. I'm wondering if it's me or something with pattern. I emailed the today so maybe I'll find out in a few days.

Angie

I know I love this issue. I'm making the Zippy Hoodie for my youngest DD and the Spring Trench for myself. Once I work through some of my WIPs, I'm going to make the Kimono Cardi for my 13 yr old DD. I wish I could make my eldest DD one but she's requested that I don't make her any more crocheted items. I also plan on making my 13yr old the hanging organizer, the blue bolero, the purple vest... I think I need to go do some more yarn shopping.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

I love this magazine to bits. I just got the April/May issue today. There is an adorable butterfly blanket that I want to make for my daughter.

And good info (and a nice project) about tunisian crochet. Very interesting :)

I also picked up the spring issue of Interweave Crochet. Gorgeous clothes and stuff in there. I'm SO excited. And yet, I already have too many projects started. What to do, what to do? :goodorbad

Nora

You are all sooo lucky! I used to be able to purchase this magazine in Belfast a few years back but only for a few months. The newsagents then stopped stocking it - no demand for it! They have lods of cross stitch, card making, scrap book and even knitting magazines but no CROCHET. I cant even get it on subscription. Im green with envy!!!!

I just checked it out online as well. I love that Trellis Tunic....now I just have to find the magazine.

I am really disappointed in the number of crochet magazines available in my area. They seem to be few and far between.

I don't think I'll renew my subscription. I'll just take my chances on finding it on the stands.

I agree. I haven't had major problems with my subscription, but I'd much rather get it on the newstand than have to wait on my copy to come in the mail long after it's on the shelves.

Archived