Stuffed Camo Valentine Heart Guy NOW WITH GIRLFRIEND!!!

Chrome Kitty

I made this little guy for a very sweet boy. He said his favorite color is camo:lol (he's a hunter). I was going to do a more manly edge, but he's just too cute with the ruffle and I couldn't resist. I couldn't wait until Valentine's day to give it to him so he got it last week. He said Mr. Valentine needs a girlfriend, so I'm going to make another one in red & pink.;)

th_funva.jpgpost-2549-135897403937_thumb.jpg

After waiting as patiently as any male can, Mr. Valentine now has his beloved girlfriend. Her name is Candy. She's red & pink. She loves her hunky boyfriend so much that when she looks at him, her eyes turn to hearts. She's normally very shy, but in honor of Valentine's Day, she got a little flirty for the camera in the last picture.:lol

th_000_0004.jpgpost-2549-135897403926_thumb.jpg

They haven't met in person yet. So far they've only seen each other's picture online, but I'm sure they'll get along since they're so much alike.:manyheart

post-2549-135897403922_thumb.jpg

post-2549-13589740393_thumb.jpg

post-2549-135897403933_thumb.jpg

That is just too cute.. I wanted to make one as well in reds for a valentines day swap in another group.. I hope I have time..

Great job.. Please do show us the pink girly one..

The heart portion is done from this pattern. I made two (front & back). I made one change to the pattern. In the last round, instead of doing sc3tog, I did 3 slip stitches. I also skipped the trim round.

For the arms, I chained about 25 (I don't remember for sure) and then did 2scs in each chain. The legs were done the same way, but I think I chained about 35.

I sc'd the two hearts together, working through the ends of the arms and legs when I got to where they'd be attached. I stopped stitching at some point to stuff him and then continued sc-ing around the heart. Then I did 2dcs in each sc to make the ruffle.

I don't know how many stitches/rounds I did for the boots and mittens. The boots started with a flat oval and then decreased a few stitches every round until they looked like a little boot. For the mittens, I made a few chains and joined then worked in the round for a while and decreased to a point. They're just sewn on to the arms & legs.

I embroidered the face after he was all stuffed, but it might be easier to do that before joining the two hearts.

The girl version is going to have three layers of ruffles and pom pom feet and hands. I'll write down how I do that one. So far she's just two hearts and one ruffle. :lol

Thanx for sharing the pattern I am making some now. I just had to remember how to do the dc5 ch tog. that's all but it's so easy and thanx for sharing how you did the arms and legs as well. I can't wait to see your girl version.

:manyheart Girlfriend is done.:manyheart She's in the first post. For her double ruffle, I did the ruffle around each heart before slip stitching them together. The pink is a dc ruffle and the red is dtr (yo 3x). I was going to do a 3rd ruffle in white between the two, but I really wanted to get her done tonight so I skipped that. Her eyes are tiny hearts made of ch6, 5sc in second, sl st 3tog, 5sc last, sl st next on other side of starting ch, 5 sc in next, sl st next & join. Legs & arms are the same as the other one. Hands & feet are pom poms, which I realized I haven't gotten any better at since I was 7 years old. :lol Oh well.

Thanks! :hug The two met this weekend and I realized she's a lot bigger than he is because I didn't have the heart pattern with me when I made her. I guessed at the length of the starting chain and apparently was off by twice as much. It's ok, though. They look cute together. :manyheart

Archived