oh my - i love this bag

skydramini

Ohh, it's stunning and sumptuous!!! Please give us details...yarn-aholics must have the gory details. :D What yarn did you use, and what did you do differently?

I really love your gorgeous bags... keep them keep them! You deserve them (that's what I tell myself about sweaters I make etc)

Can you tell me more about the strap? :think I have a bag I felted, with rings for a strap...but 6 months later it still needs a strap becuase nothing seemed right.... I like your belt idea. Thanks for any help!

Again great bags!!:cheer:clap

The yarn I used is Bernat Masala. It's horrible to work a chain and 1st round with, but tolerable after that. It's pretty chunky too, based on the difference in bag sizes.

As far as the handles go, I bought these skinny pleather belts at a liquidation sale and cut off the buckle (I tried to keep it to simplify but it made everything too thick and obviously unprofessional.

Then I put d-rings on each end, brought the ends down to the center of the belt, glued and put clips all along the length overnight. When I was certain everything was dry, I sewed the d-rings to the bag and was done.

I'll probably bring the purses to a shoe repair shop just to get them to sew along both edges of the belt to secure the bags further. And I still have to line them but I have the material, I'm just lazy! For lining I bought silk cushion cases (square ones for kitchen chair cushions) for 1$ each at the dollar store. They already have a zipper so I just need to sew them into the bag after making them the right size. :)

Seriously, the belts cost me 2$ a piece. I need to go buy more.

Archived