Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning ladies! Cara have fun out today.

Hmmm, GBU, Great Bunches of UFO's? :D No idea there either.

The first two things that popped into my head were Great Big Unicorns and Grimy Bald Umpires :rofl I'm sick I tell you what :lol

I just realized I've been logged in since this afternoon. Everything is okay but DH is checking on his Mom who fell again. She is okay, but it's been another crazy evening. :( I will catch up with you all in the morning. :manyheart

Sorry I missed this! :hug I'm glad she is okay.

The first two things that popped into my head were Great Big Unicorns and Grimy Bald Umpires :rofl I'm sick I tell you what :lol

Personally I like the unicorns one :D

Good Morning, I think. :lol

Thank you all for the concern for MIL. She is one stubborn lady...all of the falls have been from trying to get out of bed without calling the nurse. She wears a bracelet when resting that tells them she is getting up and they fly to her room...too late, though. The only other option is an enclosed bed - which is several thousand dollars and would require a private room. We're checking into possibly leasing one today.

Donna ~ I've added 23 more to the list. Way to go on nearly finishing!:cheer

I won't even try to respond to everyone's posts this a.m., but I have read them all and got lots of laughs about "GBU." :D I have no idea, either. :think

I can't wait to order yarn! DH and I are going to see MIL and then to lunch. Hopefully this afternoon I can play on JoAnns site. :yarn

Have a wonderful day, all. Cara - Good Luck at Bingo. :)

Acronym Definition

GBU Guided Bomb Unit

GBU God Bless You

GBU Global Business Unit

GBU Good, Bad and Ugly

GBU Grupos Bíblicos Universitarios

GBU General Business Unit

????????

Can I ask everyone's opinion? Regarding the PS colors I was planning on using, it's this post. Anyway, I bought my yarn for it and got in Caron: Kelly Green, Pale Green, Light blue, Royal Blue and the Green Ombre. I'm honestly not sure I'm feeling the green ombre. It seems like it'll be too much green. A friend suggested a blue one, but I don't know about blue between the two greens.

What do you ladies think? Too much green? Change it to blue? Or change it to a different solid color, maybe yellow or purple? For reference, in the pattern graph it's the shaded green after the dark green. Thanks ladies!

Can I ask everyone's opinion? Regarding the PS colors I was planning on using, it's this post. Anyway, I bought my yarn for it and got in Caron: Kelly Green, Pale Green, Light blue, Royal Blue and the Green Ombre. I'm honestly not sure I'm feeling the green ombre. It seems like it'll be too much green. A friend suggested a blue one, but I don't know about blue between the two greens.

What do you ladies think? Too much green? Change it to blue? Or change it to a different solid color, maybe yellow or purple? For reference, in the pattern graph it's the shaded green after the dark green. Thanks ladies!

I'm not sure where you'll be using the ombre...and I'm not always good with greens. Sorry

[ATTACH][ATTACH]7644[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

heres my monster btw:D

ew this post is posted funky sorry

I want to pinch his cheeks! He's too cute:c9

The steroids are doing their job already and Ive only taken two for the day so far. Im still puffy but I can blink without weird sensations now. Did have to bust out the glasses though. APPARENTLY Im hypersensitve to the sun. :( how crappy is that? I was told to carry sunscreen and benadryl in my purse from now on, wear hats if Im gonna be out in it for extended time periods too. I guess I should search for a BIG hat ;)

Glad to hear that things are improving. A hat with a WIDE brim. And watch out around water. The sun's rays get reflected back up from it and get you from below even when you're protected from above.

Oh, he's so sweet!

Here are the squares. I didn't make it to the post office yesterday, but will today for sure.

post-9295-135897441293_thumb.jpg

He is adorable!

Glad to hear that things are improving. A hat with a WIDE brim. And watch out around water. The sun's rays get reflected back up from it and get you from below even when you're protected from above.

Great squares you atttatched there.

oh my oh my, are those what I think they are.... ;););):clap:clap:clap

Erin did you ever get the 2 I sent? One was pink and cream and the other was just pink. And he is adorable!

I do believe I did, I'll check fast........yes, yes i did. I should have been telling people that, ugh, im tired lol

My face is looking better, but still puffy. Its miserable really. Apparently hypersensitivity is not that common and its usually very very scary. Im lucky that this only happens to me when I burn badly. Im so fair skinned. Also, it was a cloudy day when this happened, but still shame on me, i guess i kind deserve it. :(

oh my oh my, are those what I think they are.... ;););):clap:clap:clap

Yes, they are. :manyheart

I do believe I did, I'll check fast........yes, yes i did. I should have been telling people that, ugh, im tired lol

My face is looking better, but still puffy. Its miserable really. Apparently hypersensitivity is not that common and its usually very very scary. Im lucky that this only happens to me when I burn badly. Im so fair skinned. Also, it was a cloudy day when this happened, but still shame on me, i guess i kind deserve it. :(

Nope, you don't deserve it. I have to be really careful in the sun, too. Take it easy. :hug

Nope, you don't deserve it. I have to be really careful in the sun, too. Take it easy. :hug

Those are puuurrrrttty:drool

yeah its not fair, my hubby NEVER EVER wears sunscreen, even when I tell him hes gonna get cancer on his face.... and he RARELY burns, its unfair. Poor Alex got pink cheeks that day and that made me feel worse than my condition. Thankfully hes already over it and his little cheekies are peeling. My forehead after shopping today is NASTY eww, it looks like lots of little blisters but its actually my skin ready to peel...icccccck. Im bad too because I have a picking peeve but Im NOT touching this one

Erin - I finally got to the post office today. There's a pink square and a blue square on their way to you :D

Didn't win at the bingo today :no Oh well, still had lots of fun :D

Gonna rest a bit then work some on that LC :hook

Erin - I finally got to the post office today. There's a pink square and a blue square on their way to you :D

Didn't win at the bingo today :no Oh well, still had lots of fun :D

Gonna rest a bit then work some on that LC :hook

yippppeee! I seriously thought I was nuts for getting so happy about getting squares in the mail, but its great! :hook Thank you! Sorry about bingo.... :(

Jumping in here - have you seen the Caron teal variegated with green/dk blue/lt blue/white? That would be a good middle ground to use. Let me see if I can find the color, ah yes - Color 582, blue teal ombre, you can see it on the Caron site. You might have to order this online or someone on Ebay, I haven't seen it in stores lately.

Hi Cara - I'm finally over here officially. I made the first two dk blue squares on the Garden Cat afghan tonite!!!

So hello to everyone, and I'll be in here more often. Can't wait to see how everyone's doing on their quilts.

Archived