Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Sounds like allergies:think

yes, sorta. an allergy to sunburn/sun

Its a really weird thing that happened to me in 05 and its happened again. i hate it, it makes me miserable, and now Im gonna have to sit at that office looking like a weirdo! lol. But its putting a lot of pressure on my nose and eyes so I don't want to suffer any longer. I should have relaxed more yesterday but Josh had to work and Im not going to make Alex suffer. Ugh.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a really weird thing that happened to me in 05 and its happened again. i hate it, it makes me miserable, and now Im gonna have to sit at that office looking like a weirdo! lol. But its putting a lot of pressure on my nose and eyes so I don't want to suffer any longer. I should have relaxed more yesterday but Josh had to work and Im not going to make Alex suffer. Ugh.

I hope you get in to see the doctor quickly!

...you should be getting my pink squares today - latest tomorrow, I would think.

I hope you feel better soon! :hug

Good morning, everyone. I was in bed by 9:00 last night. I sure hope I get caught up on rest soon.

:( Gracie doesn't mind the heat, but then she likes everything. :lol

Question! I know it's a little early to start baby things, but I'm thinking of making two Little Stars or RRs in DD and SIL's college colors. (U. of Texas and TCU) They have season tickets every year and love their football. Is there any way to estimate how much yarn for say a 40" ghan? I always buy lots extra, but the only purple that works is Berella 4 and I'll have to order online.

Little kids and pets all seem to love the weather no matter what it is.

I don't know the answer for a 40" RR, but the ones I've made are about twice that and required 8 skeins of RHSS each. Soooo, 3 - 4 should be way plenty.

You're doing the 6 point one? I just finished a 9 point one today and it's about that size and used almost 3 full sk of blues, with small amounts of white and yellow for contrast.

Here's the pic

Mine were 12 points.

The main body of the LC is all finished being sewn together. Just the last 44 saltines to make 2-22 square strips for the top and bottom then the border :dance I'm so happy. I'm getting sick of this ghan :lol

The LC sounds so awesome and the blocks are super. Can't wait to see the finished project. You are so very close now.

Gracie has been stealing Zoe's toys and putting them in her crate. :lol I got them out before I put her in for the night and Zoe is happy to see her mice again. :lol

Poor Zoe. :hug

spoke too soon!!! I WAS feeling a ton better yesterday, til late evening when my nose bridge and eyes started to swell...awesome...now my eyes are all swelled. Looks like a trip to the doctor for me, cause Im not gonna play around with my home remedies anymore =( What a week...

I really hope you get to feeling better soon. Hopefully the doctor can get you in quick today and prescribe something that will have you up and around in no time. :hug

I'll be putting 10 pink squares in the mail to you today, Erin. Just have to hide the tails now, which won't take long as there are only 1 or 2 colors in each square. About half a dozen different pinks in all though. :manyheart

Hi, Linda! Sounds like you're still catching up on your sleep! You have a very demanding job:hug

I used to always make the 12 point RRs - then discovered the 9 point one and have been giving this one a ride for a while. The nice part was not having to remember to change the number of stitiches in the points. I think I'm due to go back to the 12 point, though. I actually made a doily with the 12 point pattern, too.

Have a good day!

You know, I'm going to have to try a RR. People keep talking about them. I wasn't sure at first...didn't get it. Now, I'm going to have to go stash diving and make one! :yes

It's definitely a great stash buster!

Good morning ladies :flower

Nicole - Ouch :( Hope the doctor can resolve this problem for you :hug

Linda - Hope you can get caught up on your sleep soon :hug

Only 22 more saltines to make and sew on to the LC and then it's time for the border! :dance:jumpyay Hopefully I'll have it all done this weekend :yes My hands are stiff now so it'll be slower going :lol That and I'll have to hope I can get it cold enough in here. Putting the border on a quilt in 100*+ heat can be a bit...uncomfortable :lol:sweat

spoke too soon!!! I WAS feeling a ton better yesterday, til late evening when my nose bridge and eyes started to swell...awesome...now my eyes are all swelled. Looks like a trip to the doctor for me, cause Im not gonna play around with my home remedies anymore =( What a week...

I hope you get better soon!

Cara - I think you meant EMedley. I'm all good! :) Thanks though. You are kickin' all sorts of rear on the LC. Go you!!!

Doh! :oops Sorry about that :blush That'll teach me not to quote posts :lol

Doh! :oops Sorry about that :blush That'll teach me not to quote posts :lol

:rofl I know I'll do that at least three times daily if I don't quote. :lol

Oh, yeah! If you all get a sec, check out my blog. There's a picture of the comfortghan on there now.

Oh, yeah! If you all get a sec, check out my blog. There's a picture of the comfortghan on there now.

Oooh I like that with the mix of the large and smaller squares. Hmmm, that gives me half an idea :scrachin

Only 22 more saltines to make and sew on to the LC and then it's time for the border! :dance:jumpyay Hopefully I'll have it all done this weekend :yes My hands are stiff now so it'll be slower going :lol That and I'll have to hope I can get it cold enough in here. Putting the border on a quilt in 100*+ heat can be a bit...uncomfortable :lol:sweat

:rofl :rofl :rofl I'd say that's a bit of an understatement, Cara.

Oooh I like that with the mix of the large and smaller squares. Hmmm, that gives me half an idea :scrachin

Only half an idea? I'd have guessed it would give you half a dozen ideas. :lol :lol

I just saw that on my feed reader. It looks great and will be loved!

Thanks gals! I am over joyed with how well it turned out.

I had to laugh about Cara's "half an idea" as well.

It's a sickness, I tell you :lol I take my camera and paper and pencil to draw with everywhere I go. I get inspiration everywhere. One of the quilts was inspired by a tile pattern on a convenience store bathroom floor halfway between here and Dallas :lol

It's a sickness, I tell you :lol I take my camera and paper and pencil to draw with everywhere I go. I get inspiration everywhere. One of the quilts was inspired by a tile pattern on a convenience store bathroom floor halfway between here and Dallas :lol

:rofl

Hi everyone. :)

Erin ~ Feel better soon! :hug

Yup - Cara has it down to a science! I am SOOOOOO Not a straightline thinker:P

Julie had been absorbed in requalifying for her nursing license...and till I dropped out of facebook some weeks back I always saw Tabby there....

And poor Zoe....turn about is fair play, I guess:lol

Thank you for the info, Judy. :yes

Good morning, everyone. I was in bed by 9:00 last night. I sure hope I get caught up on rest soon.

Little kids and pets all seem to love the weather no matter what it is.

I don't know the answer for a 40" RR, but the ones I've made are about twice that and required 8 skeins of RHSS each. Soooo, 3 - 4 should be way plenty.

Mine were 12 points.

Linda, I remember your beautiful RRs! Thanks for the help with the yarn amounts. :manyheart

You know, I'm going to have to try a RR. People keep talking about them. I wasn't sure at first...didn't get it. Now, I'm going to have to go stash diving and make one! :yes

I really like them! I made three a few years ago and then got totally hooked on Cara's little squares. :lol

Good morning ladies :flower

Nicole - Ouch :( Hope the doctor can resolve this problem for you :hug

Linda - Hope you can get caught up on your sleep soon :hug

I still haven't bordered the Penguin for that very reason.:yes

Your ghan is wonderful, Nicole! Beautiful work. :hook

Hi Val and Jessica!

Yay! Joanns online has all of their yarn on sale! :yarn I need to order a bunch, so it's great timing. I truly love the Bernat Berella 4 and none of our stores carry it.

Here is Miss Gracie with Zoe's collapsible tunnel.:lol She dragged it into the breakfast room from DH's office the other day and loves it.

post-10699-135897441141_thumb.jpg

Yay! Joanns online has all of their yarn on sale! :yarn I need to order a bunch, so it's great timing. I truly love the Bernat Berella 4 and none of our stores carry it.

Mary I saw that and found a free shipping code to use..JOANNSHIP25....just spend 25$ or more to use it.Have fun!!!

Here is Miss Gracie with Zoe's collapsible tunnel.:lol She dragged it into the breakfast room from DH's office the other day and loves it.

Looks like you'll have to get Zoe a new one:lol:lol:lol

Hi Shay ~ Thank you so much! :manyheart I hope to figure out what I need today or tomorrow at the latest. :yarn

Nicole, thank you. We call Gracie the "sometimer" puppy. Sometimes she is very, very sweet and then the terrier (or terror ;)) comes out. :lol

Yep, either a new one for Zoe or a sturdier one for Gracie. :lol DH said he would make one for Gracie that won't collapse so easily.

I'm pretending it isn't 101 degrees and am putting on a big pot of vegetable-beef soup after while. I woke up thinking about soup...so I'll just turn the a.c. down to feel more like fall. :D

I really hope you get to feeling better soon. Hopefully the doctor can get you in quick today and prescribe something that will have you up and around in no time. :hug

I'll be putting 10 pink squares in the mail to you today, Erin. Just have to hide the tails now, which won't take long as there are only 1 or 2 colors in each square. About half a dozen different pinks in all though. :manyheart

ohhhh that will be a great pick me up!!! i'll keep my eye out for the mail ladies. someone hit our mailbox last night :(

doesnt mary maxim carry it?? I think so. may cost more :blush

Archived