Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning House, I had a great crafting day yesterday. It felt good to crochet, knit and weave all in one afternoon and evening. I was suppose to clean the house yesterday but I didn't finish I only have to clean the bathroom this morning I was anxious yesterday to get to doing my crafts. I started my ripple, I manage to crochet three row of it, it is my plans to try to crochet three or more rows a day. I'm praying I can stick to that. My ripple is 130 chains long. I was going to do it smaller but it would have been to small even for a lapghan which is what I plan on crocheting. I made a small dent in the knitted baby blanket and hopefully it will be done soon. My daughter call and want her mommy to come and be with her and the babies while her hubby go and hang with the boys so that is where I will be this afternoon, but I will not spend the night for I want to go to church tomorrow. For once I feel fully rested and relax this morning, I guess because I had a great yesterday. Yipeee for a ME day. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Cindy - don't worry about when you'll be able to ship the squares, it get here when it get here. I have so much on my plate right now that I will need time to put all the squares together, I'm looking forward to doing that. :hug

Diane - I also knit English style, I tried the other way but I find I'm able to control the tension of my stitches better. I'm also going to order the book that Sherri made her squares from. Her knitting is so nice and neat. :manyheart

I like the colors of your RR and your pennies too. :D I'm glad to hear that your pup is doing better. I love dogs too, I just don't have one, maybe when I move. I would love a dog to hug and love.

Judy - I'm glad you like the card I sent you. I do have to check out the AC Moore store in Holmdel some AC Moore stores have a bigger stock of yarn then others. Right now I think the AC Moore in Mid-state Mall need a good restacking.

Tam - nice colors for your ripple, those colors always look nice together.

Lissa - how cute

Marisa - Mmmmmm yummy cake

Julie - Hi there, I hope you have a great day

Joanne - hi, one day soon we will meet and do some yarn shopping and sit for a bit at starbucks. Yes I think I would really like to do that. :hug

and if I mess anyone please have a nice day. I'll BBL Hugs to all my house mates :hug

Thanks, Cheeria. :)

Hi House. :)

It's supposed to be an out and about day for me, but my college-aged kiddo who is going out with me is still asleep. What's a girl to do? Make coffee and knit I suppose.

The cake in a punch bowl looks really good, but I still haven't made my carrot cake yet. But on the other hand I've lost 1.8 lbs since my last weigh-in. Go me!

Enjoy your day crafters. I'll be back later to look at yarn photos.

Howdy folks-

Quick jump in ---

Cam wants me to play a game with him, so only a quick check .

Tab- I have heard of Tim Mcgraw,but wouldnt know him if he came to my front door .

I know some country singers -- how about Willie Nelson ?

Hi House,

Just a quick jump in for me as well. We are having thunderstorms and power has already gone out once. Need to reset all the clocks, etc. DH is at store, picking up stuff for the stew that he wants for dinner.

Addie is my little miniature pinscher. She weighs about 7 lbs. and makes me laugh every day. She is so funny.

To add to the Kindle discussion, many new authors offer their books for free or really cheap, like .99. Also, if you need to, you can re-download any of your books, Amazon keeps track of what you have downloaded, and you can share your downloads between 6 (i think) other family members. Lots of books have text to speech abilities so if I am uncertain of how a word/name is pronounced, you can flip it to speech and hear how it is pronounced, it also means if it's a real page turner and you can't put it down, flip to speech while you cook dinner or do other tasks and it reads to you. And if you don't know the word just move the cursor and it has built in dictionary. If it's a person you don't know, it will go online and look up in wikipedia, so many really cool features. I have mine in a leather, book type cover with a night lite. O.K., end of commercial. :D

DH home, got to put the stew on. TTYL

Hi House...did good last night...got 4 rows done on my ripple and 6 done on my RR..now im off to do some house work then sit in the sun for 15 min..take a shower and sit and crochet some more while watching DS play the new Wii Mario on the big screen.Im feeling really good today so i hope it stays that way.

Shay

That is wonderful news that you're feeling well today .Enjoy your day and I hope all the days to come are good for you too .

Diane-

I think between me, you and Joanne we could rake up some money ,trying to talk others into buying kindles. Amazon should give us a cut of the money,don't you think ?

I totally forgot to mention the machine reading the book to you .I've only done that once ,and fell asleep ,so it didnt go real well. I slept through quite a bit ,so had to retrace my steps .

Anyhow it sounds like you are also a happy kindle owner .

Hi Everyone! I'm wondering if any of you know an easy crochet shawl pattern for someone who's new to crochet? I'd really like to make one for Riley's Grandmother. She's the one who's currently having a cancer scare (she was in remission, not sure if it's actually cancer again or not)

Julie ~ Your new yarn is so colorful and lovely!!!

Tonight starts Relay for Life in the next town over. My grandfather is a cancer survivor and my whole family is going out to walk with him for the survivors lap.

Joanne - hi, one day soon we will meet and do some yarn shopping and sit for a bit at starbucks. Yes I think I would really like to do that. :hug

I would love that! I love Starbucks!!! I think it would be lots of fun to meet up at ACM (and I agree- they could use some re-stocking:lol)

:yay for a ME day- You sure did lots of crafting done!

Lost my message! UGH- clicked the wrong button or something???

Anyway-

Julie- LOVE the yarn!!!! LOVE the colors!!! Can you PM the colors you got? No rush though, cause I can't treat myself until I use up some more stash- so I'd better get cracking!!!

Judy- thanks for letting us know you'll be busy and may not be around- I for one would worry about you and will be thinking of you every time I watch the Yankees!!!

Tammy- That is so cool that the boys carry their grandpa around with them!!! That little tidbit warmed my heart!!!

Tab- Hope you are having a good day- how is doa- did you go to the ER?

Diane- Your pup sounds so cute- and glad she's doing ok

I did my cleaning, DD called and wanted to know if I was ok. She said she had a bad dream, but wouldn't tell me about it. So she came over and had bagels with us- then she went home (I guess she had to see that I was really ok- LOL) I finished cleaning and then the two of us took a ride to Trader Joe's. Got home a little bit ago- finished watching the end of the WC- only to have USA and England tie the game. Just went outside and trimmed a few bushes and now DH and I are going out for a while.

BBL

Hi Ladies. :) 'Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We lost two Cherry Laurels and one Japanese Maple in that 13 inch snow storm...the weight of the snow broke major branches. So today, DH and I replaced all three and they were in 15 and 20 gallon pots.:eek Needless to say, we're both sore and tired. :lol

Everyone's pictures are wonderful!

Tam, the boys are so good looking!

Julie ~ The yarn is fantastic! I've been reading Lucy's blog for about a year...aren't her pictures great? After I finish this ripple, I want to order her colors and start the granny stripes pattern. Have you decided on a pattern yet? Thanks for sharing the link. :manyheart

Little Luke is starting to flirt with just about everyone. :lol He smiles a lot and has big dimples. :c9 I took care of him on Thursday and didn't want to leave...what a sweetheart.

Linda ~ Can't wait to hear more about your trip. It sounds like you've had a wonderful time. :)

Off to the shower and then will tackle laundry. Maybe I can crochet for a while! :think:yes

Hi House,

Just a quick jump in for me as well. We are having thunderstorms and power has already gone out once. Need to reset all the clocks, etc. DH is at store, picking up stuff for the stew that he wants for dinner.

Addie is my little miniature pinscher. She weighs about 7 lbs. and makes me laugh every day. She is so funny.

To add to the Kindle discussion, many new authors offer their books for free or really cheap, like .99. Also, if you need to, you can re-download any of your books, Amazon keeps track of what you have downloaded, and you can share your downloads between 6 (i think) other family members. Lots of books have text to speech abilities so if I am uncertain of how a word/name is pronounced, you can flip it to speech and hear how it is pronounced, it also means if it's a real page turner and you can't put it down, flip to speech while you cook dinner or do other tasks and it reads to you. And if you don't know the word just move the cursor and it has built in dictionary. If it's a person you don't know, it will go online and look up in wikipedia, so many really cool features. I have mine in a leather, book type cover with a night lite. O.K., end of commercial. :D

DH home, got to put the stew on. TTYL

Thanks for the advertisement! I'm sharing it with my DH. I've been trying to convince him that it would be a good investment for me. :) You have just about sold him on the idea. :yes

Thanks for the advertisement! I'm sharing it with my DH. I've been trying to convince him that it would be a good investment for me. :) You have just about sold him on the idea. :yes

:clapOne last plug, you can order books on line from your computer or directly from your kindle. They download in 1 minute or less. Also available for download are newspaper and magazine subscription. And it holds approx 1500 books. I'm done now, honest. :devil (Julie and Joanne...we can split the commission) :rofl

Howdy folks-

Quick jump in ---

Cam wants me to play a game with him, so only a quick check .

Tab- I have heard of Tim Mcgraw,but wouldnt know him if he came to my front door .

I know some country singers -- how about Willie Nelson ?

I would not only know him, but he would not ever get back out of my house. :devil Yep, Willie Nelson but he is older than dirt. :yes:lol

Ok ladies-

Here's my new yarn :

OMy.....love the yarn and colors. Beautiful! :manyheart

Lost my message! UGH- clicked the wrong button or something???

Anyway-

Julie- LOVE the yarn!!!! LOVE the colors!!! Can you PM the colors you got? No rush though, cause I can't treat myself until I use up some more stash- so I'd better get cracking!!!

Judy- thanks for letting us know you'll be busy and may not be around- I for one would worry about you and will be thinking of you every time I watch the Yankees!!!

Tammy- That is so cool that the boys carry their grandpa around with them!!! That little tidbit warmed my heart!!!

Tab- Hope you are having a good day- how is doa- did you go to the ER?

Diane- Your pup sounds so cute- and glad she's doing ok

I did my cleaning, DD called and wanted to know if I was ok. She said she had a bad dream, but wouldn't tell me about it. So she came over and had bagels with us- then she went home (I guess she had to see that I was really ok- LOL) I finished cleaning and then the two of us took a ride to Trader Joe's. Got home a little bit ago- finished watching the end of the WC- only to have USA and England tie the game. Just went outside and trimmed a few bushes and now DH and I are going out for a while.

BBL

Nope....stayed home....my 11 year old is spiking a high fever.....started at 2 a.m. :eek So, I am a bit tired today. :yes

Hi Ladies. :) 'Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We lost two Cherry Laurels and one Japanese Maple in that 13 inch snow storm...the weight of the snow broke major branches. So today, DH and I replaced all three and they were in 15 and 20 gallon pots.:eek Needless to say, we're both sore and tired. :lol

Everyone's pictures are wonderful!

Tam, the boys are so good looking!

Julie ~ The yarn is fantastic! I've been reading Lucy's blog for about a year...aren't her pictures great? After I finish this ripple, I want to order her colors and start the granny stripes pattern. Have you decided on a pattern yet? Thanks for sharing the link. :manyheart

Little Luke is starting to flirt with just about everyone. :lol He smiles a lot and has big dimples. :c9 I took care of him on Thursday and didn't want to leave...what a sweetheart.

Linda ~ Can't wait to hear more about your trip. It sounds like you've had a wonderful time. :)

Off to the shower and then will tackle laundry. Maybe I can crochet for a while! :think:yes

Awwww......sounds like such a cutie. :manyheart

:clapOne last plug, you can order books on line from your computer or directly from your kindle. They download in 1 minute or less. Also available for download are newspaper and magazine subscription. And it holds approx 1500 books. I'm done now, honest. :devil (Julie and Joanne...we can split the commission) :rofl

:lol And use the commission to buy more...books!

Good Afternoon,

Here is quick pic of my 12 row rr and my pennies. :D

Beautiful start on your RR, Diane.

Did I ever tell ya guys that my 4th block of classes ended and my grades were both over 99%? :cheer I have officially finished my first "school" year (8 motnhs). :cheer :cheer

Tabby - Congratulations on the wonderful grades. Good luck with this summer's classes.

I'm going back to the Yankee game in a sec.

Here's my 44 inch RR. I used ILTY from Hobby Lobby that someone gifted me a while back. It's for a children's charity so I thought it was a perfect use for it.

Pic came out dark....the turqua really pops and the purple is also light colored

Thanks!

Not sure what pattern she posted - this one is Lynn's baby round ripple http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

Enjoy the game!:hug

That's a great colored RR, Judy. That's the round ripple pattern that I use for all my RRs.

Today is my mom's birthday and I'm heading back up there tonight, but have to come back sunday for a friend's graduation party, which I was asked to make my Punch Bowl Cake for....so I put it together after work since I won't have time sunday between coming back from my parents and heading to the party.

So, I took a pic of the cake :D:lol It's a very refreshing dessert and is ALWAYS a big hit at any event.

?Marisa - That cakes looks delicious. Where do we find the recipe for it

Well... I'm late on catching up for the day.. but its been busy and I'm movin' slow due to my neck. Its a bit better ...but still not itself.

I just started my ripple a bit ago.... so I'll put my pennies in for my rows tomorrow night. I'll count Saturday to Saturday but post progress on Fridays.

Anyway... here's the yarn colors I'm using!

its the colors of our boys baseball teams.

[ATTACH]22020[/ATTACH]

David..................................... Michael ...................................Patrick

[ATTACH]22021[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]22022[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]22023[/ATTACH]

:mug

Beautiful colors for a RR. That's so special that the boys carry their grandfather with them.

I finished two tiny projects today. There's an anime movie called Princess Mononoke. And on it they have these ADORABLE little tree spirits. I'm attaching a photo of the tree spirits AND my two little crocheted ones

I'm going to end up making like 20 if I'm not careful lol

Lissa - Your tree sprites are delightful. Can't wait to get home tomorrow and see the cards you've sent me.

Hi House. :)

It's supposed to be an out and about day for me, but my college-aged kiddo who is going out with me is still asleep. What's a girl to do? Make coffee and knit I suppose.

Isn't that the way it always goes?:lol :lol :lol

Ok ladies-

Here's my new yarn :

That yarn is gorgeous, Julie!

Sorry you had to replace the trees. Babies grow so much and so fast that first year or two.

Well Relay for life for me and the kids was cut short. They were saying a SEVERE storm was moving in. We just got home. We barely beat it home lol

Lissa, I'm glad you beat the storm home. Hope it didn't do any damage.

The visit with mom went extremely well. She was thrilled with the quilt. It was on the bed in the guest bedroom almost from the time she opened the box. We had a great visit. I was shocked at how much she has failed in the last four years though. And I understand how she falls so often now. She almost when down last night, but I grabbed her arm and prevented it. It really is only a matter of time before she's going to fall and majorly hurt herself and then there won't be a choice about putting her in a nursing home, but for now she is still able to stay in her own home. She had found some of the doilies that Grandma made and one of my baby blankets recently and sorted them out for me. Between what I've bought here and what she gave me it's going to be a close call as to whether or not I'll be able to get it all in my carry-ons tomorrow. :lol :lol :lol

My brother is mostly gray now which was also a surprise. And his wife's hair is silver. Wow!

My plane tomorrow leaves at 3:06 central time and arrives in Atlanta at 6:06 eastern time. So I should be home by 8:00 or there about.

Linda- Safe travels tomorrow!!!! Glad to hear that the visit with your Mom went well!

Tab- Hope your DS is feeling better- you must be tired!!! I got your "summer" card today and will be putting it in the mail on the way to work Monday!!!

DH and I went out for a while and with all Judy's talk of new furniture, I had said to him it was time to get some real nightstands for the spare room instead of what we had in there. We lucked out and found 2 nightstands on sale for $99.00 each! I was so excited!!! Should be here the end of the month!

Oh forgot to tell you that when DD was here she wanted to see what I had made recently and when I showed her the two "turn on itself" potholders, she asked if she could have them. It made me happy that she wanted them!

Well everyone- sweet dreams!!!

Good evening ladies :D

I was planning to check in this morning, but I slept in!!! :c9 Didn't get up until 11:30!!!!!! :eek I don't know that last time I slept past 8:30, which is sleeping in :rofl I guess I really needed it :yes I was supposed to go out with my mom to run some errands this morning, but she went without me and I was still asleep when she returned. I'm still amazed!!!

It looks like a few of you would like my Punch Bowl Cake recipe so I will post it next by itself. No link or anything, just in my head that I stole from mom :lol It can be altered to your likings and/or taste buds :yes

We ran to the beauty supply store (after I got moving) to get me some shampoo and conditioner and then my mom colored my hair :clap It was due and she also did my aunt's and my aunt did hers as well since the mess was already out. My parents and I went to dinner at a new diner in town :clap It was GREAT!!! The food was excellent, service was fairly quick, and they gave you a lot of food! Between mine and mom's leftovers, I have 4 meals for the week :eek Crazy.

My mom and I then went to the movies to see Letters to Juliet, which was really cute :yes Then a visit to my Aunt....she had 2 containers of eggplant parm for me and a chunk of zucchini bread :drool

Now, I decided to check in while mom's watching tv and dad went to bed :D

I had never heard of this Kindle thingy y'all are talking about but caught on quickly and thanks to Diane's commercial (you should be the spokesperson)...I want one :lol My concern is that my eyes aren't happy with reading on the computer, so how does it differ? Even when I took online classes, I actually printed out the chapters of my books each week! :yes Do you all find it easy to read?

Linda - I was glad to see that your mom was thrilled with the quilt :yay Have a safe trip back home :hug

Oh, Julie

Glad you got my card. I know you said that you mailed the summer one out so it will probably be in my mailbox when I get home :mail:clap

I already have yours and will get it out on monday :D

Lissa - I also have Pippi on dvd :D Glad you got home before the storm :yes

Julie - your new yarn is just gorgeous with all of those bright colors! :yay

Joanne - I was sad to hear that dd had a bad dream, but on the upside, don't they usually end up meaning something good? Did you get your ripple started? And, how was the soccer game?

Judy - Thanks for the FYI that you'll be scarce for a while, we surely would have worried :hug

Tam - It's sweet that the boys wear their grandpas number :manyheart

Tab - I hope your 11 year old is feeling better and the fever came down.

Sherri - :yay:cheer:clap for losing some weight

Shay - Glad to hear you're feeling pretty well today :yes

Punch Bowl Cake

Ok, so here's what you need:

2 pound cakes

2 large boxes of vanilla instant pudding

2 cans crushed pineapple (I think they're 16 oz each)

4-5 large bananas

2 cans cherry pie filling, or blueberry pie filling, I sliced fresh strawberries in this one at the recipient's request but usually do the cherry

Chopped nuts - 2 cups for just a bit or if you really like nuts use 4 and load it up ;)

2 large cool whips

Make the pudding as per package instructions.

Drain the pineapple

Layer in the punch bowl 2 times:

1. Crumble up the pound cake and even out the layer

2. Pudding

3. Pineapple

4. Bananas, sliced

5. Pie filling or other fruit used

6. Nuts

7. Cool Whip

I usually look at what I'm seeing from the outside of the punch bowl while layering because I like to see the layers, the inside doesn't matter quite as much :lol

When spreading out the pudding and cool whip, especially the cool whip since it's on top of nuts - Put a good amount in and while spreading be careful not to lift the spoon/spatula and it can pull up the layer below, just keep spreading it out by turning the bowl as you do it :D Oh, and I recommend crumbling the cake by hand and layering the pineapple by hand as well.

Oh, and taking it somewhere, I always like to put a little bit of nuts on the very top, just enough to let others know they're in the cake. Since there are a lot of people with allergies to nuts :yes

Any questions?

Archived