Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone!

Sherri- Love your work!!!:manyheart Beautiful

Linda- Have an awesome trip!!!! Joy- have fun with your mom!!!! And please, let her use the computer-:yes

Julie- Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight and take it easy this weekend!!! :hug

Judy- Nice win by the Yanks- I got to listen to the 9th inning on my drive home from work! Glad to hear that all went well with the Dr. And thanks for reminding me- I need to make a squishy appt too!

Tab- Congrats on the 4 HR's, but please, next time, wear sneakers to play softball:lol Hope your ankle will be ok. I mailed your card on Tuesday- so I think it should be arriving by tomorrow!

Cheeria- Anxiously awaiting news about the new grandbaby!!

Tammy- Hope you had a good day- How's Michael doing today?

Cindy- So did you get all your housework and laundry done? Did DD nap or have you come over to visit?

Marissa- I hope you get the game tomorrow night- After all it is your hometown team, I'm only rooting for whoever is playing against the

Flyers!:lol:lol

I did a 12 inch square last night- in bright colors- not sure if I'm going to continue it around and make a large granny or stop and start another and make a bunch of 12 inchers. I just don't like the sewing! We'll see what mood I'm in a bit when I pick up the :hook and :yarn

Have a good night everyone!!!

Joanne...sewing squares together is so very Zen:c9...give it another try - you might surprise yourself.

Or like you said, you could just keep on going and make agiant granny. I have so many partial skiens and stuff that I know what I'll be doing when I get the next 2 baby ghans done.:yes

Jules, not sure when you're leaving tomorrow, so in case we miss each other I'll wish you a safe and fun trip!:hug:manyheart Just don't forget to take it easy when you need to.

Judy- I'm going to take your word for it that it is Zen!!! :c9

I think I'll just make 12 inch squares and then put them together- Especially tonight- it is so hot- even with the AC on!!! The more I think about it, I don't think I want a large afghan on my lap!!!

And of course, if I get tired of sewing them together, I know who loves to!:devil

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheerHe's here, he's here and he's so cute and weighing in at 8 lbs, 12 in, 21 inches long. The c- section went very well and my DD look great. His name is Sean James. We are all very excited. Got to run and take care of my other grandbaby for my son-in-law is staying with his wife and new baby. The hospital that my daughter is in (Saint Peters) has remodel the maternity rooms where as the baby and dad stay in with the Mom. I think that great. Have a great evening. :hug

Sherri -

Thanks for sharing the photos --nice job on all your items ! You are so good at knitting !

Joanne and Jude- thanks -- I dont know how early we'll be leaving tomorrow.Just when we get up and get everything gathered up and packed .

I'll take it easy and rest as much as possible .

I may try to stop in quick in the morning --we'll see how things go . If not, I'll be back within a few days -- the latest we'll possibly stay will be til Monday morning ,so we'll be home that day sometime if not before, just depending on how things go .

I'll miss all you guys,but know you'll all be in here yakking up a storm so I have a bunch of pages to catch up on when I get home .

Take care and have a good weekend guys -:)

Cindy- So did you get all your housework and laundry done? Did DD nap or have you come over to visit?

I did a 12 inch square last night- in bright colors- not sure if I'm going to continue it around and make a large granny or stop and start another and make a bunch of 12 inchers. I just don't like the sewing! We'll see what mood I'm in a bit when I pick up the :hook and :yarn

Have a good night everyone!!!

DD napped so I didn't see her today. I didn't really have time, although I would've gone if she wanted me to.

And I don't care to sew things together either!

Joanne...sewing squares together is so very Zen:c9...give it another try - you might surprise yourself.

Not for me. I see it as a disagreeable task that has to get done every once in a while. Guess I need to change my attitude before it becomes Zen-like for me.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheerHe's here, he's here and he's so cute and weighing in at 8 lbs, 12 in, 21 inches long. The c- section went very well and my DD look great. His name is Sean James. We are all very excited. Got to run and take care of my other grandbaby for my son-in-law is staying with his wife and new baby. The hospital that my daughter is in (Saint Peters) has remodel the maternity rooms where as the baby and dad stay in with the Mom. I think that great. Have a great evening. :hug

Congratulations!!!!!

I have to work tomorrow so I'm going to post my pictures tonight.

The dress I sewed last Saturday. Its a lousy picture because I took it myself. I forgot to have dh take my picture and he's not around at the moment.

post-6189-135897537027_thumb.jpg

My variegated square, Its Caron Rainbow Dreams in maritime. I don't think it's made any more.

Also DD's Maui shrug It needs a couple more rows done still and then I can sew it together and do the edging.

post-6189-135897537032_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897537035_thumb.jpg

And something different. I've been eyeing all the pretty embroidery patterns and started a practice piece, which I think I will turn into a border for a nice old fashioned apron. I also started an embroidered pillowcase.

post-6189-135897537039_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897537042_thumb.jpg

Good evening housemates,

It seemed like an awfully long day at work today. I think I'm getting sick :( I haven't felt like myself all week, since sunday actually :( At first I thought it was sinus/allergies, but am now thinking my body's fighting off a cold.

Then after my rough day, I came home to my cake card!!! :clap It sure made me smile....Thanks Julie :D

I'm going to work on my afghan a bit tonight, but think it's more likely I'll pass out on the couch....better set the alarm on my phone just in case :lol I haven't worked on my knitting it seems like forever :(

Julie - I was excited to see my card in my mailbox, and it was the ONLY piece of mail I received today too. I opened the mailbox and there it was, almost shining ;) Have a great time at your reunion and if you even feel like you want to ignore your body when it's telling you to go inside and just push through a little while longer....think about all of us yelling at you to get your butt indoors!!! ;) Only because we love you though :ghug

Linda - Glad you got your hair done and Kim's nails. Sounds like you ladies had a great day. Have a safe trip :yay

Lissa - You sure must have needed that sleep :D I'm glad DH was off today so you were able to get what your body was looking for ;):cheer for R's blue stripe!!!

Tab - Sounds like your nausea has stopped :clap As for the ankle.... tsk tsk tsk.....but, 4 homeruns is awesome!!!!! It's bitter-sweet ;)

Tam - WTG on your projects and getting your card out. I hope you came up with something creative for your no salt recipe :)

Sheeri- your flowers are soo cute and the knitting is amazing!!! :yay

Cindy - I like the color of your square :D The dress is great!! :clap And I love the color you're using on the shrug :D Gorgeous embroidery work!!!

Cheeria - CONGRATS :clap:cheer:yay Can't wait to see a pic of Sean James :manyheart

Joanne - keeping my fingers crossed to get the game tomorrow :think And it's ok, I won't hold it against you for rooting against them :( I don't mind sewing pieces together, which I just figured out with this afghan :lol

Hi Judy, Joy, and everyone else that wasn't here today, but might stop through tonight yet ;)

Cheeria ~ Congrats!!! I'm glad your daughter did ok with the C-section too :cheer:cheer

JulieKay ~ Have a great weekend sweetheart!

Gardener ~ That dress is amazing!! :clap

marpan79 ~ i'm so sorry!! Getting sick is horrible :( Hoping it doesn't last long :hug

Speaking of photos. I'm posting my Friday ones a early. Tomorrow I'm mowing again and once I'm done, I'm really done. Just like burnt toast. :P

Just so you know not all of this has been done this week. The flowers were from a couple of weeks ago, I just never posted them. I'm not in the swap for these. I just thought it would be a good way to use up my RHSS. There are more with ends still to be woven in.

I'm doing a KAL with some friends on the Lullaby baby blanket. The pattern info can be found on ravelry. Gaining new skills with this one.

And then I'm still working on the LTK squares. No photos yet, but when my hands get tired, I go sew on these Faux Bowtie blocks. I'm going to turn them into a shower curtain.

Sherri - All your pieces are lovely! I really like that variegated color.

I think I'll just make 12 inch squares and then put them together- Especially tonight- it is so hot- even with the AC on!!! The more I think about it, I don't think I want a large afghan on my lap!!!

And of course, if I get tired of sewing them together, I know who loves to!:devil

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Congratulations, Cheeria. He's a BIG boy.

The dress I sewed last Saturday. Its a lousy picture because I took it myself. I forgot to have dh take my picture and he's not around at the moment.

My variegated square, Its Caron Rainbow Dreams in maritime. I don't think it's made any more.

Also DD's Maui shrug It needs a couple more rows done still and then I can sew it together and do the edging.

And something different. I've been eyeing all the pretty embroidery patterns and started a practice piece, which I think I will turn into a border for a nice old fashioned apron. I also started an embroidered pillowcase.

Cindy - Everything looks great!

I just finished doing my nails. Now for some supper. Pack my suitcase and hit the sack. :manyheart

Good morning!

Cheeria- Congrats on the birth of your new grandbaby Sean James!!! And Saint Peter's is where I had 2 of my 3 DD's! I live about 20 min from there! Happy that DD is feeling good- Enjoy the new baby!!!

Cindy- Your work is all beautiful...from the dress to the square to the shrug to the embroidery- you are quite the talented one! Hope your work day goes by quickly.

Linda- Have a safe trip and a fun time with Joy and your grandchild!!! Enjoy the time with them!!!!

Julie- Safe travels to you too!! Rest when you need to and I hope you have an enjoyable time with your family! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Marissa- Hope you feel a little better today! You know what the Dr ordered, rest, drink plenty of fluids and crochet!

Judy- I didn't even do another square last night- I weaved in the ends of the first one, and then went up to bed cause I had a headache. Next thing I knew the alarm was going off this morning- guess I needed some rest!

Tab- Hope the ankle is feeling a little bit better today!

Haven't done much this week as far as projects for photo friday- I'll take pics of the 2 "v" squares I did and the 12 incher I made.

Well, off to get ready- TGIF!!!!!

Good Morning Ladies :coffee

I'm running a little late so don't have time to comment individually this morning. I'm still dragging myself and am extra thankful it's a short week. I'm going to head up to my parents house tomorrow morning and just veg at home with my dad. My mom went to florida this week until monday so I figured pop can use some company. I will wait until later or even tomorrow to post my pic bc I'm sooooo close to finishing...I just wait.

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll see y'all later :D

Good Morning, House mates!:)

Cheeria, congrats on the newest grandbaby!!!:cheer:cheer:yay

Jules, we'll hold down the fort for you! Have a great time:c9

Linda, have a safe trip - enjoy!!:manyheart

Great job, Cindy!:cheer:clap My sewing leaves a lot to be desired, esp with wearables!!

I hope work goes well:hug

Nice work here, too!:cheer:cheer

I have a prestamped embroidery project I was gifted...you've inspired me. It might be a good change from the x-st projects.

Judy- I didn't even do another square last night- I weaved in the ends of the first one, and then went up to bed cause I had a headache. Next thing I knew the alarm was going off this morning- guess I needed some rest!

Sounds like it to me, too:yes

I'm running a little late so don't have time to comment individually this morning. I'm still dragging myself and am extra thankful it's a short week. I'm going to head up to my parents house tomorrow morning and just veg at home with my dad. My mom went to florida this week until monday so I figured pop can use some company. I will wait until later or even tomorrow to post my pic bc I'm sooooo close to finishing...I just wait.

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll see y'all later :D

Hope you get some rest...enjoy visiting with your dad.

Yup, you know where to send them...:D

Wow.........

Wow..........

and Wow!!!

your work is just beautiful!

:heart

:mug

Archived