Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Jduy - Glad I can help you remember your squares, I have to keep saying it so I don't forget :lol

Tam - I like the way that square turned out too and wonder how it would change if the size changed too ;)

Cheeria - sorry to make you hungry, but I swear my world revolves around food. Always thinking about the next meal :lol Growing up, and still now, the kitchen is the 'hang out' But, I'm part Italian and part Greek, so that might explain it :eek:rofl

Off to work on something :think

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tam -

Those muffins look good and that's nice of you guys to decorate up the friend's house- they will have a nice surprise .

NOTE :

JUST TO TOSS A LITTLE MORE INSPIRATION INTO THE VARIEGATED GAME :

I bought a pattern book made from Annie's Attic called Afghan Variegations .

The winner who is drawn from the list will also win the pattern book !~!~

dont they though... they smelled so good too. I really let the boys do most of the decorating ....... it was really neat!

That sounds like TONS of fun!!:yay:yay

:crochetingCJ:crocheting

It was alot of fun this morning decorating their front deck with balloons...streamers ... and a welcome home sign.

Tammy- those muffins look so good- your photography skills are wonderful. Congrats to the DI team- that is pretty awesome! How's Michael doing?

BBL:hug

Thanks for the compliment on my picture!

We're pretty excited about our school team doing so well!

Michael is hangin' tough! Adema is setting in and his tummy is upset.

:heart

:mug

Oh, Yummo!!!!!!! BTW: do you happen to have any extra hot dog recipe books laying around? Phil wants something different....Let me know how much $!

I can easily print up a new book for you if you would like one.

PM your address and I'll get one out to you! :D

:heart

:mug

Judy - Yipee we are going to be pen-pals. I think that's great. :hug I'm glad you found the kitchen set that you want it is so nice getting new furniture and to redecorate.

Well house Mates I'm going to see what I'm going to get into to keep myself busy. I'm so excited at the moment for this coming week my new grandbaby will be born. I can't wait to see his little face. I'm so excited. :manyheart BBL

I was glad to see we were paired up too - you don't live that far from me!

I wish your DD and her baby a fast and uneventful delivery!

Jduy - Glad I can help you remember your squares, I have to keep saying it so I don't forget :lol

I'm part Italian and part Greek, so that might explain it :eek:rofl

I started my second square....but got side-tracked and ended up joining a batch of squares to my badly neglected ATW instead! Made decent progress on the border for the graph ghan, too.

I can easily print up a new book for you if you would like one.

PM your address and I'll get one out to you! :D

Thanks! Sending a PM in a couple of minutes....

'nite everyone:hug:manyheart

Well house Mates I'm going to see what I'm going to get into to keep myself busy. I'm so excited at the moment for this coming week my new grandbaby will be born. I can't wait to see his little face. I'm so excited. :manyheart BBL

New grandchild coming for me this week too! DD is having a c-section on Friday.

Cindy my DD is having a c-section on Thursday.. A Lot of babies being born. I can;t wait. :hug

Judy - Yes we don't live far, I wonder if our paths have crossed?????? :hug:hug

Hi all!!

Before I forget-For the Color RED: Rutgers and NJ Devils!!! Did you really think I would come up with anything less than sports teams? :lol:lol

We had a busy day! As soon as the painter arrived we went and got the cellular shades for the windows. We also stopped and had lunch. Later on the in the afternoon, I went to DD's BF's father's house for a b-b-que. His brothers and sisters (he is one of 8) were all there since they are all in town for the family wedding they are going to tomorrow. DH stayed home with the painter! Well, when I got home, the room was done!!!! :clapFurniture all put back!!! The cellular shades hung on the windows!!!:clap And DH re-arranged the furniture placement in the room with the help of the painter and it looks better this way! I am so happy that it is done and it looks so clean and fresh!!!:yay I am going to be donating to Goodwill again because I don't want to clutter up the room with "stuff". Have to put my clothes and shoes away tomorrow morning so I'm going to carefully weed out more things that I don't wear!!

Judy- Glad to hear that you found the perfect kitchen set!!! And good luck finding the perfect light for your corner of the room!!!

Linda- Reading a book is a good thing! And so is sleeping in!!! I can't remember the last time I slept in- I wake up at the crack of dawn and I am awake and ready to start the day. I'm thinking of trying to sleep a little later tomorrow but knowing that I have to put away all the clothes and shoes and everything, I'll probably just get up and do it so I can relax the rest of the day!

Cindy- I can't wait to see your dress!!! And congrats on the upcoming arrival of your new grandbaby on Friday!!! How exciting for you!!!

Sheri- Your "rainforest" afghan is absolutely stunning!! I love it!!! What talent!!

Cheeria- Today was the perfect day to be outside! Nice, sunny, low humidity- I don't blame you for spending alot of time outdoors. And congrats to you too on the upcoming arrival of your new grandbaby. How fun is this- two of our housemates will have new grandchildren this week!!! I like the colors you chose for the squares. My next square is going to be in plum pudding- found a partial skein in my stash. Plan to work on it tomorrow- along with the hat.

Marisa- I bet the square would look cool bigger in those colors! How was your talapia?

Since I missed the post for Black before we went to Red, the first thing that came to my mind also was "little black dress" since that is what DD bought!

See you in the AM!

Cindy my DD is having a c-section on Thursday.. A Lot of babies being born. I can;t wait. :hug

Judy - Yes we don't live far, I wonder if our paths have crossed?????? :hug:hug

Thursday and Friday this week are going to be special days in the house!!!

And Cheeria- I wonder if our paths have crossed? I don't live far either:)

Okay, I've got my card ready for the swap. Are we supposed to send them on a specific date, or do we send them right away? I hope my partner likes it!!!

Wow Joy- that was fast!!!!

I think we can send them anytime:think

Good night housemates :c9

I think you can send your card when your ready, but the post office is closed tomorrow for the holiday.

Joanne - my tilapia was very good. I used sage, which is new for me so was a little worried.

Cheeria and Cindy - :yay for new grandbabies!!!!!! It sure will be an exciting week in the house!!!!!

We should have lots of pictures of babies in here soon. :cheer:clap:cheer

I spliced in the new piece of border to replace the place where I marked it with the permanent marker, finished pinning it in place and have done little more than three rounds of quilting tonight. I put on the Davinci Code to listen to while I sewed. And I have marked the special quilting pattern for the first corner, too. I'm trying something new in the four corners and middle square. We'll see how it looks. Good, I hope. :lol :lol :lol I've already used up one bobbing of thread. :lol :lol :lol

Good night. See you in the morning.

Jude

Glad you found the kitchen set you liked !

And yep,June 10th is ending date for the V squares .

It's ok if we have more than one block of the same - in the beggining, I said we could try to find all different shades, but any one will do, even if we have more than one of each color .

Cheeria - make sure and keep us updated on that new baby -- we will all be waiting to hear all the details .

Cindy- congrats on your new grandbaby coming this week too ! Tell us all about it when you get the chance. Will you be in the room with her ,or waiting outside ?

Some girls have a bunch of people in their rooms. They didn't do that back when I had kids, but I wouldnt have wanted a crowd in there anyhow !

Joy- you can send you card for the week right away -- anytime you have it ready is good. I'll announce new cateogies each week so you can have time to find them .

Good morning ladies -

Sorry I missed out on 2 pages of posts last night,so took me a little bit this morning to catch up.

I fell asleep in my chair --

Anyhow, a Happy Memorial Day to you all . Remembering all those who are no longer with us and all the military personel who have served our country proudly and lost their lives .

An important day to remember anyone who we no longer have with us .

In case someone missed it, as far as sending the penpal cards-- you can send them now or any day this week, just so they are out before next week rolls around,so you don't get behind .

When you receive a card, please thank the person in a post so they know you got it .

We have several people who are all from the general region of the northern 1/4 of the country, but we have a few further away .

For those of you living on STREET NAMES who are named for PEOPLE, can you tell me who those people were and what they are famous for ?

I don't think I've heard their names before .

Also ,to Tam-- how did your TOWN get its name ? It sounds like an Indian name ,but just guessing .

Our town was named for the guy who "founded it " or was fisrt to settle here I guess you'd say .Not very exciting ,but it goes well with the town. It isnt very exciting either .

Oh, and the V squares-- in case you missed it on my other post, CAN be done in the same colors as someone else or you can make more in the same color you have . It won't matter. I just thought it'd be cool to have every variegated yarn they make in the same afghan .

Have a good day all !

Another questionnaire to follow after this post !

1- Name a famous person from your state .

2-What would you say is the best food item you make ?

3-How many years have you lived in the same town you now live in ?

4- Have you ever been to a class reunion,and what year did you graduate ?

5-What were your school colors and team name ?

6-What was your biggest "Hair Disaster " ?

7- When you were little,what was your favorite thing to play on in the park ?

8-What would your former high school classmates have said you were : most studious, funniest, loudest, cutest,etc ?

9-So far in your life, what has your biggest achievement been ?

10-What is something you'd like to achieve that you haven't yet ?

1- Name a famous person from your state .

John Glenn ,U.S.Grant ,Neil Armstrong, General Custer ,Thomas Edison,Clark Gable,Pres-Garfield,Harding,Hayes,Harrison,McKinley,& Taft . Annie Oakley.

2-What would you say is the best food item you make ?

Scalloped potatoes & ham .

3-How many years have you lived in the same town you now live in ?

52- my whole life .

4- Have you ever been to a class reunion,and what year did you graduate ?

Nope - 1976 .

5-What were your school colors and team name ?

Red & Black. Indians .

6-What was your biggest "Hair Disaster " ?

When I was a teen,and put Summer Blonde on my hair,and it turned it ORANGE .

7- When you were little,what was your favorite thing to play on in the park ?

Merry Go Round .

8-What would your former high school classmates have said you were : most studious, funniest, loudest, cutest,etc ?

Probably one of the "smart kids". Not THE smartest, but I loved school ,learning ,and homework,and always LOVED those big 9-week projects that were 1/3 of your final grade .

9-So far in your life, what has your biggest achievement been ?

I'd have to name 3 :

Being the best doggone Grandma I can possibly be .

Being able to find the "good" in some people who I may have had the wrong opinion of on first meeting them .

Trying to LIKE myself and be more confident,although I was not raised to feel that way .

Hold Cam's baby someday down the road,so I guess living long enough to be able to do that .

Good morning.

Cindy- congrats on your new grandbaby coming this week too ! Tell us all about it when you get the chance. Will you be in the room with her ,or waiting outside ?

Some girls have a bunch of people in their rooms. They didn't do that back when I had kids, but I wouldnt have wanted a crowd in there anyhow !

I have to work on Friday, so I will be in the hospital, just not there. Only her dh will be there. If she had delivered in the usual way, she had asked dd is she wanted to watch, but only my sil will be allowed in. (baby is breech so that's why the c-section)

1- Name a famous person from your state . Gerald Ford

2-What would you say is the best food item you make ? Hmm, not really much of a cook.....cheese dip is the one people always ask for the recipe for

3-How many years have you lived in the same town you now live in ? 30

4- Have you ever been to a class reunion,and what year did you graduate ? never been to a reunion, graduated from high school in 1977

5-What were your school colors and team name ? team name was the Braves, colors were blue and white

6-What was your biggest "Hair Disaster " ? probably one of those do it your self haircut attempts

7- When you were little,what was your favorite thing to play on in the park ? the slide

8-What would your former high school classmates have said you were : most studious, funniest, loudest, cutest,etc ? best dressed

9-So far in your life, what has your biggest achievement been ? my children

10-What is something you'd like to achieve that you haven't yet ? don't know

Cindy

I had to laugh at the do-it-yourself haircuts.

I always cut my own hair and it kinda LOOKS like I do .

I'm not much into looks .. I don't spend much time bothering. Hair is just in the way,so I lop it off when it starts bugging me .

Most of the times, it looks ok, I guess ( or ok to ME ), but sometimes if I'm hurrying up or not at the Top of My Game , it looks pretty lousy .

I don't get too worried about it though because it always grows back out .

My husband says it's SCARED to grow, because it knows I'm gonna chop it off again .

Wow Joy- that was fast!!!! I think we can send them anytime:think

Let's just say I had a little inspiration. :D I don't want to spoil the surprise for my partner, so I'll let her share when she receives the card. :lashes

Joy- you can send you card for the week right away -- anytime you have it ready is good. I'll announce new cateogies each week so you can have time to find them .

THANKS!!!

1- Name a famous person from your state . Pres. Andrew Jackson

2-What would you say is the best food item you make ? omelets

3-How many years have you lived in the same town you now live ? a little over 5 years if you count when I lived here before. 2 months if you dont

4- Have you ever been to a class reunion,and what year did you graduate ? no. '84

5-What were your school colors and team name ? red/white/blue Pride of Lions

6-What was your biggest "Hair Disaster " ? a punk wedge with sideburns in the 80's

7- When you were little,what was your favorite thing to play on in the park ? those dome shapes monkey bars

8-What would your former high school classmates have said you were : most studious, funniest, loudest, cutest,etc ? most studious

9-So far in your life, what has your biggest achievement been ? raising my family

I'm still thinking on this one.

Archived